Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

We now return to your (ir)regularly scheduled badassery.

Magnificent! I shall break out the champagne at once!
- 7 (77.8%)
'Bout fuckin' time, you sporadic bastard...
- 1 (11.1%)
Aww, no more tranzizzled text? :(
- 1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 61

Author Topic: Slaves to DZA: God of Everything: Chapter I: The Chosen Ones: Day 2  (Read 89350 times)

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
Re: Slaves to DZA: God of Everything: Chapter I: The Chosen Ones
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2012, 07:25:36 am »

I'd totally draft up a character sheet and get in on this right now, but I ufcking suck at doing descriptions and backstories and isht like that.

Well you don't exactly have to be a bestselling author in order to participate. This game is an opportunity for those involved to experiment with its systems and mechanics (which will probably continue to be formed and refined at things progress), as well as their own writing. If you have an interesting idea for a character you want to play around with, get creative and just expand from that. As long as there's some effort put into it (A.K.A., not entirely half-assed), you have a pretty decent chance of being accepted.

@Kestrel
*approving clap*

I like it. And his uniquely modern vibe adds to the diversity of the Chosen Ones. Just a couple things to clear up and you're ready to rock:

First, do you have a specific assault rifle in mind, or are you cool with simply letting me decide that? Also, what kind of armor are we talking about here? Kevlar? Metal plating?

And just to avoid later confusion, can you confirm whether I've got all your traits right?
Traits: often going on adventures makes him a very good shot. Also having to be sneaky has trained him well in the stealthy art. Learning from various heroic figures and monks means he is very mentally controlled and always thinks logically. He also is, when you get to know him, quite nice. He also has a sense of loyalty for friends, and wouldn't betray them, unless the situation is dire indeed.

I'm not a GM but i think it's fine  :)

But i feel like where going to have a gunfight while i stand there with my arsenal of blades, getting shot. :D

You know what they say about bringing a double-bladed chain halberd to a gunfight...

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2012, 12:59:07 am »

Name: I am Taom.

Male, in personality.

Description: I look strong and athletic, yet somewhat lean. I wear a simple conforming blue fabric. I stand about 5'10 feet tall. I am otherwise unremarkable, except for a pair of very bright-blue eyes. I carry a small curved sword, with a single round, flawless sapphire embedded in the hilt. The sword is a large focus of my power.

Origin: Ah, that's the heart of the matter. I don't truly understand it myself. I was born in a ruined, blighted town, and soon abandoned. Irregardless, I fought to survive in a place unsuited for life. It was several years before I escaped. I journeyed to a faraway city, and eventually embarked to stop an ancient god from escaping his prison. I delved deep into a trench and battled a grief-maddened king-though the diety still managed to escape, and it had it's personal sights on me. I was seconds from death; but then I realized what I truly was, what I had been from my birth. In an instant, I became an archetype of the universe. I was energy and matter itself. In under a minute, I had subdued the god and annihlated him for all time. Unfortuately, I then was then again within my mortal state; not entirely unchanged, however.

I was content to live out a normal life, and simply exist within a peaceful world. But, that was not to be. Instead, I am to become part of a truly brutal twist of irony.

Traits: I am a very Courageous person, and very Creative. I find that I dislike pointless war, and are therefore Diplomatic. I find myself to be very Calm, although when I am pushed over the limit, I can enter a state of Cold-Blooded Rage.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, there it is! This is based on a character I had, in a story I wrote a long time ago. I can offer up the writing if anyone's curious, although it's far from high-quality.

As far as simplification goes, Taom is a latent diety. He is, techincally, an embodiment of a large part of the universe's being, but he is unable to tap into this power. As such, he has a versatile power in the form of pure energy (suck it, physics!) but is limited by being inferior in power until the highest of Badass levels, in which he would have an advantage. At least, that's how I would imagine it. Think of it like being an archmage. I am naturally inferior to the planeswalking former dragon, but when the stakes rise up to the ceiling, I emerge from my cocoon of failure and start a glorious butterfly dance of destruction. This, again, would only be for the very highest of power caps.

