Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Eternal Siege  (Read 3226 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Eternal Siege
« on: May 06, 2015, 05:49:48 pm »

Bastiongate has been hit with the eternal siege bug. Even killing all prisoners taken in the battle did not remove the flag. Is there a way to lift the siege? I'm willing to hack. I need the caravans!

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
Re: Eternal Siege
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 06:09:20 pm »

Bastiongate has been hit with the eternal siege bug. Even killing all prisoners taken in the battle did not remove the flag. Is there a way to lift the siege? I'm willing to hack. I need the caravans!

Just use DFhack to Exterminate Goblin.

They can't siege you if they're all dead.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 06:31:20 pm »

It's humans. Plus I have a captive Avatar of Fire that I'd lose if I did that.

Exterminate with no parameters outputs that there are no humans or any of their animals on the map.

Airgeoff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 07:06:18 pm »

I've found that saving and restarting the game fixes a lot of errors for me. More than that I don't know.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 07:31:23 pm »

nope

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 08:42:43 pm »

Exterminate with no parameters outputs that there are no humans or any of their animals on the map.

Something is probably stealthed. I recommend flooding the entire map with magma, just to be sure.

Failing that, wander around with your military to try and spook it out.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2015, 09:32:31 pm »

This has happened to me too. I think it was a result of forcing multiple sieges of different types at once. Anyway, I was never able to fix it.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2015, 09:06:59 am »

Well, if you're on grasslands, you can always use the Liquids command to start grass fires (spawn 1 magma, enjoy inferno) and burn everything on the map to death.

It's kind of a drastic step, but it's always worked for me.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2015, 09:14:20 am »

Possibly an ambush floating, or something stupid. SEIGE offset isn't known. Did you cage any of the invaders? That might be preventing the SEIGE tag from clearing.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2015, 01:55:52 pm »

Something is probably stealthed. I recommend flooding the entire map with magma, just to be sure.

Failing that, wander around with your military to try and spook it out.
Wouldn't exterminate reveal stealthed creatures? I don't think there are stealthed creatures.

This has happened to me too. I think it was a result of forcing multiple sieges of different types at once. Anyway, I was never able to fix it.
I haven't forced sieges, this one was natural.

Well, if you're on grasslands, you can always use the Liquids command to start grass fires (spawn 1 magma, enjoy inferno) and burn everything on the map to death.

It's kind of a drastic step, but it's always worked for me.
I'm in the desert. I might do that if all else fails, but I'd have to bring in my sheep and also I'd lose some of the ~700 cage traps that I have on the surface.

Possibly an ambush floating, or something stupid. SIEGE offset isn't known. Did you cage any of the invaders? That might be preventing the SIEGE tag from clearing.
This sounds like the most likely. I did cage many of the invaders, but I killed them all in an attempt to clear the tag. Usually, though, sieges are ended when all participants are caged.

I think it may be that the humans started retreating before all of them had entered the map, leaving some in limbo on the edge of the map. I'm going to copy the save, abandon, and check legends.

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2015, 04:03:16 pm »

You can receive another siege while under siege, so when the next one leaves it may reset the flag.
"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game 

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2015, 07:36:48 pm »

Flag got cleared at some point - I got an impish diplomat 6 months late (or early). Double goods for the caravans, then.