Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!  (Read 19105 times)

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile

Greetings dear dwarves!
Today the dwarves of Beastdiamond would like to introduce you to our latest innovation! The Bolts of Exsanguination.
Upon lodging into the flesh of your target, the secret (Vile Dust) ingrediant gets to work! within a few minutes it will rupture the subjects ectodermic layer and force their blood to leave their bodys in an energetic shower of blood. This wonder ingrediant (Vile Dust) even forces the targets blood out of their hair! Death occurs in utter agony in under a minute or your money back!
Disclaimer* This product works only against opponents with a circulatory system. if unsure of targets anatomy, damage and see if it bleeds. The producers (The Godly lenses) are not responsable for any deaths caused by contact with the secret ingrediant (tm) Nor the deaths of any animals or children who come into contact with residual resedue on their feet or if shot with said bolt. Upon contact with Vile dust, wash off imediatly or suffer a fast and excruciating death. Results with forgotten beasts may vary.

Production procedures leaked by an unhappy and since deceased laborer, found on a journel under a corpse devoid of blood with lacerations and ruptures across his back:

The Vile dust is a natural phenomina of this Terrifying Glacier. we were sent here to just found an outpost here at beastdiamond all quiet like to conduct some !!SCIENCE!! concerning the undead and minecart railguns. Top secret, very hush hush. The Allied Trades had been at war with several goblin factions on and off for the past hundred years. While we flourished, the king decreed a more ingenious device be manufactured for the disposal of our foes. tested on zombie corpses for full effectiveness.

Well. someone did their scouting wrong. Very wrong. This land dosent raise the dead, no, it adds to their number. Every corpse that litters the outside is devoid of blood, as if they had burst like a melon. Somehow we discoverd these properties when bolts that had been blown about in an evil dust cloud were retrieved. Before the deaths were too fast and obscured to really tell the process of death. Once we had the bolts, anything that had one lodge in them died horribly, but quickly. -Effective against one limb at a time presumed, the dust only affects that which it coats- This proved to be true even on a forgotten beast blood sucker. Ill never quite get the image out of my mind of that thing feeding on dwarves as its blood and its meal erupred from its legs and abdomen before it was put down.
It dosent appear to affect things without any blood though. The Blizzard man -made of ice- walked through those clouds and came out looking like a pink snowman. Thankfully he didnt spread it onto anyone. The dust dosent seem to be able to get through clothing, but animals who walk in it were the blizzard man has trailed it in the snow die horribly.... Its so cruel journal, i cant stand the screams...

Soon enought, we tried manufacturing more of these bolts. Building a secured area on the surface with fortifications and raisable bridges, we began systematically coating our bolts for all uses. Thats when we were seiged by goblins. The cloud destroyed them in one passing, they had dwarven turncoats. Oh armok the screams! I need to get out of this place before that happens to me journel.

I wont let it happen to me! even though were underground we get sent up to retreive the goods from the caravans that die here. Yesterday i saw Urist die by this vile dust. I cant stand this. The dwarves at the mountainhomes need to know what horrors are used to manufacture these weapons.... Ill try my luck tonight. If im carefull, maybe the guards wont notice me sneaking out. Since the manufacture began its been a once in you stay in policy. To keep this horrible secret.

The journal is coated in a pink dust. Your hands begin to swell rappidly with intense pain and pressure.

-Creative license, but this Vile dust does exist, and ill post my fort up once ive masterd the manufacture process to show you the results, this terryfing biomes cloud has given me the weapon to put down a forgotten beast with a single bolt, since anything that gets the dust on it will bleed out rappidly as if their blood was pressurized, and any bolt lodged into a creature will transfer some of what evers on it to them-
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 05:20:24 pm »

Someone has weaponized a nonhusking cloud.... And it's the most badass weaponization ever.

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
  • Infernally rotten to the gore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 05:39:06 pm »

Totally awesome, so it makes them explode in gore?
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYE

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 05:41:15 pm »

Someone has weaponized a nonhusking cloud.... And it's the most badass weaponization ever.
Animal men were weaponizing syndromes before it went mainstream 8)

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 05:44:13 pm »

Totally awesome, so it makes them explode in gore?

Not gore. Their bodys -apart from the ruptures from the blood leaving- are completely intact :) so in the case of the forgotten beast i shot with these things before i knew they carried the dust on them, it made it bleed out through the legs and abdomen -several ichor pools made by spurting forgotten beast ichor- and i was able to butcher it for 253 meat, which is perfectly safe to eat ^^

The Dust has so far shown a 100% fatality rate for anything with blood/ichor.

I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 05:48:54 pm »

I have railguns that can gibbed enemies provided they hit something solid after the slug hits if you prefer gore. Otherwise this is like.... The perfect crossbow sniper's ammo.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 05:54:10 pm »

Ah, Good old bioweaponry. Looks like the heads have been coated with deadly contact dusts. I've done similar, using plaguebearers from Masterwork, but yours is certainly more effective. I am currently working on weaponizing a deadly dust FB, who dust cause immediate swelling of all bodily tissues until you explode in a shower of gore, in about 250 phases.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 06:00:53 pm »

Wonderful. DF has confirmed that somewhere in it's RAWs it contains my favourite spell from the BoVD. Alright babbies. Lets take this a step further. Is this now THE way to convert an entire fort into vampires if you are lucky enough to have it? I think OP should test this.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 06:02:50 pm »

Your civ is called The Allied Trades? The civ I use in my current world is called The Strapping Trades!

Also, does Ice retain any extracts that were in it when it was frozen?
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2012, 07:44:10 pm »

Are your haulers/marksdwarves wearing gloves?

I've experimented with full-body bleeding syndromes in the past, and they can kill faster than the often-used paralysis suffocation syndrome.

At this point, I'd be careful to prevent your fort's water sources from being contaminated with the extract.

Hurize

• Bay Watcher
  • Awesome God of Mass Destruction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2012, 07:49:26 pm »

Long Sexy Post Here

I guess you could say he got
(>-_-)>O-O
(O-O)
POWNED LIKE A BOSS
The amount of malice in this thread is actually causing me some concern. I mean, chaining up mothers and forcing them to breed, just so we can drown their children to harvest their organs? Does this strike no one else as absolutely horrific?
You misspelled 'hilarious'

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2012, 08:20:24 pm »

Ah, syndrome bolts. Brilliant. ;D

..I must try this with my husk dust.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2012, 08:59:53 pm »

Can we get a save? :P

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2012, 10:32:20 pm »

Actually, it just occured to me that your dwarves never actually touch the bolts with their bare hands, programming-wise. (Hauled) items are funny like that - dwarves can haul minecarts full of magma, but get burned if they pick it up with a hand. The marksdwarves likewise transfer bolts directly into their quivers, and then shoot them from the quiver. As long as the quivers don't get contaminated, this should be safe.
Pages: [1] 2