Want me to change things? I can, and will do so gladly if asked.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2012, 01:55:45 am »

Name: Jorn Darkmane.
Sex: Male.
Description: Dark haired with a haggard appearance and a black robe with a knife and a small pouch on his belt.
Origin: I was snatched away by a dark sorcerer when I was a kid. I grew up among demons ghouls and creatures of the night. I had to learn the dark arts quickly to survive. 
Traits: Cautious and slow to trust, macabre and cynical. Survivalist.

Necromancer/Warlock type character here. Ain't no fancy holy water or crosses here. Just dark binding spells.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2012, 03:53:41 pm »

Huzzah, we now have more than enough participants to get things started (soon).

@Inithis
All seems well. And no need to change anything, it's entirely possible to have the character you're going for by simply lowering the increase of his role threshold at the early levels of Badassery, in exchange for giving him much more drastic increases at the highest levels.
Like I told CoA, if there's any other important extra info about your character in his backstory, feel free to send it to me. Not like I would mind reading through any story involving ancient imprisoned gods and mad trench-dwelling kings.

@Vgray
All checks out. Welcome aboard.

Whoever doesn't get included in the starting group of five can expect to be added fairly early into things. Having any additional Chosen Ones just adds a considerable amount of info to put together/keep track of, so I'd prefer to get the game up and running steadily before bringing more in.
Anyway, since I'm still waiting to hear back from Kestrel, here's a more detailed look at the Badassery scale that we'll be using for the foreseeable future:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2012, 04:03:00 pm »

Sounds good. Do we have an estimated time of when the game begins?
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2012, 05:10:40 pm »

Name: Sir Havel the Unyielding
Sex: Not Applicable

Description: The greatest knight who ever lived, he crushed man and beast alike; at least while he was alive and still a man. Now he is cursed to walk the Great Plane until the end of time, shedding tears for those he has wronged. When he outlives a particular world he drifts through the void until he meets another celestial body and takes it up as his home until the next cataclysm. Made entirely of stone and standing 10 feet tall, he does not speak often, sometimes relying on his Colossus Lunar Zweihander to resolve a confrontation. He spends eternities waiting for the next world, and when he finds one, he takes it upon himself to become the guardian of that land, having felled countless foes of countless origins in order to defend his home. Noble and gentle, he treasures life above all things and weeps at its loss, even in the heat of battle, and would undertake any noble task in order to preserve it. Falling in battle is the greatest of honours for him, and the five thousand years he must wait to be resurrected once more are spent in joyous contemplation of miracles of the Plane.

Origin: During his mortal life he lived angrily, unleashing his fury upon innocents and slaughtering the cowed masses with great sweeps of his massive zweihander. The sun god Solus was angered by this, and turned him to stone as punishment for murdering his people. Solus' sister Lunus later took pity on him as he wept for the souls he harmed day and night for a hundred years. She granted him the ability to atone for his actions by granting him life once more and blessing his now holy zweihander with divine powers. Havel is now Lunus' eternal follower and instrument of peace, sometimes calling upon her powers to save those that are weaker than he. Solus, however, was infuriated by the goddess' actions and stills seeks him to this day, his fiery gaze sweeping from world to world demanding punishment. Lunus shrouds half of the Great Plane in darkness, concealing Havel from Solus' wrathful vengeance.

Traits: Incredibly soft-hearted and compassionate, he is burdened by great pain and regret for his actions during his life as a mortal. His oceanic wisdom gives him overwhelming prowess in battle and he would do anything to save a mortal creature from death.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 05:14:20 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2012, 05:28:31 pm »

Basically he's a giant stone man with a massive blessed sword. He's carved in the likeness of a tower knight. Like this:

He can call upon miracles of the Moon and even the Sun if Solus ever forgives him for trying to destroy his favourite creation: Mankind. Now he's returned to the world and seeks atonement after spending eternity under Lunus' service. Solus doesn't know he is on the man world, as Lunus conceals him during the daytime. Havel is much more powerful at night when Lunus' powers are at their greatest. When it comes to miracles, Sun miracles govern light, living creatures, and fire, whereas Moon miracles affect the earth, darkness, and water. If he looks skyward, get out of the way. Hope you like the image I'm trying to create here.

