Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Roll to explore: On hold, sorry guys.  (Read 7703 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to explore: Game on!
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2012, 12:37:52 am »

"I prefer shooting them before they kill that elf."

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2012, 12:39:43 am »

Valius pursed his lips.

"Well... technically that would be a... cultural boundary, which I suppose we'd have to work around."

He cleared his throat.

"In any case, it's important to respect others, even if they turn out to be common thugs engaged in common banditry."

"Nope.  What have they done to deserve respect?  The second we come upon them, they are attacking some merchant, and when we tell them to stop, they threaten us.  We're past negotiating, it's time heads roll."
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 12:44:07 am by Baradine »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2012, 12:56:08 am »

"Nope.  What have they done to deserve respect?  The second we come upon them, they are attacking some merchant, and when we tell them to stop, they threaten us.  We're past negotiating, it's time heads roll."
Valius waggled his finger at the swordsman, like he might when correcting a small dog.

"Civility always deserves a chance, especially when you've attempted to fire a musket and drawn your sword at them to begin with. Otherwise you're no better than those you're attempting to correct."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2012, 12:58:31 am »

"Way I see it, they weren't going to surrender.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2012, 01:00:27 am »

Valius waggled his finger at the swordsman, like he might when correcting a small dog.

"Civility always deserves a chance, especially when you've attempted to fire a musket and drawn your sword at them to begin with. Otherwise you're no better than those you're attempting to correct."

Kalen gave Valius a deadpan look.

"... you politely asked them first, and then they ignored you.  We tired civility.  Didn't work.  What's the point of saying, 'Hey, guys, we would really like it if you would stop,' ?  These guys only respect and obey force.  You use civility on civil people.  These people are used to getting what they want, and by taking it by force.  I highly doubt we're the only ones that have tried to negotiate with this rabble.

"Also, I'm not attempting to correct them.  I'm attempting to kill them."

((I really hope your pally isn't going to try and be nice to every hostile we come across in the dungeon.))
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 01:04:11 am by Baradine »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2012, 01:08:32 am »

"... you politely asked them first, and then they ignored you.  We tired civility.  Didn't work.  What's the point of saying, 'Hey, guys, we would really like it if you would stop,' ?  These guys only respect and obey force.  You use civility on civil people.  These people are used to getting what they want, and by taking it by force.  I highly doubt we're the only ones that have tried to negotiate with this rabble.

Valius continued to explain things as though to a child.

"Some of us tried civility once. Being civil doesn't mean fulfilling some token obligation and then acting like a murderous thug, it means being civil.

It also doesn't mean making wild assumptions about others. What do you think someone would say if they saw you attacking those goblins and refusing to stop? 'Oh, he's a savage, better put him to the sword.' That's why we need to be civil and courteous to those different from us, or everything devolves into chaos. You don't want to be exactly like you assume those goblins are except bigger, do you?"

((I really hope your pally isn't going to try and be nice to every hostile we come across in the dungeon.))
((=D))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2012, 01:11:20 am »

"Ahem. Goblins. Need shooting."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2012, 01:17:24 am »

"Ahem. Goblins. Need shooting."
"Please don't be racist. I particularly wouldn't expect that from a kobold in human lands."

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2012, 01:18:17 am »

Valius continued to explain things as though to a child.

"Some of us tried civility once. Being civil doesn't mean fulfilling some token obligation and then acting like a murderous thug, it means being civil.

It also doesn't mean making wild assumptions about others. What do you think someone would say if they saw you attacking those goblins and refusing to stop? 'Oh, he's a savage, better put him to the sword.' That's why we need to be civil and courteous to those different from us, or everything devolves into chaos. You don't want to be exactly like you assume those goblins are except bigger, do you?"

((=D))

((Oh god...))

"... 1st: Goblins are highly known for being rather... evil by nature.  Don't try and argue, it's a simple fact.  Secondly, what these bandits were doing to that merchant gives us no reason to believe that they are an exception to the rule.  Thirdly, trying civility over and over gets you no where.  It's what politicians do, and look at how well they solve problems.  I understand the point of peace before war, but these guys have no interest in peace.  Lastly, and most important, these guys are advancing towards us threateningly and telling us to leave them to their extortion.  Even if negotiation was a possibility, we've past that point.  You're trying to suggest that these goblins are willing to negotiate, but they are not.  You can go ahead and try to be all goody two shoes while they chop your head off, but me, I'm killing some gobbos."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2012, 01:24:19 am »

"Goblins can be nice. These fellows aren't. They need shooting."

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2012, 01:25:52 am »

"Goblins can be nice. These fellows aren't. They need shooting."

"This.  Let's argue about morality later, and just kill the red things that are trying to extort a merchant"

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2012, 01:32:57 am »

"Green."

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2012, 01:34:00 am »

"Green."

((Yeah, I wrote green first too, but then I looked back and noticed that this worlds Goblins are red.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2012, 01:43:25 am »

"Green."
"They're gonna be green alright. After we show them how to threaten people."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2012, 01:44:32 am »

"Well, sometimes they are naturally green. In faraway lands. These ones aren't. Unusual goblins."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6