Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 134

Author Topic: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!  (Read 356737 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: NOT THAT KIND OF GAME
« Reply #495 on: September 07, 2012, 09:39:11 am »

Stay in the chapel/try and gather the party together.

Sticks with Redd T. Shir. Also, OMIGOD MY EYEBROWS, MY BEAUTIFUL EYEBROWS! Someone should probably heal Midna.

Seeing as herding the rest of the adventures together is going to be nigh-on impossible, you quickly give up. Plus Hans is starting to make you feel uncomfortable, what with all of this breast clutching.

I suppose the next thing to do would be to enter the boring hallway, check the hall and door for traps, then enter that door.
Sword still in hand.

"Activating Mourning Mode. Wah, wah, wah. Mourning complete. This unit will now commence searching the tomb in order to fulfill high priority objective: saving the family restaurant/dojo." Kadbot will then wordlessly join Wall in searching the boring hallway.

[14] Finding no traps, Kadbot and Wall creep down the boring hallway, and open the door.

The room beyond is twenty feet by thirty feet, with a little ten by ten alcove in the middle of the eastern edge to connect with the boring hallway. Besides a door on the southern wall and its odd layout, the room is as boring as the hallway was.

: AGNS opens the gold chest.

I hope you like vipers...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Found something"

Get someone over here, and investigate the secret tunnel.

As nobody seems to be interested, you investigate the secret tunnel by yourself. Well, it's less of a tunnel and more of a ten by ten room. An empty, ten by ten room.

This small chamber is empty of scent, stain, or decor. Only the dense layer of dust reveals the uncounted years since any moved through this chamber since the present.

Except for the secret door behind you, the room has no apparent exits. As you step into the chamber, you hear a faint clicking sound, a bit like somebody reloading a crossbow.

Go get a wizard to heal me, but in any case, leave the room completely.

With Urist dead, the only mage left able to cure wounds is Gramjir. Thus you head into the altar room to get some free healing.

[17] 1 healing

It'd be pretty spiffy if someone could heal me. Also, since Hans is apparently not willing to go back through the orange gate, I'll go through it, and investigate the area past it thoroughly. This better be worth it.

[17] Gramjir must have taken a multiclass as a pocket cleric recently, as he wanders over to patch you up. 2 healing

* MaximumZero  reads his character sheet
((Items? I need only Burning Hatred and Furious Anger.))

Head toward the Altar in search of battle.
You know what? I have no idea what the hell's going on, but I see a lady going into a dangerous looking place alone.

Follow Midna.

Midna, thus healed, goes through the orange archway with MaximumClone1 close behind.

(You'd better put on a shirt first, or roll well on that Fortitude save.)
(I am MADE of Fortitude!)

Unfortunately for both of our heroes, the saving throw is based on willpower.

Animate any intact corpses of deceased comrades! I require more minions!

[17] Since you're not crazy enough to go for the bodies in the laboratory, you raise the bodies of Kadzar III, Sir Gadarin of the Azure Fist and Urist Mcderm, thus giving you three zombie minions!

Spoiler: Brave Adventurers (click to show/hide)

Thanks for all the images!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 07, 2012, 09:51:31 am »

I live through traps, magic archway death traps and dart explosions to be killed by a snake loot mad man just as I leave the room to go mess with gender bending portals 
"Sigh" this is like dwarf fortress
I make a new character soon
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 10:19:43 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 07, 2012, 10:24:24 am »

Well, crap. That didn't work out as I intended.

Map the area we've come into through the gate. Seek clothes and/or armor.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
  • This person is quite mad. Enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 07, 2012, 10:47:56 am »

Wall expresses serious disappointment at the lack of crushable things, muttering to himself as he explores the boring room connected to the boring hallway.
Wall then searches the southern door for traps and, if it's safe, opens it.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 11:03:58 am by greymountain_Sage »
"There are no traps in this roo-"
-Last words of an impatient adventurer.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 07, 2012, 11:17:10 am »

((Oi! Where's my extra health point that I just got back?))

Head back to the red sphere room and tap the crystal chest with the very end of my pole, to test for traps. The length of the pole should protect me from anything nasty, or at least lessen the damage.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 07, 2012, 11:28:29 am »

And to think, I'd just shaved this thing off. Acererak, you're a monster... and by monster I mean a minor inconvenience. Doesn't mean I'm still not going to smash your demilich teeth in when I find you.

Anyway, it's time to investigate the room. I'll look high and low for something, anything to make this worthwhile. And if I don't find anything, I'll investigate again. Because screw you dungeon.

EDIT:
Everybody was probably wondering what the first willpower save was for, right? Well, it just so happens to change your alignment!

Okay, okay, that's a completely useless trap, even if we were playing proper D&D (for any class that's not a cleric or paladin or something). So instead of that... how about your class changes?

Well, a cruel DM could rule that a character becoming evil meant the DM could control them briefly as foes, until the character A) got themselves incapacitated and woke up with a better grip on their new alignment, or B) the curse or whatever got removed by magic. Oh, or if the party decided to kill the character, it would probably end too.

