Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!  (Read 19093 times)

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
Re: Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2012, 04:17:48 am »

Can we get a save? :P

Seconded

Ill post the save when ive got the manufacturing facilitys up and running. But since your asking for one now ill post up a version that hasent finished it yet, so to get the bolts youll need to manually dump bolts outside and wait for the vile dust cloud to drift over them. To prove the effects of the dust youll need to sacrafice something living -i suggest getting a copy of the save and using the millatery- then quickly veiwing their wound descriptions, but it shouldnt be too hard.

Concerning water, its all accessed by a well, no physical contact between dwarves and water pools is currently possible. theres no mist generators in the fortress for that reason as well, since once it gets on the floor itll be a death trap for anything without shoes.

Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6766

Ill load up another version once ive got the process of making the bolts 'safely' built :)
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

omg_scout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 05:45:43 am »

Great idea;)

Very dwarfy

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2012, 11:56:32 am »

So...HOW are you making the tainted bolts, again?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2012, 12:25:49 pm »

So...HOW are you making the tainted bolts, again?
Throw them out in the open and hope an eerie glowing mist rolls by

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2012, 01:30:01 pm »

Basicaly that :) if i was feeling really dwarfy ide try make a bolt spraying tower using minecart railguns and spray the map with bolts, sending workers out to retreive them when theyde been coated.

Update:

Alls going well, im having a massive child boom, and of course some of them are walking into the dust splatters outside. Currently working on providing clothing for near 200 dwarves and to burry those whove come into contact with the dust.

The first known survivor has emerged: Olon The blacksmith managed to get some dust on his right eyelid, spread alf the fortress in blood and then heal up. So it would seem so long as its not on a major blood vessel area, it isent fatal.
Observations about the Vile dust of beastdiamonds: It rots none dwarves for some reason. may not rot sentient races, but every animal or forgotten beast that survives long enought experiences the afflicted limb rotting. Apart from Olon who seems to be perfectly fine despite having an eyelid coated in deadly poison, all other contaminated individuals die.
Number of forgotten beasts killed via VD bolt: 4
Goblin seiges: 1 -unfortunately , we didnt get to test the bolts against goblins in a live setting due to there leaders mount running away from an unreachable dog sentinal above the entrance, However we do have goblin captives now who ill save up untill the bolts are coated, dig out an arena and show some live testing :)
Also a barony now.

The bolt manufacturing room is built, ill wait till i get a cloud about to go over it before i save and put the file up for everyone.

-Not attempting the tower, at leats not yet, due to the fact i dont know how to do railguns propperly. this was a science fort afterall :) -

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2012, 11:33:53 pm »

bump?

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2012, 05:19:42 am »

Update: the coating pits are dug out around the map edges, just filling them with bolts now. I need to make a retreival room, but it should be done shortly. Once its set up and i get a coated pit full of bolts and they are retreived, ill save, upload and share :)
Theres a healthy supply of goblin prisoners for you to muck about with, the population is very high though so lower end machines may chug a little.

Dwarven testing with children is advised. since there is 73 of them in a fortress of 223 :P -thats a good old 150 adults, so over 1 in 4 is a child-
No wait. 224. another was just born :/

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2012, 06:23:28 am »

My Arousal: IT CANNOT BE QUANTIFIED

Xob Ludosmbax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2012, 06:48:00 am »

If you want to minimize risk to your dwarves, you can use retracting bridges to drop the coated bolts into a covered retrieval pit, or even an ammo stockpile.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2012, 09:42:43 am »

If you want to minimize risk to your dwarves, you can use retracting bridges to drop the coated bolts into a covered retrieval pit, or even an ammo stockpile.

Minimize risk? what is this elf concept of which you speak?

Though in all seriousness, the clouds are not fast nor frequet enought for it to be hard to retreive or place all the bolts in the pits. The current design works well, and has already done a few pits worth of bolts :) so i shall be uploading the save at the end of this post.

The bolts that are coated are all set to be dump in a collection square. None are assigned to crossbow dwarves yet and youll need to tinker with it for it for them to pick up the correct bolts -after theyve finished dumping the rest and you can unforbid them for collection-. also: allot of stuff is being retreived from the surface, since a seige got wiped out due to a Vile Dust cloud sweeping across the map. if you want to use the fort over a prolonged time: make sure to make shoes. Or else they will all die horribly :D the snow outside of the fort entrance got coated by a blizzard man -they are all dead now, bar 1 i keep as a pet in a cage, interestingly, if you coat them in the dust and set them to attack an unarmoured foe, hell transmit the Vile dust to them ^^-

Also of note: none of the levers are marked. Good luck ^^

Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6781
Enjoy :)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 09:49:33 am by Karakzon »

Hurize

• Bay Watcher
  • Awesome God of Mass Destruction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2012, 05:16:37 pm »

Bump
The amount of malice in this thread is actually causing me some concern. I mean, chaining up mothers and forcing them to breed, just so we can drown their children to harvest their organs? Does this strike no one else as absolutely horrific?
You misspelled 'hilarious'
Pages: 1 [2]