Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Roll to explore: On hold, sorry guys.  (Read 7692 times)

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to explore: Game on!
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2012, 11:00:41 pm »

Ah sorry, I worded that badly. What I meant was 100 + 20*strength bonus. I did mess up though, your carrying capacity should be 80, not 100. Anyway, if Nirur Toir posts, I can go ahead and roll the turn.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2012, 11:02:31 pm »

Ah, ok.  Makes more sense, seeing as how a person with 10 strength would be able to carry 300 pounds, no sweat.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2012, 11:03:07 pm »

((Rp turn.  :P))

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2012, 11:22:29 pm »

RP turn it is!

Turn 0.1: When warning shots go wrong.

"Hey! Short-ears!"

Mira looked at the group - they all turned to face the insulter. Why did goblins have to be synonymous to elves?

"Leave the merchant alone, bandit."

Valius cleared his throat loudly, approaching the gaggle.

"What seems to be the problem here?" he asked, looking at the goblins and elf.

Valius's negotiating and Mira's demand ring out, causing the goblins and elf to redirect their attentions to the group. However...

"Now, my friends, is that a way to talk to a fellow sentient as ourselves?." the click clack of a musket echoed off the old, crumbling walls of the castle guarding the dungeon. "You goblins have thirty seconds to move away from the shopkeeper or I'm going to get impolite."

[1] You try to fire a warning shot, but something in the mechanism jams. The resulting shockwave knocks you off your feet, as smoke pours out of the barrel.

The goblins start laughing.

"Come on, fire that kzting again, I'm a nice big target!"

"That klkzer couldn't hit the broad side of a castle!"

"What a band of plkzes!"

Somewhat red-faced, you inspect your gun... fortunately the problem is just that you ended up loading a rock instead of proper ammunition. Putting a real bullet in, you can be reasonably confident that won't happen again.

Intimidate Gobs silently, drawing my sword.

[3] Sadly, the goblins are not exactly intimidated after Valkyrie's display of marksmanship.

After that bit of failure, the goblin leader calls out

"Heh, you zkters think you're so tough? We own this territory here, and no band of klxkers can take it away from us! Lucky for you we're busy dealing justice to pointy ears here, so leave now and we'll let you xtksers live."

They wave their weapons around threateningly and advance, while the spear goblin stays back to guard the merchant.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2012, 11:24:30 pm »

Take out the gob mage with a blast of electricity, then engage the clubbing gob with a stab towards it's midsection.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2012, 11:27:10 pm »

Mira smiles with the appearance of a cat.

"Alright you red-skins. Come at us! I bet you'd hurt the elf, because he's unarmed!

"Pretty weak for people who own this turf. Look at us, we've got weapons. Do you have the balls enough to back up your words, shortie?"

Nock an arrow, fire at the nearest goblin that looks like he's going to warn the others that are probably nearby or outside.

If not, then fire at the nearest goblin's leg - one that isn't in front or behind any non-goblin.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2012, 11:29:03 pm »

(Huh, don't I get a bonus with a skill?)
To this day I wonder why I even loaded that damn rock in. Did I expect anything other then a total jam? It's lucky I didn't break the mechanisms. I stood up, and sighed.

"It's almost kinda sad, even the gods tried to give them a chance and they spent it uselessly yelling. Bad tactic, my friends."

As they taunted, the left themselves wide open. I knew what to do.

Point and shoot, kill the leader gob.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2012, 11:31:31 pm »

((I was looking at the OP, and I would like to say that I thoroughly enjoy the fact that we buy skills with gold.))

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2012, 11:37:29 pm »

Regarding skills, if you don't have any skill in something, then unless it's a mundane action (aka: dodging), you'd suffer a -1 modifier to it. The first level in a skill will negate that, and second level starts giving you bonuses.

By the way, the merchant does have a knife. Not that that'd have done him much good in a 5v1, but he isn't completely helpless.

To this day I wonder why I even loaded that damn rock in. Did I expect anything other then a total jam? It's lucky I didn't break the mechanisms. I stood up, and sighed.
I was considering rolling for damage to the musket, but that would have been cruel, particularly since it was just a warning shot. XD
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 11:39:53 pm by Nicholas1024 »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2012, 11:42:29 pm »

By the way, the merchant does have a knife. Not that that'd have done him much good in a 5v1, but he isn't completely helpless.
((He didn't use the knife, and as common narrative rules state, he isn't using it. Just edging towards it.  :P))

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2012, 11:45:59 pm »

I was considering rolling for damage to the musket, but that would have been cruel, particularly since it was just a warning shot. XD

What would be a six? :p

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2012, 11:49:00 pm »

For damage or for the warning shot? For the warning shot itself, you probably would have slain a goblin, or at least injured one. For damage, the worst result would have required repairing the musket for a round or two (basically until you got a good roll).

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2012, 12:24:59 am »

"By what right do you claim this territory, and what have you done to ensure it's properly marked as such?" Valius asked. He was fairly certain they were just brutes who had laid claim to whatever they felt like through strength of arms, but one had to go through the proper steps for such a situation.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2012, 12:27:33 am »

Mira leaned over to the knight in shining armor.

"Maybe they...marked it. Vile dogs...
. . .
"Ugh, that didn't just happen."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2012, 12:30:12 am »

Valius pursed his lips.

"Well... technically that would be a... cultural boundary, which I suppose we'd have to work around."

He cleared his throat.

"In any case, it's important to respect others, even if they turn out to be common thugs engaged in common banditry."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6