EDIT: Yeah this is probably the greatest character I've ever made. I'm preserving him within the deep, dark confines of TextEdit so that I may use him again later. He's pretty damned neat.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 02:24:13 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2012, 06:57:24 pm »

I certainly like it!  :)

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2012, 07:31:09 pm »

I was probably thinking about changing Nice (why wouldn't I be?) to Resourceful

But considering that this is a long run, it'd have to be something with a large ammo capacity...

Just a Raptor (that Cerberus sniper that rapid fires) would do. It's got only 7000 rounds before requiring reload.

And as for armour, I suppose Kevlar would work fine.

@Kestrel
*approving clap*

I like it. And his uniquely modern vibe adds to the diversity of the Chosen Ones.

Our almighty King DZA likes my character. My life is complete.

And do we all have messengers sent to us? Or is it *zap* there?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 08:05:43 pm by Kestrel_6 »
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2012, 08:52:30 pm »

DZA, I have changed one of the predominant traits with my character, and it will need some explanation.  Before the Phyrexian War, a deep corruption from Phyrexis came over him.  His deeds during that time were horrific, leading him to become hated within a dozen or so planes.  He looks back upon that with a deep sense of regret, and he believes that nothing can atone for what he did during that time, despite what others say.

I have been thinking about this for awhile, trying to create the past that was not mentioned.  It is saddening what happened within his past.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2012, 11:31:35 pm »

DZA, I have changed one of the predominant traits with my character, and it will need some explanation.  Before the Phyrexian War, a deep corruption from Phyrexis came over him.  His deeds during that time were horrific, leading him to become hated within a dozen or so planes.  He looks back upon that with a deep sense of regret, and he believes that nothing can atone for what he did during that time, despite what others say.

I have been thinking about this for awhile, trying to create the past that was not mentioned.  It is saddening what happened within his past.

SO this guy is like Arronax in that respect?

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2012, 01:25:49 am »

Sounds good. Do we have an estimated time of when the game begins?

Absolute best case scenario is I get all the necessary information written up by some time tomorrow, and the adventure finally gets set in motion either on that same day, or the day after.

I was probably thinking about changing Nice (why wouldn't I be?) to Resourceful

Just so long as you do it before the game starts.

But considering that this is a long run, it'd have to be something with a large ammo capacity...

Just a Raptor (that Cerberus sniper that rapid fires) would do. It's got only 7000 rounds before requiring reload.

7k rounds in between reloading? Goddamn. Either your Raptor is heavily modified, or the ME wiki is a lying bastard for telling me it only had a clip size of 15 rounds.

And do we all have messengers sent to us? Or is it *zap* there?

There'll be an introduction to explain to your characters what the hell is going on, and to further elaborate on the nature of the trial they will be undertaking.

@GUNINANRUNIN

Wow, very well done indeed.

EDIT: Yeah this is probably the greatest character I've ever made. I'm saving him. He's pretty neat.

Do you mean saving him so that you can use him again for some future occasion, or saving him so that he can be used for an occasion other than this one? I hope it's the former, as I was looking forward to having Sir Havel join us.

@Zanzetkuken

Thanks for the heads up.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 02:00:54 am by King DZA »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2012, 01:50:56 am »

Name: TorZon The EverShifting
Sex: Any. All. None.
Age: Enough for universes to fall and rise; subjectively it's just out of childhood.
Description: A shapeless mass of an indistinct substance, half of creation and half that which is anathema to being. Possesses the ability to shift its form and absorb other mass, converting it to the strange substance it's made out of.
Origin: Formed at the split second after creation, as a way to provide a separation between the opposing forces of being and not. It has endured creation falling and rebuilt again. Now that it has grown a conciousness, it seeks to make it's mark on eternity.
Traits: It is very curious, but since it is so young, it is also naive. It learns quickly and has no sense of morals. Anything goes. Despite it's naivety, it is young, ambitious, and confident.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 06:24:32 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2012, 02:22:20 am »

The former. As a matter of fact, this is the only context in which he can exist.
As for providing the framework that influenced, and upon which I constructed my masterpiece, I thank you for that.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2012, 03:39:52 am »

7k rounds in between reloading? Goddamn. Either your Raptor is heavily modified, or the ME wiki is a lying bastard for telling me it only had a clip size of 15 rounds.

to answer this...

Quote from:  Mass Effect Wiki
projectile shavers that can generate thousands of rounds of ammunition from a small, internal block of metal.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 61