Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 216

Author Topic: Europa Universalis IV  (Read 447905 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Europa Universalis IV
« Reply #2970 on: July 12, 2017, 03:13:59 pm »

And then you take over the red sea, take exploration as your 2nd 3rd idea depending on how things go, and conquer your way through India and Indies until you have a Red Sea trad Empire stretching from Alexandria to Allahstralia - at which point crushing the Ottomans is as simple as turning one's hand over. Generally you just want to wait because early on, Ottoman morale and fire pips makes them OP as fuck. As technology reaches the global trade era, the power discrepancy weakens considerably, and they usually end up getting weakened by Hapsbourg and Russian incursions

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: July 13, 2017, 09:59:08 am »

Unless it's one of my games, where the Ottomans fly northwards and wind up at the Baltic.

doesn't that rely on a relatively unusual collapse of both Muscovy and PLC?

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: July 14, 2017, 09:24:47 am »

Unless it's one of my games, where the Ottomans fly northwards and wind up at the Baltic.

doesn't that rely on a relatively unusual collapse of both Muscovy and PLC?
Nope. In my games Russia forms and the Ottomans have a habit of flying through them.

weird

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: July 31, 2017, 04:10:27 pm »

Is anyone else getting weird issues where their colonial nations turn animist? I was not pleased to see that Granada al-Jadida abandoned their explicitly Sunni roots in my Morocco run. British Brazil did the same thing.

On that note, is it a good idea for me to force them to go back to Sunni? I want to do so but that +100% liberty desire modifier does not look very pretty.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2974 on: August 01, 2017, 05:50:09 pm »

Forcing their religion and keeping their liberty desire down with development is pretty easy, if a bit draining on the old admin points.

Never have it above 50%. Once it goes above, the AI supports independence compulsively, your subjects ally with one another, and keeping liberty desire down becomes frustratingly difficult

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: August 03, 2017, 11:34:10 pm »

I'm having a stupidly hard time forming the Commonwealth today. My first run involved the Teutonic Order crushing me in the 1440s because they were allied with Hungary. My second time I restarted immediately because Bohemia designated me as a rival. And my third time, the Teutons allied Hungary again, and I barely won the war against them; Lithuania turned Orthodox due to rebels, and I was powerless to stop them because my military was completely destroyed by the Teutons; and I simply rage-quit again when my regency council somehow died, allowing Lithuania to leave the union. Both the first and third times it took at least a year for We Need a Jagiellon! to fire, even though it feels like whenever I play on the other side of Europe it fires the day after the game starts.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2976 on: August 04, 2017, 01:09:12 pm »

Most of the time it's better to let Lithuania become Orthodox, it makes Lithuania stable as fuck and allows you to vassal feed PU'd Lithuania all those russian provinces in the East before you form PLC

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: August 09, 2017, 07:30:08 am »

Most of the time it's better to let Lithuania become Orthodox, it makes Lithuania stable as fuck and allows you to vassal feed PU'd Lithuania all those russian provinces in the East before you form PLC

Doesn't work so well any more. Lithuania can't have more than 47 provinces, or you can't form PLC.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2978 on: August 09, 2017, 11:42:53 am »

Ah, that's unfortunate

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: August 14, 2017, 12:33:41 pm »

So I'm trying MEIOU and taxes (picking Roman Territories because rebuilding the Roman Empire seems awesome) and am realizing that vassals are a real pain in the ass now. I started with 5 vassal and it seems that even with the policy that (slowly) increases centralization, I would have to wait literal centuries to annex these 1-2 province nations. What gives? Am I missing something? It seems like it would be easier to just cut vassalization and annex them militarily.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: August 14, 2017, 05:17:43 pm »

So I'm trying MEIOU and taxes (picking Roman Territories because rebuilding the Roman Empire seems awesome) and am realizing that vassals are a real pain in the ass now. I started with 5 vassal and it seems that even with the policy that (slowly) increases centralization, I would have to wait literal centuries to annex these 1-2 province nations. What gives? Am I missing something? It seems like it would be easier to just cut vassalization and annex them militarily.
A few things, first centralization increases it quite a bit, second their are multiple policies you can take that greatly speed up time time it takes, third once you get time time down you can negotiate a tighter bond and speed it up a decade at a time. this stuff should be listed under the vassal interaction decision.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: August 14, 2017, 05:36:11 pm »

A few things, first centralization increases it quite a bit, second their are multiple policies you can take that greatly speed up time time it takes, third once you get time time down you can negotiate a tighter bond and speed it up a decade at a time. this stuff should be listed under the vassal interaction decision.

Well it's taken several years for centralization to go up to 2, and so far I'm not seeing a big change in integration (maybe down to 815 years from 820 years) So it seems like it will take decades just to get the chance to begin annexation, which in turn will take a while. Second, I don't see the policies. Nothing states that it will speed up integration (just to clarify, this is not the part what I annex, but rather the time I need to wait before I can start the annexation process). Maybe I can get them later but it's sort of pointless when you have 5 vassals dragging your diplo points down. Third, I've tried getting a tighter bond but it failed. I don't get what you mean by "time down".

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: August 14, 2017, 05:54:36 pm »

Well it's taken several years for centralization to go up to 2, and so far I'm not seeing a big change in integration (maybe down to 815 years from 820 years) So it seems like it will take decades just to get the chance to begin annexation, which in turn will take a while. Second, I don't see the policies. Nothing states that it will speed up integration (just to clarify, this is not the part what I annex, but rather the time I need to wait before I can start the annexation process). Maybe I can get them later but it's sort of pointless when you have 5 vassals dragging your diplo points down. Third, I've tried getting a tighter bond but it failed. I don't get what you mean by "time down".
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: August 14, 2017, 06:22:31 pm »

Yes I've read that. But I've done all I can and it's taking years for little change. If you are trying to tell me that progress will ramp up exponentially, then I'd be willing to wait.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: August 14, 2017, 06:30:13 pm »

From my game I could get it down to a few decades and that was with vassal feeding. But at the beginning ya is slow. just grow them for awhile until its practical to start focusing on annexation.
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 216