Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

We now return to your (ir)regularly scheduled badassery.

Magnificent! I shall break out the champagne at once!
- 7 (77.8%)
'Bout fuckin' time, you sporadic bastard...
- 1 (11.1%)
Aww, no more tranzizzled text? :(
- 1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61]

Author Topic: Slaves to DZA: God of Everything: Chapter I: The Chosen Ones: Day 2  (Read 89074 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Slaves to DZA: God of Everything: Chapter I: The Chosen Ones: Day 2
« Reply #900 on: June 18, 2014, 12:11:44 am »

Havel fidgets visibly, annoyed at the presumptuous mortal. You are a short-sighted one, only gods can punish me. He looks at himself. I died once, eons ago. Now I am cursed to take on the sins of this dimension. He turns back to the elder. When all of reality ends, I will still be there. Cursed to live for eternity. There is no word in any living language now or since for the amount of suffering I have endured. Havel drops to one knee. Pray with me, for those that were lost today. He takes the elder's hand in both of his and holds it for a moment.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: July 11, 2014, 04:47:55 pm »

Jorn Darkmane

The spectral figure listens to Jorn's story with great attentiveness, as well as what seems like great amusement...

Once the Chosen One is done recounting his paranormal troubles to the figure, it gazes off for a moment, placidly reflecting on the events described by its guest, before snapping back to attention.
"...Tricky stuff, that ritual magic." The spectral figure utters knowingly. "Good news is, you were indeed totally, 100% successful in expelling the ghost from the home. The bad news, and reason behind your banishment circle's current unusual behavior is, you may have inadvertently agitated some of the lower planes' more powerful denizens in the process...

As you well know, the Underworld is a truly vast place, divided and ruled over by the ruthless and complex hierarchy of infernal generals, lords, princes, and so forth collectively known as ArchDemons. Now, what you may or may not know is that, when a practitioner of black magic such as yourself creates a ritual circle with which to banish an entity to the Underworld, what they are essentially doing is forming an agreement between themselves and the members of this demonic hierarchy; a promise to offer unto them a specific being to do with as they please, so long as they in turn ensure that the being offered never again returns to the plane from which it was banished. Pretty simple deal.
In your case, however, the improvised, mismatched, and—no offense—all-around substandard execution of this particular ritual made it less than perfectly clear to the demons what exactly it was you were offering, creating a situation of easy misunderstanding...and even easier exploitation.
As far as they're concerned, the agreement may not have been for a human soul at all; it could have been for demon, an animal, or any other type of entity one could possibly think of. And right now, they are using this ambiguity as an excuse to ask from you whatever kind of being their damnable hearts desire. The most unscrupulous part of this little kerfuffle, though, is that most of what they are asking for isn't anywhere near as valuable as what you've already delivered to them!
Even if you really hadn't upheld your end of the agreement, It is common knowledge to practically everyone who's ever so much as dabbled in the dark arts that human souls are a highly sought-after commodity in the lower planes. For them to try and coax more offerings out of you by acting as if you owe them something else is like expecting to be paid in silver and complaining when you receive gold instead."
The spectral figure scoffs. "Then again, I suppose it would be foolish to expect any better from beings who make their homes within the darkest realms of unending hatred and despair...

Anyhow, I'm sure I don't need to tell you that there's little hope of you being able to come up with an offering that will satisfy the wishes of each and every ArchDemon. Or that even if you did, there's a more than likely chance that they'd simply continue to act as if it weren't the right offering in order to get as much out of you as they possibly can. So, with that in mind, let's go over your options...

the most obvious thing to do would be to wait it out, and hope the ArchDemons eventually just give up & accept what they've been given. Unfortunately, demons can be very persistent creatures, so there's no telling how long that could take...and no guarantee their efforts won't become more aggressive the longer their demands are ignored.
Alternatively, if you wanted to be less passive about things, you could always go ahead and close their window of communication by breaking the ritual circle. Be warned though, with your banishment circle being as unstable as it is right now, such an action has just as much potential to make the whole situation catastrophically worse as it does to fix it without any further incident.

Finally, if you feel your negotiation skills are up to par, there is the option of privately contacting a single member of the hierarchy, in order to settle the terms of the agreement with them personally. That way, you would only have to worry about appeasing a single ArchDemon, as opposed to the whole horde of greedy helldwellers that now vex you and the family. If you'd like, I could even give you the true names of a couple of 'em, which should make getting in touch far less of a chore than they normally require it to be."

Sir Havel the Unyielding

The elder cannot help but briefly stare puzzled at the knight of stone; he appears almost as taken aback by the Chosen One's strange and sorrowful asseverations as he is by the unexpected show of remorse for the dead. Yet even so, the old bandit makes no attempt to resist Sir Havel, and in a fleeting moment of solemn fellowship, the two are able to share a small prayer for the encampment's lost & vanquished souls.
Pitifully, not a few seconds later, the elderly brigand suddenly succumbs to another bout of violent coughing and, no longer possessing the strength to stand on his own, falls helplessly to his knees. The two younger bandits rush to the elder's side to try and assist him back onto his feet, but he sternly refuses their aid, having already accepted the grim inevitability of his impending demise.

"If it is your wish to kill me for my sins, you are free to do so. But please, spare my sons..." the elder quietly utters, glancing to each of the young outlaws. "They will have already lost enough today...if nothing else, they should at least be allowed to keep their lives..."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #902 on: July 20, 2014, 05:19:42 pm »

I could not hurt them if I wanted to. Ask Lunus (or whatever her name is) silently if she can heal this man completely and return his vitality. If so, address the man. I have told my God that I have seen something within you. She will restore your body if you but vow to serve her in time of need. Know this: if you make this vow, you will come with me now, for this world is in the gravest of danger. Unless your sons make similar vows, you may not ever see them again. If you are prepared to make this commitment then she will cleanse you now. Stand upright. Make your choice.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: July 21, 2014, 09:51:18 pm »

"God DAMN guys, how big is this base?" Lee asked out loud in slight frustration to no-one in particular.

ask for an ETA to arriving at 17-M
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: July 22, 2014, 02:48:27 am »

Jorn clearly is offended, but says nothing.

"That would be a great help. I can only hope one of them is in a good mood."
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61]