Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Roll to explore: On hold, sorry guys.  (Read 7662 times)

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to explore: Replacement needed, apply now!
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2012, 06:44:02 pm »

Alright, so I'm going to need a little bit more info on what those spells do, as well as properties of the cursed bell and bone wand. Also, you get 100 gold to start; the shopkeeper's list is a few posts back. Tell me what (if anything) you'd like to buy before heading into the dungeon, and I'll get the turn up in a bit.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2012, 03:45:19 am »

Pain Mirror reflects a certain portion of any damage dealt to the spell target.
Magic Chains binds an enemy. It is still possible to move, but painful, so it's still a pretty effective immobilize.
Cursed Bell... worn around the neck. Touching it is a very bad thing for anyone but Vivit (who is used to it). It also reacts to curses not cast by Vivit and absorbs a small part of them.
The Bone Wand is mostly just for show. Helps a bit with focusing curses, might help with bluffs, but has burnt out long ago.

As for buying I'd like the weapon that looks the most like a ten-foot pole, two torches and a basic first aid kit.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2012, 11:19:24 pm »

Alright, you've been added, I'll try to set up a turn sometime tomorrow.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2012, 10:52:07 am »

Doop de doop.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2012, 10:55:10 am »

Turn 1: Entering the dungeon

Your purchases complete, the group heads into their dungeon, bidding their farewells to the merchant and dwarf, who are still engaged in conversation.

"So just how is it you know so much about goblins anyway?"
"Well, I lost a bet to a Paladin friend of mine, so now I have to attempt to rehabilitate a group of them. It isn't going too badly all things considered, but it's a rough job."
"Still, at least you know the Paladin was able to do it, I guess."
"What? No, that wasn't the bet. Blasted sneak got me drunk and challenged me to a pie eating contest..."

Anyway, shortly down the road, you come up towards the entrance of the dungeon itself. The natural cliff face of the rock is disturbed by a pair of imposing double doors, easily 20 feet tall. Although they've only been there recently, the black doors themselves look ancient, being covered with intricate bronze carvings of battle... and graffiti. It seems even locations of doom do not escape the perils of defacement by today's youth. Still, opening the doors, you note that the inside is far more disturbing, thanks to the numerous bloodstains and various gouges cut out of the door indicating some desperate people attempted to hack their way to freedom. Surprisingly, despite the signs of battle (or rather slaughter) here, there are no bodies to be found. Whatever did the deed seems to have cleaned up after itself.

Heading down a flight of stairs, the dimensions of the hallway quickly compact to a more normal size. Anyway, the entrance chamber at the bottom conveys the "cruel dungeon" look pretty well, an iron chandelier casting a harsh light over the room. The stone flooring is rough and uneven, with various pillars offering decent cover should the need arise.

Not counting the entrance to the dungeon itself, there are three exits to the room. Towards the north is a darkened passageway without torches, though it still smells of smoke. Towards the west you see a rather constant blood trail, as if someone had dragged a body that way, but the hallway is somewhat better maintained. Finally, towards the east you see a few gold coins scattered at random locations, as if someone had been holding a bag of gold with a rip in it while traveling through said corridor.

Players:
Spoiler: Nirur Toir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Baradine (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Errol (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 08:51:31 pm by Nicholas1024 »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to explore: Turn 1 is (finally) up!
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2012, 12:29:08 pm »

"The coins bespeak a trap to me. The blood makes me worry for possible innocents, but it's also likely filled with organized peril. The smoky moss... might be a good starting point."

He then turned down to look at their newest companion, his brow furrowing.

"Um, excuse me," he said, softly but apprehensively to the unsettling little girl, "But are you sure you should be here? It will be dangerous and I'm sure there's... other... places you could be..." He sort of trailed off, unsure of exactly what sort of alternatives a ten year old necromancer would consider viable.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2012, 12:53:11 pm »

Let's go down the smoky hallway.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2012, 01:22:20 pm »

"I agree with the paladin. Someone's likely waiting at the end of that trail in ambush. If we can come at them from the side, we'd be in a much better position."

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2012, 02:53:10 pm »

Smoke it is, then.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2012, 08:49:07 pm »

"Um, excuse me, but are you sure you should be here? It will be dangerous and I'm sure there's..."
"I'm right here!"

Mira traced the paladin's gaze to their new companion. She was surprised she didn't see her earlier, and felt embarrassed about the snap.

"Err, here. We're all accounted for, then." she added, hoping to cover up her mistake. "Hmm, I'll just fire a warning shot over on the other two. Too quiet..."

Light my lantern and attach it to the stick that is obviously dangling upright from my backpack.

Fire two successive shots down the other two hallways while taking the rear of the team as they traverse the smoky one.

Mira tapped the other girl's shoulder. "Hey there, I'm Mirien. Nice place for an adventure, huh?"

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2012, 07:38:51 am »

Getting patted on the shoulder -- amiably, to boot -- surprises Vivit, almost making her flinch. "...Nice?" Her voice is quiet, which was about as loud as it got. "This place isn't nice. I can feel that."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2012, 07:49:58 am »

Mira smiled at the reaction -- trying to be friendly, at least. It seemed better now that she was away from the village. Grey hair always looked nice...

"Figure of speech." She leaned closer to her. "So...what's your name and what brought you here?

"Are you a mage of some sort, or a scholar?"

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2012, 11:03:29 am »

"Vivit. It's a long story." she mumbled while trodding along.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 17, 2012, 09:03:22 pm »

Turn 2: Seriously?
As a group you all turn and head down the corridor to investigate the smell of smoke. After traveling a fair distance,you see a light in the distance... the light grows steadily as you approach, until finally you get a good view of a goblin village, populated with creatures much like the ones you encountered outside.

Oh yeah, the light? That's because the village is currently on fire. After a bit of bewilderment, you quickly spot the source of the trouble; a band of orcs are rampaging through the village, burning indiscriminately and slicing down the fleeing goblins. Looking more closely, you see twelve orcs divided into three bands of four, which are spread out enough that you could conceivably take them down separately should you act quickly. Here and there you see a few goblins stand up to fight, but they're cut down just as quickly. If you give them something to rally behind, perhaps they could be of some assistance.

Spoiler: Orcs (click to show/hide)

Players:
Spoiler: Nirur Toir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Baradine (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Errol (click to show/hide)

I'd rather get this out quickly, so I won't go into detail about the Orcs just yet, but most of them have swords/spears, you'll see the occasional bow/wand, and each squad has a leader with better equipment than your own (most of it is roughly on par). Also, as for why this encounter is this difficult for the first fight in the game... well, random.org did not like you guys tonight.

(Danger: 1d6 = 6
Treasure: 1d6 = 4
Orcs: 1d10 + 5 = 12
Elite opponents: 1d3 = 3
Goblin resistance: 1d6 = 5)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to explore: Turn 2, now with 140% more potential enemies!
« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2012, 09:07:18 am »

((Baradine has requested his character be actioned by either IronyOwl and Me during his absence. As I'm controlling his character in another RTD, is it alright with you, Irony, if Baradine goes to you?  :P

We've no temporary waitlist anyway...))

Mira shifted her feet to look at her companions with an 'are you serious' face.

"We've entered a battlefield...Shall we help those civilians?" She kept her gaze on the paladin longer than the rest, "Y'know, I just don't want to see innocents get hurt and all. We've got the advantage of surprise."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6