Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Roll to explore: On hold, sorry guys.  (Read 7610 times)

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to explore: Game on!
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2012, 01:51:16 am »

((I wasn't originally planning on doing this, but after reading these posts, I just couldn't resist. I'll give the standard intro battle once you actually enter the dungeon.))

Before any more discussion could happen, a shot rang out...

But not from the Kobold's musket.

Off towards the side, everyone turns towards the source of this new noise, seeing a dwarf with a customized handgun. Putting his gun away, he addressed the goblin leader.

"Alright then, you goblins, what happened this time?"

"It wasn't our fault, kztsk! We were just telling the merchant to pay up, and then these adventurers came along, and..."

"Let me guess, they saw you waving your weapons around, and jumped to the obvious conclusion.", the dwarf replied with a sigh. "Why didn't you just show him the documents?

Ktz-head here dropped them in the river, the lead goblin said, motioning towards one of the other goblins.

"Just go, consider your... assistance done with, and get back to your caves."

With that the goblins scattered, running around the undoubtedly baffled adventurers and heading for the hills.

"My apologies for all the trouble, my good men... it was fortunate I was nearby when that musket went off, else I might not have made it here in time.

"You... am I to understand you hired those thugs?!?, the elf sputtered in outrage.

"Yes and no. You see, I do actually own the land in these parts... and no, I have no clue how this dungeon appeared. However, when it did show up, I knew that adventurers and bloody tourists would be coming from everywhere to see the thing."

"Even if you do own the place, that hardly excuses..."

"I believe what happened and what I told them to do are two different things. I merely asked them to check around the land, and ensure that people weren't damaging the land or setting up camp."

"Oh come on! These adventurers all saw them waving their weapons."

"You didn't get a good look at those weapons, did you? They were all useless for anything aside from intimidation. The wand was a dud, the arrows wouldn't fly straight, the club was hollow, and the sword and spear would have snapped. As for why I provided them... well, goblins refuse to go anywhere without some sort of weapon. If I hadn't given them those, they'd have made somewhat more effective ones on their own.

"But hiring goblins of all things for such a task... not to mention their talk of a toll."

"They were refugees from the dungeon, actually. If I let them run off, they'd have doubtless gotten into trouble and gotten killed by some wandering adventurer. As for the toll... if you check the law, I believe there is a fine for trespassing, it was merely an unfortunate choice of words on their part." At the renewed outrage on the elf's face, the dwarf continued, "Don't worry, I'm not going to bother to collect, you've been through enough trouble for today. In fact, I'm thinking of selling off the land directly surrounding this dungeon, it's proving to be more trouble than it's worth. Regardless, go ahead and stay here with your shop, perhaps it'll reduce some of the adventurer casualties."

Turning towards the group, the dwarf spoke,

"Again, I'm sorry for the trouble this has put you all through. I thank you for not opening hostilities immediately, as most travelers would have done. Though a noble instinct, often times there is more to things than meets the eye."

Well, that just happened. Any questions for the dwarf before he leaves? You can also take the chance to buy a few more odds and ends before you enter the dungeon, or just head on in.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 11:11:45 am by Nicholas1024 »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2012, 01:55:04 am »

(('Dat twist.))

"I told you they'd lack those to attack." Mira said to the paladin. "And the situation defuses itself.

"Good work!"

It was a good day, truly.

"Dwarf, could you lead us all to the entrance, then? Unless we can avail of supplies here, I'd not want to wait much longer than usual.

"We've just eaten breakfast."

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2012, 01:56:48 am »

((For the record, you're more or less right in front of the entrance.))

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2012, 02:28:57 am »

((I'll admit, that's pretty funny.  Technically, I was wrong, but they were going about their job incorrectly.  Oh well.))

"Heh, looks like you were right.  Still, they shouldn't have been harassing that man.  Oh well, let's get on down the dungeon!"

((Also, aren't we broke?))
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 02:31:09 am by Baradine »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2012, 06:53:25 am »

"Someone should buy torches. Not me, I prefer darkness."

Buy a flint and steel fire making kit.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2012, 07:14:55 am »

((For the record, you're more or less right in front of the entrance.))
((It would be more fun if you told us IC, then we'd go ramble for a few posts before coming to this realization.  :P

But thanks.))

"On that note, do you know anyplace to get basic spelunking supplies?"

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2012, 10:50:44 pm »

((For the record, you each start off with 100 gold.))

"Let's see... a flint and steel kit will be 15 gold, and as for basic spelunking, I've got 30 feet of rope here I could sell you for 20 gold, as well as a basic first aid kit to cover minor wounds for another 10 gold. There's also a more advanced medical kit for 20 gold, but you'd need a bit of training to use that well. And of course, there's health potions for instant results, but those are somewhat more expensive, starting at 50 gold and going up. As for torches, I can sell those for five gold apiece, or you can have a more reliable lantern for 15 gold. You'll still need a way to light them, though, and they won't last forever. Fortunately from what I've heard, most of the interior is well lit, but there is the occasional dark room you'd need some light to adequately explore.

As far as weapons go, I'm afraid I don't have much better than the gear you already have in stock, although I've got some arrows, daggers, and a few unidentified wands... I've no idea what the wands do, so they're a mere 70 gold... they could very well be a steal at that price. Feel free to browse, of course."

((So, go ahead and buy whatever you want, if there's an item you want that I haven't listed, just raise it in character, and I'll put a price on it/tell you it isn't available.))

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2012, 10:53:45 pm »

Purchase Rope and Health Potion.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2012, 12:11:35 am »

Buy a lantern and a flask of oil to power it, along with a length of rope.

((How much gold are on our persons?))

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2012, 06:46:36 am »

Buy one flint&steel kit, a throwing knife (if 30g or less), and a length of rope.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2012, 08:00:56 am »

Hm, I have to drop out. Continue without me!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2012, 09:00:45 am »

Hm, I have to drop out. Continue without me!
((FFFFFFFFFFFFFF-  :'())

Mira looked at the kobold, "You aren't...leaving us this early are you?"

Earlier, she noted the kobold's antics - seemingly vague and undecided. Perhaps...there was more to the guy than first seemed.

"I mean...good luck. Hope to meet you soon enough."

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to explore: Replacement needed, apply now!
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2012, 10:34:34 am »

Alright, that means we're waiting on IronyOwl and someone to replace in. I could continue without the latter, but it'd be more convenient if they started at the same time as you guys.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2012, 03:31:02 pm »

Valius smiled a little. He was hardly the gloating type, but it did feel nice to have his lessons demonstrated so clearly.

"Excuse me, but do you happen to know anything about the dungeon?" he asked the dwarf.

Buy a mystery wand, length of rope (who doesn't want/need rope?), and basic first aid kit.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2012, 04:01:00 pm »

Name: Vivit
Equipment: Black Cloak, Cursed Bell, Dagger, Bone Wand
Skills/Spells: Pain Mirror, Magic Chains
Bio (optional): Unsettling is perhaps the best word to describe her. She looks like a girl of perhaps ten years, but seldom, if ever, speaks, is wrapped entirely in a black cloak, her skin is bone white and her hair gray. Only she herself knows her past, and she is silent like the grave. What is certain, though, is that this ghostly apparition has a strong aptitude for curse magic of all shapes and forms, and that she for whatever reason desires the wealth of the dungeon.

Stats: (Divide 10 points among these. Each 5 points is a 1/2 chance at a +1, having less than 3 points is a -1 for being incompetent.)
Strength: 0
Dexterity: 3
Magic: 6
Endurance: 1
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 04:25:21 pm by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6