Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

We now return to your (ir)regularly scheduled badassery.

Magnificent! I shall break out the champagne at once!
- 7 (77.8%)
'Bout fuckin' time, you sporadic bastard...
- 1 (11.1%)
Aww, no more tranzizzled text? :(
- 1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 61

Author Topic: Slaves to DZA: God of Everything: Chapter I: The Chosen Ones: Day 2  (Read 89306 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Slaves to DZA: God of Everything: Chapter I: The Chosen Ones: Intro
« Reply #180 on: September 10, 2012, 07:36:48 pm »

Grrr.. You should've been a Jade Falcon Clansman.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
Re: Slaves to DZA: God of Everything: Chapter I: The Chosen Ones: Intro
« Reply #181 on: September 12, 2012, 07:29:53 am »

Sorry, i was out of town for a day or two, but i'm back!

AN DZA, for unification , do they all have to be Humans, or can they be Shadowmen, like me (with the eye-stabby ritual (and we really need an OOC))?
While your forces can be composed of any entities you're able to muster, only human beings count toward achieving the unification goal. As transforming humanity into into something else would still technically be eliminating the human race from the Earth.

The OOC thread seemed like it would be of use after this thread was flooded with several pages of rampant plotting and alliance forging. It isn't necessary to post every little comment in it, but will help keep things a bit more tidy when participants wish to ramble on about unrelated subjects or converse about various happenings in the story outside of the story itself.

With that out out of the way, glad you could make it back in time. Let's rock.

the spectral figure smiles as the final selected Chosen One consumes the contents of the vial before him.
"Glad to see everyone is on board. I will be contacting the five of you in a few days' time. Until then, I'd recommend focusing on getting yourselves settled. And, you know, not dying.
I wish you all the very best of luck, and hope to see each of you give it your all and put on a good performance. Now go forth, and claim the power that you so rightfully deserve."

The spectral figure snaps its fingers, and for those five (arguably) lucky individuals, everything suddenly goes black...

Zanzetkuken the Great
The planeswalker awoke leaning a against a dumpster in the small alleyway of an unknown city. The alley was dark, illuminated only every so often by the headlights of the occasional passing car. While perhaps not the most glorious place to begin his adventure, it at least kept him somewhat out of sight.

Spoiler: Gear (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skills & Abilities (click to show/hide)

Hisir Namedene

The warm morning sunlight washed over the large, grassy field that Hisir awoke in. Other than an old stone tower to the north, and a modest isolated home to the south, his immediate surroundings contained little of note. Nevertheless, it was a peaceful start to his world changing journey.

The Moderator

The Moderator carefully sat up as he emerged from his involuntary slumber. He had awoken on the side of a heavily forested mountain trail. Not that he could tell, considering how difficult the pitch black night made it to see.

Taom

Upon regaining consciousness, Taom found himself in the middle of a sizable copse. Rays of light shined down beautifully through the leaves of the trees. The Chosen One treasured the peaceful moment, knowing full well that the tranquility would not last.

Sir Havel the Unyielding

Somewhere within an expansive cavern, the complete darkness persisted for the knight of stone even after he had once again become fully conscious. Cautious, the Chosen One slowly stood up. Sure keep his Colossus Lunar Zweihander firmly in hand.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 06:37:06 pm by King DZA »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Slaves to DZA: God of Everything: Chapter I: The Chosen Ones: Day 1
« Reply #182 on: September 12, 2012, 07:56:40 am »

Pray silently to Lunus and beg her to illuminate the way, then look around the cavern, regarding the details carefully. Grip your blade with both hands and get a feeling for its weight once more; its been several ages since you've sensed the unholy in this land.
They will not escape Her wrath a second time.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 10:29:45 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 12, 2012, 09:21:04 am »

When everything went black, the only thing Hisir felt was joy.
He met his friend, Pure Darkness, once more after a long time.
But that joy didn't last long. Because after the pitch black darkness a lovely, grassy plain appeared.
"Aarghh, damn the sun, let's get somewhere shady!"