Still, alignment has always seemed like a cop out to me, so I like this interpretation.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 11:35:37 am by Solifuge »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 07, 2012, 11:35:18 am »

Ignore this double post.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: September 07, 2012, 12:49:59 pm »

Lolz, MZ is also a girl rogue now. What did ya'll expect to happen? :P

Also, HA MIDNA! WHO'S GOT THE BOOBS NOW?!?

Ahem. With that out of the way, I must ask, "So... None of the treasue chests had anything in them except for a crystal box with a key in it? And a shitpile of traps?"

Look at the map. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 07, 2012, 01:03:32 pm »

Kadbot will help search the door to the best of his Battlechefy abilities, then prepare to attack anything that comes out of the door when Wall opens it.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 07, 2012, 02:17:04 pm »

Also, HA MIDNA! WHO'S GOT THE BOOBS NOW?!?

Eh, I'll just track down a Wizard who can remove curses once we make it out... and until then I just have to trim the whiskers a little more often.

Dwarven Vow #24. Never let your feet get ahead of your shoes.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 07, 2012, 02:47:19 pm »

Brecan shall poke about the Altar room, looking for anything that's hidden. Whilst muttering to himself in a pretentious french accent.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 02:53:38 pm by Vorthon »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: September 07, 2012, 04:58:11 pm »

Map the area we've come into through the gate. Seek clothes and/or armor.

The area is ten feet by ten feet, and completely devoid of clothing/armour of any kind. If you want to do some mapping yell at Lich180 or something.

Wall expresses serious disappointment at the lack of crushable things, muttering to himself as he explores the boring room connected to the boring hallway.
Wall then searches the southern door for traps and, if it's safe, opens it.

Kadbot will help search the door to the best of his Battlechefy abilities, then prepare to attack anything that comes out of the door when Wall opens it.

[12] [17] As Kadbot and Wall finding no traps on the door, they open it, ready for anything.

Head back to the red sphere room and tap the crystal chest with the very end of my pole, to test for traps. The length of the pole should protect me from anything nasty, or at least lessen the damage.

[16 + 5] Your pole activates no traps on the crystal chest/box.

And to think, I'd just shaved this thing off. Acererak, you're a monster... and by monster I mean a minor inconvenience. Doesn't mean I'm still not going to smash your demilich teeth in when I find you.

Anyway, it's time to investigate the room. I'll look high and low for something, anything to make this worthwhile. And if I don't find anything, I'll investigate again. Because screw you dungeon.

[13] [8] [5] [7] [18] [2] If anything, and I mean anything, existed in this room, you would have found it by now. Acererak is truly the trolliest of dungeon builders.

Look at the map. :P

What map?

Brecan shall poke about the Altar room, looking for anything that's hidden. Whilst muttering to himself in a pretentious french accent.

Muttering to himself in his French accent (which the DM refuses to do), Brecan starts searching the altar room.

[15 + 5] Gazooks! On the eastern wall is a tiny slot, large enough for a gold coin or inquiring finger. Imagine something like the coin slot for a vending machine, except instead of dispensing refreshing drinks it gives you horrible death or something. Above this slot is the letter 'O', faintly painted on the wall.

Spoiler: Brave Adventurers (click to show/hide)

((Oi! Where's my extra health point that I just got back?))

Whoops. Fixed.

Everybody was probably wondering what the first willpower save was for, right? Well, it just so happens to change your alignment!

Okay, okay, that's a completely useless trap, even if we were playing proper D&D (for any class that's not a cleric or paladin or something). So instead of that... how about your class changes?

Well, a cruel DM could rule that a character becoming evil meant the DM could control them briefly as foes, until the character A) got themselves incapacitated and woke up with a better grip on their new alignment, or B) the curse or whatever got removed by magic. Oh, or if the party decided to kill the character, it would probably end too.

Still, alignment has always seemed like a cop out to me, so I like this interpretation.

Well the archway doesn't turn you crazy or anything, and when you're outnumbered by the good guys and stuck in a horrible death trap with no (apparent) way out, you would have to be a complete idiot to turn on your friends, so having the character turn into a monster is a stupid idea. Plus it would just interfere with the whole gender-bending properties of the archway. :P

Ahem. With that out of the way, I must ask, "So... None of the treasue chests had anything in them except for a crystal box with a key in it? And a shitpile of traps?"

Actually it's a ring, not a key. But yeah, the ring was the only treasure unless somebody wants to pick up all the darts or pry off the fittings of the chests.

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
  • This person is quite mad. Enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: September 07, 2012, 05:10:39 pm »

Wall ignores the boring room and hits the gargoyle with his sword as many times as possible, yelling "YAY!" in a giddy, childlike way as he finally gets to show off his combat prowess.
"There are no traps in this roo-"
-Last words of an impatient adventurer.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 07, 2012, 05:27:21 pm »

I stay AWAY from the Portal, and help investigate the mysterious O on the wall.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 07, 2012, 05:37:20 pm »

Brecan shall try to find something to put in the slot!
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 134