Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 134

Author Topic: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!  (Read 357064 times)

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
  • This person is quite mad. Enjoy it.
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Back to your Regularly Scheduled Horrors
« Reply #570 on: September 13, 2012, 11:22:23 am »

[2 + 5] Did I mention that the gargoyle has a gem-encrusted collar? I thought I did. You also find two other doors, one occupying the south-eastern wall in the gargoyle room (next to the southern door), and one on the western wall of the next room. Whoops. I probably shouldn't be posting these things while I'm tired.
OOOooooo, shiny. Javier slips the collar off and examines it, then searches the Doors for traps. Assuming he finds nothing, he opens the southeastern door and searches that room.
"There are no traps in this roo-"
-Last words of an impatient adventurer.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 13, 2012, 02:28:54 pm »

If Javier opens the southeastern door, Kadbot will head over to offer backup. If he finds traps, Kadbot will stay right where he is.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: September 13, 2012, 02:35:22 pm »

LOOT TIME! Brecan shall search diligently for loot as well.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: September 13, 2012, 02:50:18 pm »

Go to the slot and push some of the rope in to see what happens. (Nikolai)
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: September 13, 2012, 03:10:10 pm »

Midna is going to go collect Rupert from wherever he was left in the Orb Chamber, and is going to head back to Badend for some new clothing and gear.

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: September 13, 2012, 03:33:59 pm »

Midna is going to go collect Rupert from wherever he was left in the Orb Chamber, and is going to head back to Badend for some new clothing and gear.

Javier will offer his spare clothes and sword, as he prefers to have lots of fighters around so he doesn't die.
Also because he secretly finds the idea of a dwarf in his remarkably foppish attire incredibly amusing, but mostly the not dying thing.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 13, 2012, 03:42:14 pm »

Javier will offer his spare clothes and sword, as he prefers to have lots of fighters around so he doesn't die.
Also because he secretly finds the idea of a dwarf in his remarkably foppish attire incredibly amusing, but mostly the not dying thing.

Thanks, this makes things much easier.

Midna accepts the clothes and sword, and heads back to Badend to sell them for new gear.

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 13, 2012, 03:48:23 pm »

Midna accepts the clothes and sword, and heads back to Badend to sell them for new gear.

I... can't believe I didn't see that coming.
Oh well, back to searching for secret doors and deadly traps. Repeatedly, just in case.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 13, 2012, 04:24:30 pm »

Hellz yeah! We ganked that little brainbug!
Find the phat lewt the wee beasty was hiding! (Search for containers, then search the containers for traps twice)

LOOT TIME! Brecan shall search diligently for loot as well.

Luckily the GHNS already searched the room before he died, and was nice enough to put all of the loot in a nice little pile. As a refresher, the pile contains a bagful of gems and three healing potions. Divide them up as you see fit.

If you're wondering, the brain's container contained nothing of value. Well, to you that is. To the brain its contents were quite valuable.

Head into the ruin tomb cave deathtrap and meet up with the gargoyle breaking group. Heal their injures.

Everybody in the gargoyle room is nice and healthy, but you wander into it anyways, just for fun.

Right... This might be a bit tricky...

Examine the secret door closely for traps and switches. Do so multiple times.

[8 + 5] [13 + 5] [16 + 5] You detect no traps or switches of any kind.

[2 + 5] Did I mention that the gargoyle has a gem-encrusted collar? I thought I did. You also find two other doors, one occupying the south-eastern wall in the gargoyle room (next to the southern door), and one on the western wall of the next room. Whoops. I probably shouldn't be posting these things while I'm tired.
OOOooooo, shiny. Javier slips the collar off and examines it, then searches the Doors for traps. Assuming he finds nothing, he opens the southeastern door and searches that room.

The collar is studded with 10 brilliant blue gems, but that's not the most interesting thing about the collar. On the back of it is a secret compartment, which contains a slip of paper. Unfortunately you can't read the writing on the paper, mostly because your eye slides off of it whenever you do so.

If Javier opens the southeastern door, Kadbot will head over to offer backup. If he finds traps, Kadbot will stay right where he is.

Pocketing the collar and the mysterious piece of paper, you search the doors for traps.

[19 + 5] Finding none, you open the south-eastern door, with Kadbot closely on your heels.

This small chamber is empty of scent, stain, or decor. Only the dense layer of dust reveals the uncounted years since any moved through this chamber since the present.

The room is 10 feet by 10 feet, and has no other entrances/exits. As you enter the room, you distinctly hear the sound of a crossbow cocking.

Go to the slot and push some of the rope in to see what happens. (Nikolai)

You insert a bit of rope into the slot, but nothing happens.

Unless I'm completely missing something, Javier doesn't have a spare sword, but you accept his spare clothes graciously. Technically you don't have to pawn them at Badend though, since the party has already established a credit system with them or something (mostly so that I don't have to figure out item costs).

I'm just going to assume that you're buying your default weapons/armour, but if you want to buy some items while you're in the village you're going to have to specify them.

Spoiler: Brave Adventurers (click to show/hide)

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 13, 2012, 04:32:04 pm »

Brecan shall run to Kazard and mention the the O above the slot in the altar room, and suggest sticking his ring in the slot.

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 13, 2012, 04:56:07 pm »

Well crap.
Okay, Hand mystery paper to nearest mage and say "This thing is freaking me out. Do something Magicky with it." Then search the new room thoroughly for traps and/or secret doors.
Disable secret doors and open traps. WAIT! Strike that, Reverse it.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 13, 2012, 05:05:31 pm »

Follow Greymountain and check things as well, and try to make sure nothing will activate and send us both to the afterlife.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: September 13, 2012, 05:28:44 pm »

The room is 10 feet by 10 feet, and has no other entrances/exits. As you enter the room, you distinctly hear the sound of a crossbow cocking.

Kadbot runs back to the previous room.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 13, 2012, 05:34:15 pm »

: AGNS searches for secret doors five times over. Because he showed that little brain punk how it's done.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 13, 2012, 05:56:37 pm »

I... can't believe I didn't see that coming.
Oh well, back to searching for secret doors and deadly traps. Repeatedly, just in case.

I lol'd
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 134