Hisir quickly went to the Old tower to the north to climb it and look at the surroundings.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 12, 2012, 10:36:16 am »

Zanzetkuken looked upwards to the sky.  So much like Earth.  Almost exactly how I remember it being before I was taken by him.  Almost.  But not quite  He hid his armor below his robes and walked out of the alley.  Zanzetkuken observed what he could, deducing the area of the city he was in.  He did not have any idea where he was, but he knew places to find out.  He began searching for a place that could inform him of where he was located, and find out some of the events that were going on in these times.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 10:38:02 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 12, 2012, 04:59:48 pm »

Taom stretched slowly, then arose from the soft dirt. It was a strange game he was being forced to play, but it was all for the greater good; this couldn't possibly be real. This planet was definitely not his, and therefore this was all an illusion by that strange being. Comforted, he sends a large flare into the air, and then hides behind a bush.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 12, 2012, 09:46:09 pm »

"Earth. Probably either America or Europe."

Assess condition of all my items. before first light, stand-to until dawn. Then set out for a nearby town.
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 13, 2012, 05:31:06 pm »

Sir Havel the Unyielding

Lunus is happy to answer Sir Havel's prayer for assistance. Within seconds the blade of his Zweihander begins to glow with a brilliant white light that permeates the caverns. After silently thanking the Moon goddess, the knight of stone observes his environment. The subterranean area seems fairly open. Stalactites cover much of the cavern ceiling, and although the natural formations of rock are truly a wondrous sight to behold, non of it seems particularly out of the ordinary for a place such as this. What does seem to stick out, however, is the fact that there seems to be a designated path running through the area, presumably from the entrance into some deeper portion of the caverns. It is clear these caverns have been visited before, and perhaps still are.

Turning his attention to his weapon, Sir Havel grabs hold of it with both his hands as he reacquaints himself the general weight and feel of the massive blade. He has no trouble carrying it, but its size alone means it would take even the great knight of stone several moments to recover from a good swing with it. The bright side to this is that any attempt to block an attack made with the Colossus Lunar Zweihander would almost certainly be a futile effort, as the blessed sword is easily capable of crashing through nearly any protection that a foe might have.

It is around this moment that Sir Havel notices the presence of a uniformed man standing on the designated path. Holding a flashlight and trembling with unspeakable fear, the man stumbles backwards and falls over when the Chosen One looks toward him.

Hisir Namedene

As Hisir approaches the tower, he soon notices that it is accompanied by a lovely graveyard, which takes up a good portion of the surrounding land. Interesting, but he didn't come here to pay any respects to the dead.

He makes his way over a fence surrounding the area without much trouble, but finds that the walls of the tower are too flat to be easily scaled. For an old, secluded stone tower, it's certainly been kept in good shape. Luckily, it isn't hard to locate an entrance to the interior of the tower, which should allow easier access to a decent viewing point. Unluckily, said entrance appears to be locked.

Zanzetkuken the Great
Pulling his cloak shut to cover his breastplate, Zanzetkuken leaves the alleyway. Glancing around at his surroundings, he seems to be standing between a car repair shop and some inner city houses. A parking lot for what looks like a bank can be seen across the street.

Curious to find out more about where and when on Earth he's been transported to, he sets out in search of further information. After locating a gas station/convenience store, he figures that the easiest route to obtaining the desired info would be to walk in and purchase a cheap map or newspaper. Which would be all well and good, if it wasn't closed. And he had any money.

Taom

Making use of his strange and powerful abilities, Taom attempts to fire a spectacular flare of energy into the sky. Unfortunately, it ends up as more of a fizzle. And after crouching down behind a bush in wait for several minutes, it becomes clear the the energy 'flare' didn't accomplish much beyond scaring a few birds away.

The Moderator

Going mostly by sense of touch, The Moderator takes some time to inspect his equipment. Thankfully, nothing seems broken. His heavy pistol is snug in its holster, and his (currently disassembled) rifle is stored neatly away in his backpack along with the rest of his stuff.
Standing up and pulling the straps of his backpack back over his shoulders, the Chosen One patiently begins waiting for the light of day. It's a little chilly out in the open, but that shouldn't prove to be anything more than a minor discomfort for one such as himself.

Estimated time passed: 10 minutes.

23:50 remain.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #188 on: September 13, 2012, 05:54:02 pm »

Lower your blade slowly. Approach the man quizzically as a feint to avoid panicking him further and stand over him. See what he does. If he runs, continue down the path in the direction he heads, for it is likely the exit. If his resolve lasts and he holds his ground, outstretch your free hand in greeting and help him to his feet.
You are quite brave to face me without arms young one. What blessed land have I found myself in this day?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 09:12:45 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 13, 2012, 09:05:14 pm »

Wait until sunrise
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 14, 2012, 12:39:17 am »

Sir Havel the Unyielding

Sir Havel approaches the man in a curious and non-threatening manner (as non-threatening as a giant stone knight with a huge glowing sword can be). The man remains still, though this is more due to paralyzing fear rather than immense courage.
Towering over the man, Sir Havel reaches down and offers his hand in order to help him off the ground. For a while, the man does nothing but breathe heavily and stare at the Chosen One. Eventually, the man warily grabs onto Sir Havel's hand, and is taken aback by how easily he is pulled to his feet. After commenting on the man's bravery, Sir Havel kindly asks to know where he happens to be.

