Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 216

Author Topic: Europa Universalis IV  (Read 452845 times)

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis IV
« Reply #1665 on: November 07, 2014, 04:17:03 pm »

Yay, not only did this latest patch break my 2 month old Hansa game where I was just about to unite Germany("Castilian La Plata" and "Portuguese Brazil" now own about 25 or so random provinces all around the world including Vitebsk and 2 others within the Commonwealth(first time I saw it form), plus the ongoing wars were terminated) but the game is now incredibly heavy. Even a fresh 1444 start at the lowest speed stutters like hell, and its also effective mouse pointer movement and selections. The game went from perfectly smooth, better then HOI3, to borderline unplayable.  ::)

kingofthescots

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: November 07, 2014, 06:03:16 pm »

You can just roll back to the previous patch in steam.... So you can finish your old game. Under the beta opt in tab. You can roll all the way back to 1.4.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: November 07, 2014, 06:22:16 pm »

You can just roll back to the previous patch in steam.... So you can finish your old game. Under the beta opt in tab. You can roll all the way back to 1.4.

Too late for the old game...

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: November 07, 2014, 06:47:59 pm »

Is anyone else having stability issues with the new patch? I've got my game consistently crashing a minute or two after I open a trade node's info screen.
I've had a few crashes during loading saves, but otherwise it's pretty smooth, and apart from an increase in time to launch the game is quite faster.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: November 09, 2014, 01:14:55 am »

Fffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Fuck. Hambutt. Fartmouth. Goshdammit.

So, Apple decided to minimize my game to tell me about an update to iTunes, a program I've not used in probably over a year. The game didn't pause. I was on speed 5. When I opened the game again, it was about 50 years from when the game was minimized and I was nearly fully occupied by Bohemia at -3 stability. The game was ironman. Is there any remote chance it didn't save because it was ironman, or is my Prussia game completely ruined?

EDIT: Nope. Ruined. Guess it's good timing for the console commands to be broken, then, because I see this as a perfectly legitimate excuse to abuse that at the moment.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 01:20:43 am by ShoesandHats »

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: November 09, 2014, 01:26:36 am »

Ironman will autosave every month and whenever there is a major decision (like declaring war). You can forcefully crash the game to revert to the youngest autosave but thats it. I recommend that you play around with the message settings so some of them autopause. Setting the game to autopause when you've been declared on is great.

You might still be able to recover even if your country is crippled. Remember the game only ends when you're annexed and I find fighting uphill is the better experience in EU4.
If you're really dedicated to that save you could just get a trainer. I've read they can do some pretty strange things to a save however (particularly with province ownership) so you might want to be careful.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: November 09, 2014, 03:53:32 am »

Or alternatively, play without Ironman and make manual saves every year.

Now you won't ever lose a game to a out-of-gameplay reason!
._.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: November 09, 2014, 07:39:06 am »

Yeah, besides, Ironman games, thanks to the ridiculous lucky nations bonuses that cant be removed from certain countries, usually ends up in France Universalis unless the player is in Europe too and can stop that from happening.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: November 10, 2014, 01:51:22 am »

That would only moderatrely help, seeing as how 50 years had passed (of which a maximum of 2.9 can be recovered.)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: November 10, 2014, 04:54:12 am »

That would only moderatrely help, seeing as how 50 years had passed (of which a maximum of 2.9 can be recovered.)
I said manual, not auto.
._.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: November 10, 2014, 04:57:21 am »

I said manual, not auto.
oh, sory. I do find that manual saving is pain in the ass, but that could just be because I don't have the right reflexes ("save early, save often and don't overwrite saves")
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: November 13, 2014, 04:42:53 pm »

How do you create a client state?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: November 13, 2014, 04:58:43 pm »

When you get Dip 22 the button will become available to you in owned provinces. They can only be in your home continent.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: November 19, 2014, 01:41:47 pm »

If you occupy the war leaders provinces and the war is over 5 years old you will get 100% warscore. It was added to stoppeople from jumping small countries before their large allies had a say in the matter.

What does this even mean though? Like if I occupy one province of the war leader's I'll have 100% after 5 years? Or I can't get 100% before 5 years have passed?

Basically after 5 years the input of the allies provinces when calculating war score is removed as a negating thing against your war score. So if you're at war with say Serbia who is allied to Austria and you occupy all of the Serbian provinces at the 5 year mark you will have 100% warscore. Before the 5 year mark you would need to have occupied all of Austria as well to get to 100% warscore. It basically lengthens all wars to be a five year minimum unless you're only taking a province or two or it's an utter curb stomp.

As an aside, is anybody interested in another attempt at getting a Bay12 EU4 game going again? I know the last one didn't end all that well but I've got some ideas on how to make it so we don't end up in the same sort of stalemate we did last time.
May the mass times acceleration be with you

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: November 19, 2014, 08:53:36 pm »

I'd be down for some Bay12 multiplayer. It'll be Landstealingsgiving week here in Freedomland soon, so I bet a lot of people will have time then. Or maybe none, I guess it depends.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 216