Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Howling (Werewolf Suggestion Game)  (Read 1547 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Howling (Werewolf Suggestion Game)
« on: June 22, 2013, 09:59:55 pm »

I just wanted to start a werewolf suggestion game for the sake of it. Plus, it's summer! Which means I can actually run games, so I'm going to make the most out of it (unless I get lazy, which is probably going to happen halfway through the vacation).
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You are a recently turned werewolf. Not like Twilight werewolves; your form morphs into a large-looking man with fur all around the body, your hands grow into large paws with scything claws at the end. Your legs become twisted and you are able to run faster. Your nose combines with your mouth and elongates, turning into a short snout. Your teeth become jagged and sharp, and your eyes are able to see perfectly in the dark.

You only turn once during the full moon, or if you complete a special ritual. You have to learn this ritual later on, as it is a greatly-guarded secret. There are not many werewolves in the world, and the only way to make them is not through a bite, but through same ritual. Werewolf children also turn, but only after they have killed an innocent and drink their blood. A few werewolves join packs, most go alone. Some create bands of human bandits to hunt food for them in exchange for protection.

Every month you must consume 420kg of food, or 5 grown men. This does not require you to be turned; in fact, you can only fill your stomach with one man in wolf form. You need to kill and eat others in human form as well. You must also drink blood. You can eat normal food, but this is a farce as it does not nourish you. You are not immortal; you can drown, be killed with weapons, and die of hunger. You can prolong your lifespan by performing a different ritual.

This is a suggestion game; so there are no individual characters. First, create the main character we will be following:

Name:
Appearance: (Human appearance)
Bio: (Short story of how you were turned.)

Area: (A fictional or real place)
Era: (What age the game will be set: medieval, modern, futuristic, etc.)
Wolf Spirit: (The wolf that was spliced into your soul. Describe its appearance, etc. They are normal wolves, not intelligent beings with emotions)

Combat will use d20. Basic rolls for attacks and stuff. Chunky salsa system. You can regenerate body parts when you turn. One game round will be a week. I will determine when that round is a full moon round. If it is, you can choose to roll to suppress the change. Or, you can choose to let it out. You can choose a goal of what to do while you're turned. Roll while you're turning to see if you can control what your beast form does. If it works, you can do what you wanted to do. If it doesn't, you go wild and attack anything nearby and automatically look for targets to feed.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Howling (Werewolf Suggestion Game)
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 10:32:17 pm »

Name: Rosa Galeri
Appearance: Auburn hair falls down her back, halfway to her hips. Her face sports some freckels around and on her nose, with her green eyes complimenting her overall appearance. Her body is more on the frail, childish side - a fact that even during her latest years did not change all that much.

Bio: Born to a line of patricians, Rosa has enjoyed a rather wealthy lifestyle. Little did she know that even in this elite body of goverment, there excists an upper echelon, binding themselves by the way of the werewolves. Or did it start the other way around? Noone alive can tell anymore. Fact is that her elder brother - and sole heir to the Galeri fortune - was deemed far too frail for the Ritual. High set on the family not loosing their spot in the upper elite, her father Giuseppe let her be turned instead. It was done so a week ago, and now the moon is about to complete its cycle.

Area: Republic of Venice
Era: Renessaince
Wolf Spirit: Even while on all fours, this being would reach a grown man to his chest. Beige-brownish fur, with a tint of hazel engulfs the form of this mighty beast, the glint in its moss-green eyes not belitteling the natural shrewdness hidden within.