Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 216

Author Topic: Europa Universalis IV  (Read 445085 times)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis IV
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2012, 10:59:46 am »

Please refer to following video for my reaction:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2012, 11:01:03 am »

yeah it sounds like the menu music to me

i've learned my lesson with paradox, i'll probably wait a few years for the diamond ultimate super complete edition before i buy eu4

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2012, 11:04:40 am »

i've learned my lesson with paradox, i'll probably wait a few years for the diamond ultimate super complete edition before i buy eu4
* Diamond Ultimate Super Chronicles Edition
Paradox doesn't understand the concept of "complete" :p

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2012, 11:07:23 am »

ah yes what was i thinking

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2012, 11:14:10 am »

That interview was really interesting. I'm thinking the coalition system is going to have a massive impact on the game, for the better. I imagine it's going to be much harder for doom empires to appear as smaller weaker countries will join together and the larger countries will get relationship penalties to each other to stop doom alliances. 
This would really change the balance and would stop countries like England rofl stomping the rest of the British Isles as the smaller Celtic countries will likely be a (semi-historical) coalition.

Good to also seem to same level of modding support, not that I expected less. Multiplayer improvements sound lovely but until they do something with the pause/time system I doubt I could get into it. I said it once and I'll say it again: Defcon's simultaneous pause system is the best for a game like this. As the game scales in a decent amount of players the time system can become more "democratic" so more players would have to set it to a lower/higher speed to change it.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2012, 11:18:23 am »

Yayyy, I've read the entire EU3 thread, played it a bit a while ago, and was about to rebuy it.

But now I'll wait for this. Woohoo, another game I actually think I'll play for years.
It's a game. Have fun.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2012, 11:21:12 am »

Can't hurt to pick up EU3 either to "test the waters". I think I saw the Chronicles edition on Steam for like 4 bucks on the summer sales. Not a whole much for a game that has given me endless amounts of enjoyment.
The modding scene is almost where Paradox games really shine. There are some great mods out there that have had years of development while EU4 won't have the benefits of mods until a few months after release.

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2012, 11:36:21 am »

it was $7.50

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2012, 11:38:14 am »

But with the point being that the game will definately will get those mods. Eventually, but as long as they don't nerf out the entire customization of the game, it'll be a good buy. I don't mind paying full price for a game that is something I'll play for ages. I might pick up EU3 while I'm waiting for part 4 to be released though.

(I just had a Diablo 3 shudder moment. That game HAS to get better. It was my last full price purchase and I still haven't finished it. But it's because I couldn't be bothered. If Paradox doesn't do this to EU4, then I'll be happy).
It's a game. Have fun.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2012, 12:10:26 pm »

Paradox generally doesn't screw its customers over. They know what they want (customization, modding support, etc).

The addition of 'hotjoin' is good news. I can't even count the number of times everybody has had to rehost because someone cut out.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2012, 12:18:03 pm »

Wow, they couldn't even be bothered to design a new map - check out the trailer, its the same land masses from EU3.

Dammit Paradox.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2012, 12:20:45 pm »

Wow, they couldn't even be bothered to design a new map - check out the trailer, its the same land masses from EU3.

Dammit Paradox.
Europe in Europa Univeralis AGAIN?!? *flips table*

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2012, 12:25:36 pm »

Any link to the video?

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher