Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 134

Author Topic: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!  (Read 356849 times)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Now with guest GM!
« Reply #705 on: September 20, 2012, 05:37:10 am »

I follow the group and cast detect magic around trying to be helpful
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: September 20, 2012, 05:47:33 am »

Search the entire west side of the pit by pushing, sliding, tapping, kicking, and many other verbs!
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: September 20, 2012, 07:35:44 am »

RedWarrior0, do you want to describe the next room, or shall I?
Go fer it.

Alright then. The room that Maximum has so badassily entered is twenty feet by ten feet, and has that pesky 10 by 10 pit trap on the eastern side. It also has two doors, the one that was recently kicked open on its eastern side, and another, unopened door on its western side.

Shout "TRY BREAKING IT" to the people with the archway problem.

Unless you have lungs of steel powerful enough to yell through a corridor, a chapel and an incredibly convoluted tunnel, I don't think that they can hear you.

Return to MZ quickly!

I feel like I'm always rushing to save people from certain doom.
Watch the pit trap!

Watches for the pit trap, tries not to fall in. :P

Bugger. I was hoping that you would fall in.

You rush to MaximumClone1's aid, despite the fact that she is perfectly fine. Maybe you want to give her moral support or something, I don't know. Anyways you successfully navigate the dangers of the pit trap (somehow) and run to Maximum's side, helping her get to her feet or something.

Oh good, I was getting sensory overload from that 30 foot room.
Search the room for traps and doors. Disarm traps.
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that this room has another trick door that's hard to open, so when I find that, I'm gonna fall to my knees and let loose all the most horrible curse words the Drow language has to offer before I start sliding, pushing, and pulling.

After saying as many Drowish curse words as you can remember (which is surprisingly few. Drows tend to be more... physical), you do the old routine.

[17 + 5] Crossbow trap is disabled.

[11 + 5] And a secret door is discovered on the northern side of the wall. *Yawn* You don't have very far to go now.

Seeing that he and Karas have now tried all possible permutations of pushing the stones, Kadbot will try walking through the archway to see if the freaking thing even does anything.

Technically the Warforged are unliving constructs... but I'd rather not have you bypass 90% of the dangerous traps in the dungeon so... Remember what happened to Midna? Well after passing through the archway you find yourself back in the entrance to the dungeon, but sans equipment and items. At least you don't have to worry too much about being nude.

Look into the pit on the other side of the door carefully and if it looks empty, poke my stick into it to see if it's actually real or hiding anything via illusion.

I'm assuming that you're talking about the pit that Maximum just found, so...

[16 + 5] You find nothing with your 10 foot pole, neither illusions or something else.

I follow the group and cast detect magic around trying to be helpful

[20] You pick up nothing but background magic in this area.

Search the entire west side of the pit by pushing, sliding, tapping, kicking, and many other verbs!

[20 + 5] Despite your attempts at coercing the west side of the pit, it refuses to give up any of its secrets. Assuming that it had any secrets to begin with, that is.

Spoiler: Brave Adventurers (click to show/hide)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: September 20, 2012, 08:00:05 am »

Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"
sigged
Huzzah!

And I remember the pit traps being concealed, and spiked. But whatever.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: September 20, 2012, 08:23:34 am »

The 3.5 version isn't spiked for whatever reason, but they're definitively concealed. Of course MaximumZero keeps on blundering into them, but whatever.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: September 20, 2012, 08:28:30 am »

Go across the pit and search the new room for secret doors and treasure.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: September 20, 2012, 08:49:33 am »

Go across the pit and search the new room for secret doors and treasure.

[4 + 5] You find no secret doors or treasure.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: September 20, 2012, 09:12:02 am »

TRY AGAIN!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: September 20, 2012, 09:13:32 am »

Quote from: Hanslanda
Whoo, another blank room in this dungeon full of blank rooms! I think this is all an attempt to lure us into a false sense of security so Acerarak can drop the hammer on us. By which I mean the infamous death room, where the ceiling is a monster, the walls are a monster, the floor is a monster, the chest is a monster, and a Gelatinous Cube fills the whole room for good measure.

What did I tell ya?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 01:11:33 am by Hanslanda »
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: September 20, 2012, 09:14:47 am »

TRY AGAIN!

[4 + 5] Nope. Nothing.

[13 + 5] Still nothing. Want to try again?

[16 + 5] You haven't found anything.

Help Zako search for secret doors, with my badger-like hands. It's my new thing, apparently, after being a chick and feeling myself up.

[15 + 5] Even your badger-like hands can't find any secret doors.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: September 20, 2012, 09:27:20 am »

Search the new door for traps! Then, when I don't find any, try to open the door in the same manner as the last door, that is step to one side, open the door without going through, etc. If that doesn't work, KICK IT DOWN!
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: September 20, 2012, 09:34:38 am »

Search the new door for traps! Then, when I don't find any, try to open the door in the same manner as the last door, that is step to one side, open the door without going through, etc. If that doesn't work, KICK IT DOWN!

[19 + 5] Finding no traps on the door, you go to open it carefully kick it down, because of course it's stuck.

[9] The door smashes open with your mighty blow...

[REFLEX: 10 + 5] And you have enough presence of mind to not stumble into the pit trap behind the door. Yay you!

The room behind the door is not a room, but a corridor that extends for forty feet before turning 90 degrees to the right (ie north).

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: September 20, 2012, 09:36:26 am »

I found something different, guys! Er, and Maxi. And me. Whatever, you know what I mean!

I charge down the corridor blindly! Heh. Just kidding. I'm not an idiot, and this is Tomb of Horrors.

Search the floor and walls for traps, carefully. Call out the traps for everyone so they can avoid them.
He's fucking with us.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: September 20, 2012, 09:40:19 am »

I found something different, guys! Er, and Maxi. And me. Whatever, you know what I mean!

I charge down the corridor blindly! Heh. Just kidding. I'm not an idiot, and this is Tomb of Horrors.

Search the floor and walls for traps, carefully. Call out the traps for everyone so they can avoid them.

[19 + 5] Finding no traps, you charge down the corridor carefully.

After turning the corner, the corridor extends for approximately 160 feet before ending in a heavy, iron-bound, oaken door. It's the type of door that is meant to keep inquisitive adventurers out.

The rest of the corridor is plan and uninteresting, if you're wondering.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: September 20, 2012, 09:43:44 am »

Don't worry, I'm sure that there's a trap somewhere that only triggers when you search for it
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 134