Poll

Can this poll be removed?

Nope :p
- 7 (28%)
Hahaha you funny man!
- 18 (72%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]

Author Topic: Chapter Two: Lucid  (Read 19190 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Two: Lucid
« Reply #270 on: May 24, 2012, 09:00:10 pm »

"Ask her what she's here for."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

nightcrafter27

• Bay Watcher
  • Extrapolator Extrodinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 29, 2012, 10:20:38 pm »

Would you be so kind as to inquire if she has always lived in this place?

((If I forgot that this color combo was already taken, please tell me))

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 27, 2012, 08:10:20 pm »

Ask her why she is here. Actually, can she hear me directly?

I  assure you, fergus it/she/he can.  You. . . . .  that means. . . . Angra Mainyu. I assume that means there is one like. . . He? It?  But, as you know, by your wisdom, you have command of my respect. I am sure that we are not here just to speak. As much as I have gathered, you are holding back for our sake and, therefor, your being here is for a very important reason. And i appologize if I seem scattered. one of your names, that you chose to mention, is seldom heard where I am. . . . . from.

Jehovah? Hm. So, what is it you wish to speak with us about?

"Ask her what she's here for."

Would you be so kind as to inquire if she has always lived in this place?

So many questions...  I can indeed hear you directly young ones, and I shall attempt to answer most of your questions with a tale:

The best place to start is at the beginning.  If you can call that time a beginning.  What meaning does time have when there is nothing besides yourself in a void?  There was the Grey Plane, and there was me.  Nothing else existed.  There were no Others, no Worlds, no Spirits.  Just myself and my thoughts amongst nothingness, in one sense I was all there was, in another I was a small speck of existence amongst a sea of nothingness.  After some time, whether it was ages or minutes I cannot say, I decided to create. 

I decided that I would create others like myself, something to communicate with, pass the endless time with together.  From nothingness I wrung out an existence, but it was much greater than I anticipated and it quickly split into many pieces, many striking my own form and tearing away parts slowly reducing my strength until I was barely more than a single one of the fragments, which it soon became apparent were mad.  Not insane in the quaint tidy manner that humans and other beings exist in when their minds are broken.  In there there is still a semblance of order and coherence, to these beings white was a horse and an apple was a symphony, their minds made connections where there were none and eschewed the ones that existed.  I named these the Others.  Soon they began to find and slay each other, and from their bodies were eventually formed the various Worlds.

Amidst the chaos I fought my way free to an empty space on the Grey Plane.  There I rested and thought over what I had done.  Then I decided to start anew.  This time I started smaller and created a small World, which I gradually made bigger and brought to full maturity, then I created beings in my own preferred image, but without my power, unlike I had done before.  These were the first humans.  This act of creation sent waves of Influence out through the Grey Plane and soon on the dead bodies of Others new life took root and flourished. The waste left behind by destruction makes the best place for new things to sprout after all.

It did not take long for one Other, more sane than the rest to become jealous of my creation as I nurtured it.  It came upon me with terrible force.  The battle lasted for an indescribable amount of time.  Slowly though, I gained the advantage and just before I dealt the killing blow it transformed its entire Being into a single attack that split my very Mind, Body, Soul, and Essence in half.  This other half was tainted by the Other’s malice and its mind became twisted. 

Angra Mainyu, The Great Tempter, The Serpent, Sheolann, Hældel, it possesses as many names I possess.  Every culture has a name for each of us on Mundus.  The moment we both recovered from the shock, it fled, knowing my power to be superior for the moment.  It evaded my attempts to catch it or reason with it for eons all the while building up its strength until we were at a stalemate.  We remained in this state for some time. Then, a discovery was made. 

There were beings that were exempt from the laws which governed the Worlds, they were only lightly attached to them, barely of the same weave, and they possessed a strong enough Soul to withstand the malice of the Grey Plane alone.  Moreover, they seemed to attract the ambient shards of destroyed Others’ Souls, called Spirits, to themselves who formed a symbiotic relation with their host, each one protecting the other.  The Host provided a body in the form of the Essence that surrounded their Soul, the Spirits in return protected the Host from anything that threatened their Mind.

Immediately I knew that Sheolann would attempt to use these people for his own ends, and so I descended onto Mundus, and sought out the first, his name was Clavanyi.  I met him and told him how to free his Soul.  I made on nearly fatal mistake though, the effort of maintaining a constant physical form upon the World left me open to attack Sheolann took advantage of this the moment it learned of it and attacked me from behind, dealing a grievous blow to my Essence.  I was forced to retreat and Clavanyi blocked it's attack, losing his body upon that World. I realized that he would need a place for his soul to rest, so I turned myself into a new World, which is where you reside now. 

My forced retreat gave Sheolann time to claim the Souls of seven people.  These became the members of the First Tier.  They are his most powerful servants now. They in turn collected and still collect the Souls of that make up the Second Tier, and the Second Tier in turn collects Souls for the Third Tier.

They now call themselves...

DO NOT POST UNTIL AFTER THE NEXT UPDATE
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]