Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]

Author Topic: High Fantasy Conquest  (Read 20196 times)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: High Fantasy Conquest
« Reply #285 on: August 26, 2012, 11:37:40 pm »

Die fighting. [1/1]
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 27, 2012, 12:00:34 am »

The peasant-king suddenly has a peculiar prickling feeling on the back of his neck. He turns his unicorn around and rides as quickly as he can back to the vault to find all his guards dead and his treasure gone. He looks out over the plains to see Grek II himself shedding his cloak of invisibility, nearing the border to elven territory. The human king, having no time to rally troops, pursues the elf riding faster than he ever has. He catches up to the king, who hadn't noticed him until now. The elf expertly tries to evade the human, but Corai manages to stab Grek's unicorn in the side. The horse tumbles to the ground, sending Grek II flying, only a quarter-mile from the Grekian border. Grek jumps to his feet and dusts himself off, then draws his adamantine longsword (still wet with human blood) menacingly. Corai pulls the spear out of the poor dying unicorn, and the two circle each other for a while before clashing. The human jabs first with his spear, but the elf jumps to the side and slices the spear clean in half. Grek II has a huge satisfied grin on his face as he steps toward Corai, who is desperately trying to back away. Suddenly, Grek charges Corai and tackles him to the ground. Corai tries to wrestle the sword away from Grek, while Grek tries to plunge it into Corai's heart. Suddenly, a huge flood of water torrents down from the mountain range in the south. Both kings pause their fight momentarily to watch the wave of water crush trees and ruin the forest on its journey towards them. Before they have time to even untangle themselves from each other and stand up, the crushing force of the wave hits them. When the wave passes, the plains are littered with dwarf and elf corpses, various dwarven trash and furniture, and unearthed plants of all kinds. Among the wreckage is an angry dwarf in a skin boat. The elf is the first to recover from the impact, and he stumbles around looking for his sword. Meanwhile, the dwarf hops out of his boat and takes a long swig from his hip flask before helping the human king up. The two recognize each other and Corai explains the situation to the Dwarf Lord. The dwarf can't believe his luck: he has the chance to both kill the elf monarch and take the magical artifacts for himself. The dwarf runs over to the stumbling elf, handaxe held high above his head. As soon as the dwarf is within striking distance, the elf turns completely invisible. The dwarf curses the cowardly elf and swings around manically trying to hit the invisible target. The dwarf feels a sudden pain in his side, and looks over to see a Mithril blade protruding from it. The dwarf falls over, but refuses to die. He continues cursing the elf and tells him to "fight like a man! I mean, er, fight like a dwarf!". The human, defeated, doesn't even try to search for the invisible elf king, and falls to the ground defeated. Upon returning to his throne room Grek II, now a master of his magical devices, snaps his fingers and summons the other four to him. Using the powers of life, rock, water, time, sight, and even Mithril Grek II becomes a complete and total master of the Universe. The gate to Hell is clear to him and he conjures it right in front of him. Through this gate, he sees Grek I sitting in a blood-stained Mithril throne, ruling over all of the Underworld. The original elf king sees his son, stands from his throne, and kills three tortured souls on his way towards the gate. Grek II holds out open arms to embrace his father with tears of joy running down his face. Grek I chuckles at the gesture before stabbing Grek II in the heart with a trident, then taking all six artifacts for himself. Now there is only one Grek, one master of the Universe, one master of the Underworld. They are all one and the same. They are all Grek.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 27, 2012, 12:09:06 am »

VICTORY!!!

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 27, 2012, 12:12:35 am »

Congratulations Grek! I had a great time running this game and I will most certainly be doing a High Fantasy Conquest Game 2, which all of you are welcome to join. I'm going to be doing a complete overhall of the rules before that though. Feel free to suggest anything you'd like to be added or more clearly stated in the rules including technologies, battle, races, whatever. I plan on adding two new races, one of which will be Kobolds, along with tons of new technologies, a better battle system, more resources, and other stuff.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 27, 2012, 12:52:07 am »

Playable Soramander faction! Horses! Easier steel production! A human-exclusive tech!

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 27, 2012, 12:56:36 am »

Playable Soramander faction!
A Necromancer civ does sound fun, but IDK how I would make that work or how I would keep it being awesome without making it OP. I'll try to figure something out though.

Horses! Easier steel production!
Noted.

A human-exclusive tech!
I think what I'm going to do is make humans vital to Mithril production. Either the humans will smelt the bars and the elves will forge the end product or vice versa.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 27, 2012, 01:17:38 am »

Necromancy - 15 research points
Allows you to constrct graveyards. Once a graveyard is built, one population can work the graveyard to kill another of your populations and turn them into an undead army. Undead armies do not need food, cannot cross water and cannot be disbanded.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 27, 2012, 01:23:17 am »

I love it, but I want magic to feel a bit more magical than that. I do like the mechanics you proposed, but I don't want you to just be able to research Necromancy. Maybe you get it from an artifact or something? The original idea of it being a civilization would actually work nicely here because it wouldn't require an explanation; you're just a necromancer. But then again if you're a necromancer why do you have a civilian population?

Ship of Freaks

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Matilda
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 27, 2012, 08:51:34 am »

a while before, i was thinking that if we ever defeated grek, we (corai and i) could make peace with each other, and achieve prosperity in harmony and cooperation instead of immediately turning on each other as the game seems to necessitate (then i thought, "why couldn't we do that right now with grek?", but i supposed he could never give up in such a boring way, especially not when victory seemed so close.). but i wonder, would that have been a legitimate end to the game?
They are all one and the same. They are all Grek.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 27, 2012, 10:04:47 am »

a while before, i was thinking that if we ever defeated grek, we (corai and i) could make peace with each other, and achieve prosperity in harmony and cooperation instead of immediately turning on each other as the game seems to necessitate (then i thought, "why couldn't we do that right now with grek?", but i supposed he could never give up in such a boring way, especially not when victory seemed so close.). but i wonder, would that have been a legitimate end to the game?
You seem to forget that the name of the game is High Fantasy Conquest. If you could "win" just by allying with the other empires, then that could allow for some very boring games. So no that would not be a legitimate end. That time of peace would inevitably come to an end and the humans and dwarves would be at war eventually.

Ship of Freaks

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Matilda
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 27, 2012, 10:09:39 am »

You seem to forget that the name of the game is High Fantasy Conquest. If you could "win" just by allying with the other empires, then that could allow for some very boring games. So no that would not be a legitimate end. That time of peace would inevitably come to an end and the humans and dwarves would be at war eventually.
:P

i figured as much, but it feels like it would have been weird if we just decided "ok, now its time to turn on each other".
They are all one and the same. They are all Grek.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 27, 2012, 06:05:23 pm »

Game two, IT BEGINS!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]