Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 216

Author Topic: Europa Universalis IV  (Read 445090 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Europa Universalis IV
« Reply #2985 on: August 14, 2017, 07:02:31 pm »

Yes I've read that. But I've done all I can and it's taking years for little change. If you are trying to tell me that progress will ramp up exponentially, then I'd be willing to wait.
Yeah, the bonuses from centralization, admin and vassal years stack up exponentially. Look at it this way, the longer you have your vassal, the faster they are integrated - so without factoring in centralization or admin, it definitely will exponentially increase. When you negotiate a closer bond with your vassal, you effectively add 10 years of service in the span of a day, so that'll also help speed up integration growth

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: August 21, 2017, 04:44:47 pm »

Could someone explain to me why all my vassal have suddenly stopped helping me fight wars? When I had my first war to break from the papal states they all ran around and attacked and siege territories. Now they just sit there while this stack that could very easily be wiped out with their help sieges all my territory. I tried changing their behavior. I've tried attaching my army to theirs. I've tried engaging the enemy's 7 units with my 5, hoping the other 4 units of vassals would join in, but nothing happens. They just sit there until the stack walks in and destroys their armies one by one. It's infuriating. This is 5 different vassals all doing this.

(Just a reminder I'm playing MEIOU and Taxes 2.0)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: August 21, 2017, 05:08:03 pm »

Have you tried clicking "attach to this unit" on your army? Also, what's the liberty desire on your vassals?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: August 21, 2017, 06:22:48 pm »

Have you tried clicking "attach to this unit" on your army? Also, what's the liberty desire on your vassals?

I have tried that, and their liberty desire was somewhere in the 50's.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: August 21, 2017, 06:34:51 pm »

I'm pretty sure that in vanilla your vassals won't help in wars if they're disloyal, which is above 50%. Unless M&T changes that there is your problem.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: August 21, 2017, 07:22:57 pm »

Well that's disappointing. I feel that there should be more to a decision that threatens the existence of your nation  and army than a few points of liberty desire.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: August 22, 2017, 12:59:46 am »

Well that's disappointing. I feel that there should be more to a decision that threatens the existence of your nation  and army than a few points of liberty desire.

Well, keeping liberty desire low is important. If you have some prestige to sacrifice, you can sacrifice 20 prestige for a -5% liberty desire.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: August 23, 2017, 03:10:39 am »

Or a tiny amount of mana to develop a province, if you have the DLC that lets you do that.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: August 23, 2017, 06:50:06 am »

Or just improve relations with your vassals or find a way to get your diplomatic reputation higher
Sigtext

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: September 03, 2017, 11:17:19 am »

So I'm playing MEIOU and Taxes and am wondering if this is vanilla or part of the mod and what causes it. My armies, after losing a fight, regain movement only at ~25% a month and the tooltip says I need 50% to begin moving again. This effectively lets the enemy stack wipe me.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2995 on: September 04, 2017, 04:53:48 pm »

So I'm playing MEIOU and Taxes and am wondering if this is vanilla or part of the mod and what causes it. My armies, after losing a fight, regain movement only at ~25% a month and the tooltip says I need 50% to begin moving again. This effectively lets the enemy stack wipe me.
It's a vanilla mechanic, armies with too low morale get forced into a shattered retreat. The AI (or you) then marches to what it thinks is a safe place to retreat to, fingers crossed it's into a fleet of transports or behind Fortresses that can then ferry those forces to safety. If not, they can get stackwiped. Also when doing a shattered retreat, most commonly through Russia, if a unit regains morale before reaching its retreat destination it can be manually controlled again before the retreat is completed.
High morale is godly in the early game and great in the late game. Generally, it's never a bad idea to have better morale

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: September 05, 2017, 12:06:12 pm »

It took me a few decades but I finally realized why the ottomans were kicking my as so badly. Massive tech advantage.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: September 06, 2017, 02:07:59 am »

Yeah, you really don't want to fall behind on military tech. Sometime even a one tech level advantage can make a huge difference if it unlocks new units.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2998 on: September 07, 2017, 05:26:58 pm »

suk maa diiiik im the pope suk ma dik suk ma dik remove hapsbourg REMOVE HAPSBOURG you are worst hapsbourg YOU LIVE IN A DITCH and probably sleep with sister

*EDIT
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And then after most of Austria's allies got eliminated by Papal white coats, after Bohemia decided to launch their own war to cleanse Austria of heresy - Russia joined in to boost the Papal war to 1,000,000 soldiers strong. rip hapsbourg

Sweden however does not care. The Swedes can stare down the swords of a million souls and fear not the coming storm, nor fear to walk amongst the innumerable dead. The Swede shall not ask whether honour matters or whether their cause was just, they shall simply carry on when everything is already lost, for the Swede must fear nothing but Finngolians and mildly hot weather

*EDIT
With the hapsbourgs assimilated in short order, the rest of the HRE crumbled in rapid succession - their great protector annihilated and annexed. With prince after prince falling to the livid Papacy, the last remaining elector of the Netherlands turned to the only Catholic ruler left who had managed to successfully resist the Pope.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
GIGA-SWEDEN
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 07:44:17 pm by Loud Whispers »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: September 08, 2017, 12:01:17 am »

I'm doing a Netherlands game, and I'm at the very tail end of it. I took all the economic and money ideas possible and colonized the shit out of South and Central Africa (among other places.) Basically everywhere between the Horn of Africa and the Cape of Good Hope is my domain.

My trade power is so insanely high right now that I control the world slave trade despite having outlawed slavery.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 216