Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Roll to explore: On hold, sorry guys.  (Read 7609 times)

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
Roll to explore: On hold, sorry guys.
« on: August 07, 2012, 08:04:35 pm »

Roll to explore:
You're relaxing at the tavern, and someone bursts into the room. Rather than signal the start of a bar brawl, the newcomer reveals an exciting piece of news. Just a few miles down the road, an enormous dungeon has appeared out of nowhere! A couple of his friends went in and disappeared, but this guy made it out with a handful of gold.

Well, that just about settled it! Every adventurer within a few miles was sure to go after the treasure within, you needed to get there first. And so a ragtag band of explorers set out for the dungeon, poorly equipped, but determined to get in, grab as much gold as possible and get out.

Spoiler: How this will work (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gold and leveling up (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wounds, PvP, and dying (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The map (click to show/hide)

Players:
Spoiler: Nirur Toir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Baradine (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Errol (click to show/hide)

Waitlist:
Spoiler: Fniff (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hall of fame (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 09:23:35 am by Nicholas1024 »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to explore: Signups open!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 08:30:15 pm »

I'll be a completely and totally trustworthy thief. Everyone trusts thieves.

Name: Rodney the Completely Reliable
Equipment: Dull iron Knife, 2x iron rod omni-tools, padded cloth armor, faded and torn dark grey cloak with bleach stains.
Skills: Stealth I, Trapworking I (Plus Lockpicking I if we can take more than two skills.)
Bio: Rodney disavows having grown up as an orphaned gang member. He absolutely did not enjoy extorting protection money from shopkeepers, and certainly did not run away from the nearest coastal trading town after the guards executed most of the members of the Serrated Vipers and narrowly avoided capturing him. He is instead a perfectly normal farmhand who simply prefers the darkness and likes mechanical things.

Stats:
Strength: 3
Dexterity: 4
Magic: 0
Endurance: 3

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 08:42:52 pm »

A thief, eh? Gentle paladin time!

Name: Valius Gerdamaine
Equipment: Rusty Scale Cuirass, Iron Longsword
Skills/Spells: Lesser Heal, Dodging
Bio: Valius is an aspiring squire of the Knights of the Silver Chain, a noble and compassionate order of paladins. He's taken this chance to acquire riches for the truly needy, better himself as a knight, and possibly even save lives down in the depths.

Stats:
Strength: 3
Dexterity: 0
Magic: 4
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 08:46:54 pm »

Questions:

1. Can I be of a different race then human?
2. Can I have firearms, but I'll use an extremely antique musket so we don't have any problems with overpowering?

Reserved, too
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 09:08:14 pm by Fniff »

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 09:07:34 pm »

Reserving.  Sheet'll be done in a minute. Doneskies.

Name: Kalen Marst

Equipment: Iron Longsword, Leather Armor

Skills/Spells: Disarm, Lightning Bolt

Bio: Kalen was born to a blacksmith.  Early on he showed a talent for handling his fathers weapons, and after accidentally shocking and killing a bird, he gained an aptitude for lightning magic as well.  His skill with a sword and aptitude with magic has only grown over the years, and now that the dungeon has appeared, he goes in seeking glory for a life beyond his station. 

Stats:

Strength: 1
Dexterity: 3
Magic: 3
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 09:19:09 pm by Baradine »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 09:08:24 pm »

Gwah! Someone took a thief! Well...Time to go with the good old ones.

Name: Mirien Kirthell
Equipment: Worn Yew Bow, Leather Tunic and Belt, Cloth purse
Skills/Spells: Trap-lore I, Archery I
Bio (optional): Mirien was born in a hamlet of little notice, who only provided the usual peasant levies for their lord's request. The only export of the hamlet, were aspiring men and women who hoped to get a better foothold in life.

Gladly, Mira took the opportunity, having learned much from her parents, being a novice hunter and trapper herself. Possibly even to elevate her status among the commoners.

Stats:
Strength: 5
Dexterity: 5
Magic: 0
Endurance: 0

((Cheers to assuming ranged weapons have ammunition, the basic non-broadhead type.  :P))

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 09:17:31 pm »

1. Sure, as long as you clear the race with me first, nothing overpowered or ridiculously stupid. (No starting out as a dragon or Jar Jar Binks, for instance)

2. Well, since you could get the same effect with some creative magic, sure.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 09:32:52 pm »

Kobolds okay?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 09:44:25 pm by Fniff »

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2012, 09:43:26 pm »

That'll work, but FYI you've got an extra stat point you haven't spent just yet.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2012, 09:46:08 pm »

Done!

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to explore: Signups completed!
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2012, 10:35:04 pm »

((A quick note before I begin, I'm giving you all 100 gold to start out with. Why am I doing this? That will soon be apparent.))

Turn 0: The adventure begins!

Having all left the inn at roughly the same time, you arrive at the entrance to the mysterious new dungeon, noting with some mild surprise that someone's already set up a shop right at the entrance. Talk about product placement. You also notice that a small group of goblins harassing the shopkeeper.

"Now look here, you klxt-brzkin elf, this is OUR territory! You can't just set up this blzkin shop without paying for our protection!", one of them (seemingly the leader), spat out.

"Wait, I'm only trying to...", the elf stammered.

"Silence! You tree-loving mkzting idiots think you can just prance around, do you? Nobody even enters through here without paying the toll, and you think you can just set up shop? You're lucky I don't klxing gut you where you stand. Now get out, and leave the goods behind!"

The elf is backing up against the wall by the entrance, a hand going to his knife, with the goblins forming a circle around him. Well... you could just leave things be and sneak on past, they seem pretty distracted at the moment. On the other hand, they could be trouble later if you don't deal with them now... and perhaps you'd get a reward for helping this guy. Or you could just let the elf weaken them, take the remaining goblins by storm, and loot the store. Decisions, decisions.

Spoiler: Goblins (click to show/hide)

Players:
Spoiler: Nirur Toir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Baradine (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fniff (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPC's (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 11:03:12 pm by Nicholas1024 »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to explore: Game on!
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2012, 10:41:59 pm »

"Hey! Short-ears!"

Mira looked at the group - they all turned to face the insulter. Why did goblins have to be synonymous to elves?

"Leave the merchant alone, bandit."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2012, 10:43:10 pm »

Valius cleared his throat loudly, approaching the gaggle.

"What seems to be the problem here?" he asked, looking at the goblins and elf.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2012, 10:48:14 pm »

"Now, my friends, is that a way to talk to a fellow sentient as ourselves?." the click clack of a musket echoed off the old, crumbling walls of the castle guarding the dungeon. "You goblins have thirty seconds to move away from the shopkeeper or I'm going to get impolite."

Truth was, I was a wee bit terrified.

My name is Valkyrie Haredius II, but you can call me Valk. You're a nice enough soul, I think, so you're okay to hear my story.

I was holding a musket I made myself a few years ago out of scrap metal and good intentions at a bunch of goblins about the size, if not bigger, of me with some strangers I barely knew to find gold and fun. Yeah, wasn't exactly the greatest of plans, but hey! I saw some interesting things.

So, I waited a minute.

"Uh, heh.. Uh. You aren't moving."

Wasn't going to plan, to say the least.

I made a new one.

Whoever makes a move toward me, fire! Support my friends if not with gunfire.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2012, 10:53:07 pm »

Intimidate Gobs silently, drawing my sword.

((Also, I feel sad.  My name's not capitalized....   :'(

Also, slight nitpick.  Technically, my carrying capacity should be 120, not 100, according to your weight guide.  The other peoples weight is all one hundred when it should be different as well.))
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 10:57:22 pm by Baradine »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6