Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

We now return to your (ir)regularly scheduled badassery.

Magnificent! I shall break out the champagne at once!
- 7 (77.8%)
'Bout fuckin' time, you sporadic bastard...
- 1 (11.1%)
Aww, no more tranzizzled text? :(
- 1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 61

Author Topic: Slaves to DZA: God of Everything: Chapter I: The Chosen Ones: Day 2  (Read 87944 times)

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
Re: Slaves to DZA: God of Everything: Chapter I: The Chosen Ones: Day 1
« Reply #270 on: October 02, 2012, 03:06:43 am »

"Calm down, doggy.
It's alright."

Try to do th eye-stabby ritual on the dog.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 02, 2012, 03:59:07 am »

Hisir Namedene

It goes surprisingly well, at first. Hisir manages to coax the dog over to him and gently calm it down. He then swiftly pulls out one of his daggers, and stabs the dog in the right eye. However, things get a little more difficult after that point when the dog, to put it elegantly, flips the fuck out.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 02, 2012, 04:10:45 am »

Go on

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 02, 2012, 04:48:41 am »

Hisir Namedene

It was tough, but Hisir is finally successful in stabbing the dog in both its eyes. Due to the struggle it put up, the dog suffered several accidental cuts, mostly in the face area, as well as a broken front right leg and a couple of cracked ribs. On the bright side, the Chosen One's plate armor protected him completely from the claws and teeth of the thrashing hound.

Estimated time passed: 5 minutes.

8:35 remain.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 04:51:24 am by King DZA »

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 02, 2012, 05:03:06 am »

Try to channel energy into the dog.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 08:32:59 am by Child of Armok »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #275 on: October 02, 2012, 07:39:28 am »

((Eh. *shrug* It was worth a shot. There were two ways I could've interpreted the kid's story. :P I'm hoping something awesome will happen soon so that I can stop it.))
Bid the officers farewell. Look for trouble.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 02, 2012, 06:09:14 pm »

((Eh. *shrug* It was worth a shot. There were two ways I could've interpreted the kid's story. :P I'm hoping something awesome will happen soon so that I can stop it.))
Keep in mind that this is still only the first day. I have some big things planned, but those won't kick in til after the next few turns. If you all really wanted, we could time-skip ahead a bit, but that would first require each of you to post at least some basic actions for your characters to follow for the next few days.
Other than that, if you want any SUPER EPIC EVENTS to come about, you're probably gonna have to take the initiative. I didn't give you all unspeakable power and complete freedom so that you could twiddle your thumbs until something interesting happens, after all. ;)

Hisir Namedene

Though blinded, bleeding, and crippled the dog continues to struggle with Hisir. It takes some time before it finally becomes submissive enough for the Chosen One to continue with the ritual.

Releasing a portion of his own energy into the stray dog, it is successfully converted into a ShadowHound. However, Hisir now feels unnaturally exhausted. It could be because it was his first time attempting the ritual since he's been on the planet, or because the dog's spirit was not completely broken before being converted. Either way, it would be best not to go picking any fights or running any marathons for the time being.

Sir Havel the Unyielding

Complying to the officer's wishes, Sir Havel says his goodbyes to the uniformed men, and continues on with his ever-vigilant search for trouble and injustice within the city of Carlsbad.

Estimated time passed: 30 minutes.

8:05 remain.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #277 on: October 02, 2012, 06:59:18 pm »

Keep in mind that this is still only the first day. I have some big things planned, but those won't kick in til after the next few turns. If you all really wanted, we could time-skip ahead a bit, but that would first require each of you to post at least some basic actions for your characters to follow for the next few days.
Other than that, if you want any SUPER EPIC EVENTS to come about, you're probably gonna have to take the initiative. I didn't give you all unspeakable power and complete freedom so that you could twiddle your thumbs until something interesting happens, after all. ;)
((Well, I am actively seeking evil.. Perhaps I could…))
Ask Lunus to help you find the greatest source of evil in the town. In the county. Focus your energies on sensing the supernatural and unholy.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 03, 2012, 07:03:46 am »

Go rest at the "camp"

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 03, 2012, 02:27:41 pm »

>Finish exploring the hold (would've been doing this)
>Summon a dozen dwarves of useful professions(no craft professions)
>Use artifact-equipment spells to give the dwarves things to use. (Picks, swords, armor, etc.)
>Summon 4 squadron hawks to patrol the skies.
>Meditate upon what has happened in the highest point of the hold, where there is a platform which juts out with a stone door near the peak.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 04, 2012, 02:12:21 pm »

Sir Havel the Unyielding

((Thinking outside the box. Much better. :) ))

Sir Havel has spent his time deep in thought while walking through the city streets the past couple of hours, allowing his intuition to guide him as he keeps his mind open to the assistance and insight of Lunus.

