Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 216

Author Topic: Europa Universalis IV  (Read 445094 times)

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis IV
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2012, 01:34:49 pm »

Please refer to following video for my reaction:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

I was a bit worried when that link was orange. But my reaction was pretty much the same.

Only way Paradox could be more certain that they'll be getting more money from me would be Hearts of Iron IV. It would be the only one missing from my collection... for a while.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 08:55:06 am by Oliolli »

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2012, 01:51:34 pm »

I'm not sure what to think. On one hand, EU3 introduced me to Paradox games... on the other, CK2 is what I really wanted and I have that and am completely happy with it.

It's certainly not an insta-buy for me, but after I read some dev diaries, maybe. And given that they have a year to write dev diaries...
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2012, 01:56:13 pm »

If I have a better pc when the game is released, this will be an instabuy. I'm fairly sure it will be as polished as CKii so I'm not worried about getting some half-ass semi-beta game :P

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2012, 02:03:18 pm »

Oh man, EU4?

I'll be watching this. I spent so much time on EU3.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2012, 04:00:08 pm »

I'll pirate it.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2012, 04:37:03 pm »

I'll buy the hell out of this.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2012, 04:53:01 pm »

YEEEESSSSS!!!

But just a little nitpick.

Quote from: RPS
Have more than a thousand historical leaders and over 4000 historical Monarchs at your disposal.

The articles seem to be mentioning this detail quite a bit. Now, if this just means that there's a historical mode, then that's all fine. But what if it means rulers are restricted to historical ones? Probably an unfounded fear, but its possible.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2012, 04:58:06 pm »

Awesome! PTW for developments.

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2012, 05:20:32 pm »

The articles seem to be mentioning this detail quite a bit. Now, if this just means that there's a historical mode, then that's all fine. But what if it means rulers are restricted to historical ones? Probably an unfounded fear, but its possible.

Probably. I can't imagine how that would work for nations that historically ceased to exist within a few years of the game start.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2012, 05:48:56 pm »

YEEEESSSSS!!!

But just a little nitpick.

Have more than a thousand historical leaders and over 4000 historical Monarchs at your disposal.

Nevermind, Captain Gars has assuaged my fears.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2012, 04:10:16 am »

On the video... the opening music to EU3...

Must... resist... EU3...

A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2012, 04:29:52 am »

Historical leadership was optional in EU3, I don't know why they'd change it now.

I just hope they don't neglect East vs. West's development because of this. Everyone knows Europa Universalis has always been Paradox's lovechild.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2012, 04:37:04 am »

Isn't East vs West being done by the Arsenal of Democracy team? It shouldn't have any effect on that.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2012, 04:39:32 am »

And normally I wouldn't be concerned at all because of that, but this is Europa Universalis. I could see all the teams falling on it in a heap of sweaty development without intending to.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2012, 09:05:13 am »

I want it to have the depth of combat of HoI3, the economy and population of vicky 2, and a trade system and colonization system of the gods.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 216