Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134

Author Topic: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!  (Read 357175 times)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!
« Reply #1965 on: June 02, 2013, 09:09:14 pm »

Continue down the hallway, tapping the sword on the ground and walls every couple steps to check for traps.

((Yay! It's not dead!))
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: June 03, 2013, 12:56:21 am »

Follow behind with enough distance to maybe avoid potential traps ( huzzah it's alive! )
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
  • This person is quite mad. Enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: June 05, 2013, 03:03:38 pm »

You are both able to reach the end of the hallway without incident. There are two largely identical doors side by side.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 03:05:43 pm by greymountain_Sage »
"There are no traps in this roo-"
-Last words of an impatient adventurer.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: June 05, 2013, 06:02:17 pm »

Find something suitably heavy and throw it at the door on the right while standing a bit back. If nothing is available, fire arrows into it. If nothing death-causing comes out, then enter.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: June 06, 2013, 12:16:51 am »

Bodycheck the door on the left as hard as I can.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: June 06, 2013, 02:53:31 pm »

Find something suitably heavy and throw it at the door on the right while standing a bit back. If nothing is available, fire arrows into it. If nothing death-causing comes out, then enter.
Hurling a few loose stones at the door, you find that nothing happens. Hesitantly, you pull the door open, revealing a plain 10 by 10 room. On the opposite wall is another door.
Bodycheck the door on the left as hard as I can.
The door slams open, sending you flying into the room. It is a plain 10 by 10 room with another door on the wall opposite. It is noteworthy that while this room seems identical to the one flameboy is in, they are different rooms.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: June 06, 2013, 09:02:23 pm »

Open the new door carefully staying as far away from the open part as I can just in case it's some sort of teleporter or something (I wouldn't put it past acerak.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: June 06, 2013, 10:42:49 pm »

Rock->Door

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: June 11, 2013, 06:56:05 pm »

Open the new door carefully staying as far away from the open part as I can just in case it's some sort of teleporter or something (I wouldn't put it past acerak.
The door opens without incident, revealing a 10 foot wide, 20 foot long corridor ending in a blank stone wall.
Rock->Door
Rocks bounce off the door, causing no explosions, nudity, teleporting, death, destruction, gender-swapping, or other strange occurrences.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: June 11, 2013, 07:42:09 pm »

Tap the stone wall with my sword and see if it's hollow.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: June 11, 2013, 08:04:45 pm »

Stand off to one side and use the sword to gently open it. If this proves impossible, do so normally while standing as far away as possible.

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: June 11, 2013, 08:10:18 pm »

Tap the stone wall with my sword and see if it's hollow.
You tap the tip of your sword against the wall and find that the wall gives way like putty, allowing the weapon to slide into the stone. After a moment, you realize that while it is perfectly possible to push the sword farther in, it seems stuck in the wall, and cannot be pulled out.
Stand off to one side and use the sword to gently open it. If this proves impossible, do so normally while standing as far away as possible.
Behind this door, you find a 10 by 20 foot corridor leading to a blank stone wall.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: June 11, 2013, 08:20:12 pm »

Take an arrow from my quiver and push it as far into the wall at the end of the corridor as possible without touching my hand to the wall.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: June 11, 2013, 10:09:52 pm »

(Please tell me that wasn't the magical sword... if it was go back and grab the OTHER magic longsword and the magical spear) and try to pry out the first sword with the spear.

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: June 11, 2013, 10:20:08 pm »

Take an arrow from my quiver and push it as far into the wall at the end of the corridor as possible without touching my hand to the wall.
The arrow pushes into the wall same as the sword, and just like the sword, it seems impossible to remove.
(Please tell me that wasn't the magical sword... if it was go back and grab the OTHER magic longsword and the magical spear) and try to pry out the first sword with the spear.
It was, actually. You return to the vault and pick up the other sword and spear. Prying, unfortunately, is difficult. Attempts to peel the sword free with the spear is incredibly difficult, since using the wall for leverage only results in the tip of the spear getting lodged in the wall, and further driving the sword in.
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134