He has had vague images buzzing around in his head since he asked for the help of the Moon goddess earlier in the day. Though only recently, after the setting of the Sun, have they become clear enough to interpret.
The images reveal that the greatest evil residing within the local areas is not any one individual, but a whole organization. They focus on recruiting the lost and rebellious members of the city's youth, and are responsible for a recent significant spike in crime within Carlsbad, but they are by no means an ordinary street gang. The leaders behind this organization, they have access to forces unexplained, and are apparently using Carlsbad as a staging point for...

...The Chosen One comes to an abrupt stop. His chain of thought is broken when he notices that the street he's on is the same one that the young man told him about.

Hisir Namedene

Hisir wakes up from a small nap in his cozy forest haven feeling fully recuperated from his fatigue. Hopefully things will go a little more smoothly the next time he attempts the ritual...

Because it wasn't given any orders to do otherwise, the ShadowHound stayed behind. Or maybe it just doesn't like him...in any case, unless provoked, it shouldn't have wandered off too far from its original spot.

Zanzetkuken the Great

A cool evening breeze blows by as Zanzetkuken contemplates the outcome of his most recent efforts. The stone platform he sits upon extends out from just below the apex of the mountain that the hold is built into, and provides an exceptional view of the landscape as well as an excellent place to relax and reflect.

Turns out that the modest stone structure was merely the entrance to the hold (which actually makes it rather immodest, as far as entrances go), and sits at the base of one of the tallest mountains in the range. The hold itself lies a couple dozen feet below the base of the mountain, reached via a stone staircase at the end of the entrance hall. It consists mainly of a giant central room, with two smaller rooms (about 1/3 the size) on its west and east side, connected to it by hallways. In the center of the central room, a wide spiral staircase leads all the way up to the stone platform.
Despite its name, the Dwarven Hold doesn't appear to really hold much of anything; the silver lining to this being that it definitely makes the place feel more spacious. If for some reason the Chosen One did ever feel the need to expand however, there's plenty of room to do so. Probably wouldn't be too difficult to do either, now that he has some dwarves to help him out.

Speaking of the dwarves, the Chosen One was successfully able to summon a dozen of the little guys with remarkable ease (due in great part to the mountainous environment, no doubt). Specifically:

• 5 grunts. Should serve as decent general purpose dwarves.
  • 3 soldiers. Specialized for combat purposes.
  • 2 miners. Doesn't take much thought to figure out what they're good at.
  • 1 berserker. Bloodthirsty rampaging could totally be considered a useful profession under the right circumstances.
  • 1 lieutenant. Will help keep all the other little buggers in check, and make sure that the great Zanzetkuken doesn't have to put 'competing for godhood' on hold to deal with boring managerial duties.
The hawks, on the other hand, were a little more tricky. Though the Chosen One was successful in summoning them as well, it took a fair bit longer than he had anticipated. He hasn't got around to equipping the dwarves quite yet, but he can expect it to take up the remainder of the day if he intends to adequately supply all twelve of them. This would be a good time to think of any specifications for the equipment that he might want, before he gets to work transporting all of it to Earth.

Estimated time passed: 3 hours.

5:05 remain.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 02:38:37 pm by King DZA »

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 04, 2012, 02:15:26 pm »

"Pwiiiiiiiiiiiit,
Come here Shade!"

Call the dog and name him Shade.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #282 on: October 04, 2012, 07:28:12 pm »

Lunus give me strength.
Check the position of the sun. Move to the side of the road and walk along it while keeping an eye out for the house address you were given. If you notice the boy who ran hanging around, take cover before he can spot you. Descend into partial meditation while walking and attempt to sense the young man's aura.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 07:41:08 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 05, 2012, 01:11:26 am »

Hisir Namedene

Hisir whistles for the ShadowHound (who he has decided shall carry the name Shade from this moment forth), but after several minutes of waiting for it to arrive, he begins to worry. Just as he gets ready to try again, he spots Shade slowly approaching him with a slight limp, which is understandable. Broken bones don't normally just heal overnight, after all.

Sir Havel the Unyielding

The Sun descended below the horizon not long ago. It would be pretty dark out right now, if it wasn't for the streetlights, light from passing cars, and light from the surrounding houses.

Sir Havel steps onto the sidewalk and continues down the street until he comes across a house matching the address that the young man told him. However, not only did he not detect any familiar auras around, he also fails to see any signs that there is anyone inhabiting the house at all. The blinds are shut and all the lights appear to be off, there are no cars or other vehicles parked by it either...maybe the police already stopped by and sorted everything out? But if that were the case, why would the Chosen One be drawn to here? And why does simply looking at the dwelling fill him with such a deep sense of dread...

Estimated time passed: 10 minutes.

4:55 remain.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 01:14:43 am by King DZA »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #284 on: October 05, 2012, 01:48:38 am »

Ask Lunus to dim the streetlights and then proceed to make your way around to the rear of the house.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 05:50:17 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 61