"Th...this is the Carlsbad National Park...we're in the Carlsbad Caverns. Visitors aren't allowed down here at these hours..." The man is clearly trying to hide his fear and remain calm. "I-I'm sorry, but I'll have to ask you to leave..."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #191 on: September 14, 2012, 07:58:59 am »

((Holy fuck I knew it! I knew thats where you put me the second you started describing the place! My brother got sick when he ate the rock candy that they sell in the gift shop. :) I've lived in Scottsdale my whole live. Guess we're playing at Home today!! :D))

Very well mortal. I take my leave.
Look the mortal over and peer into his soul. Is he young? Does he have potential? Does he possess the will to do good? Ask the mortal if he loves his world and his fellow men, and tell him that without his help, that they may all be lost forever; this is an attempt to recruit him. He need only be strong of mind, heart, and will, the rest will come with time. Regardless of his answer and whether or not he decides to accompany you, heft your zweihander and rest it upon your shoulder, then head out the visitor's exit and into the parking lot. Ask Lunus for guidance to the nearest human settlement.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 05:03:21 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 14, 2012, 10:37:07 am »

"Damn,it's locked!
I won't be stopped by a stupid locked door!!"

Hisir tries to break down the door and scale the tower

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 14, 2012, 12:18:00 pm »

Zanzetkuken mused over his lack of what basically made this world go round.  He could probably sell one of his artifact spells to a university.  Perhaps the tablet of Epityr.  That should sell.  He wanders around till morning, searching for a university that he could sell the artifact to.  When he finds one, invoke the artifact spell Tablet of Epityr.  Go inside and sell it to the archaeology department.  $10000, cash only.

Spoiler: Tablet of Epityr (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 15, 2012, 07:45:13 pm »

Was waiting for Inithis, but whatever. I guess missing a little time won't hurt him.

Sir Havel the Unyielding

The man seems greatly relieved when the knight of stone agrees to leave without any trouble. Though that relief begins to fade slightly when, instead of actually leaving, the Chosen One simply stands there staring at him.

The man's age appears to be somewhere between mid-30's to early 40's. He's not horribly out of shape, but you wouldn't exactly call him an athlete, either. He doesn't seem to be harboring any malicious intentions. In fact, if he wasn't so laden with fear, he would probably be a pretty nice person to hang out with.
Sir Havel calmly asks the man about whether he cares for his race and the world it inhabits. "I...I guess so..."
Sir Havel then goes on to tell the man that, without his assistance, it is all at risk of falling into oblivion. The man seems less afraid now, yet more confused. "...What do I have to do?"

Rather than answer him, the Chosen One lifts his blade onto his shoulder, and begins making his way to the exit. "Wait, where are you going??"
The man follows Sir Havel out to the parking lot, where Sir Havel asks for the help of Lunus once more. Suddenly, a bright light, much brighter than any of the surrounding stars, appears in the night sky. Making clear the direction that must be traveled in order for the Chosen One to reach his desired destination.

Hisir Namedene

Not prepared to let his plans be ruined by such a simple obstacle, Hisir attempts to kick the door in. Embarrassingly, he only ends up stumbling backwards after underestimating its strength. Angered, he takes a couple more steps back, before charging at the door with unrelenting force. The door flies open as a result of the collision, and Hisir is able to continue on his way into the tower. He is somewhat surprised by just how elegant and maintained the interior looks, and by the fact that he isn't able to find anyone living in it.
The Chosen One makes his way up a spiral staircase, the sound his metal footsteps echoing throughout the tower. Just as he expects, he finds a wonderful place to view the surrounding landscape at the top.

Taking a good look at the area, Hisir (somehow) sees some more fields to the north and west, and some parking lots and nondescript buildings a bit to the east. What really catches his attention, though, is the vast expanse of city in the distance, stretching all along the south.

Estimated time passed: 15 minutes.

23:35 remain.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 61