Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 134

Author Topic: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!  (Read 355540 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Now with guest GM!
« Reply #720 on: September 20, 2012, 09:55:20 am »

Don't worry, I'm sure that there's a trap somewhere that only triggers when you search for it

Oh. Great. I'm going to start searching for traps without looking like I'm searching for traps, just in case. :P

Wait for backup.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
  • This person is quite mad. Enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: September 20, 2012, 09:59:56 am »

Let the dance of opening commence.
Pull, push, slide all four edges, combinations of push and slide pull and slide etc.
Maybe just for good measure, I'll push into the center a bit, and see if I can grab something and pull it into the room.
"There are no traps in this roo-"
-Last words of an impatient adventurer.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: September 20, 2012, 10:06:03 am »

Have you tried kicking? It's been working wonders for us.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: September 20, 2012, 10:19:01 am »

I'm quickly reaching that point, believe me. If I don't find something other than a 10 by 10 by 10 dusty room behind the next door, I'll kick everything in the room just for good measure.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: September 20, 2012, 10:54:13 am »

I think that's the point. Featureless dungeon for room after room, then megatraps, because you're guard is down.
He's fucking with us.

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: September 20, 2012, 11:00:56 am »

Sounds about right.
I'd search that huge oaken door pretty heavily if I were you. That sounds like a good place to start with the megatraps.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: September 20, 2012, 02:34:36 pm »

Brecan shall throw himself as hard as he can against the wall the arrows are pointing at, until it gives way or he expires.

((I'll admit: I have a character concept I really want to try out. I guess I'm more in the mood for character development or something.))

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: September 20, 2012, 03:14:03 pm »

Kadbot will spend some time in the town looking for a new Butcher's Knife and Meat Shield, a Ringmail Hairnet, some Plate Apron Plating, 50 ft of Sausage casing and a Deluxe Grappling Ham (30% Wedgier!), plus all the other stuff he had before: Roasting Spit, Butcher's Block, Cord of Firewood, Flint and Steel, Torches.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: September 20, 2012, 03:21:05 pm »

Immediately run forward with all the power I can muster and deliver a flying kick to the big door at the end of the L hallway.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: September 20, 2012, 05:50:04 pm »

AGNS follows the crazy person kicking down the door, running after him!
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: September 20, 2012, 06:00:30 pm »

Let the dance of opening commence.
Pull, push, slide all four edges, combinations of push and slide pull and slide etc.
Maybe just for good measure, I'll push into the center a bit, and see if I can grab something and pull it into the room.

This secret door is comprised of two panels that pull inwards or something.

The room beyond this one is 10 feet by 20 feet, and I'll be automating it because this is getting stupid.

[17 + 5] You automatically disable the crossbow trap,

[11 + 5] Automatically discover the secret door, and automatically discover that you have to slide it to the left.

The room beyond that room just so happens to be the room that Karas discovered, so we're done with this stupid junk. Yay.

Kadbot will spend some time in the town looking for a new Butcher's Knife and Meat Shield, a Ringmail Hairnet, some Plate Apron Plating, 50 ft of Sausage casing and a Deluxe Grappling Ham (30% Wedgier!), plus all the other stuff he had before: Roasting Spit, Butcher's Block, Cord of Firewood, Flint and Steel, Torches.

Kadbot, now fully equipped, returns back to the tomb's entrance to get some more adventuring done.

Wait for backup.

Immediately run forward with all the power I can muster and deliver a flying kick to the big door at the end of the L hallway.

AGNS follows the crazy person kicking down the door, running after him!

Hans, waiting for back-up, is certainly surprised when one-hundred and something pounds of Kitsune comes barrelling up the hallway, with AGNS running swiftly behind (but not too swiftly).

[20]

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: September 20, 2012, 06:10:07 pm »

Oh, thank Lolth.
So this room connects to the sphere hallway, right? I'm gonna go to the room with the three armed gargoyle. Play around with it a bit and push some more gems into its hands.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: September 20, 2012, 06:14:47 pm »

I'm... sorry about that. My head seemed to have exploded. Now where were we? Ah, yes, Nikolai had just launched an awesome flying kick, and rolled a natural 20 to smash down the door.

*Ahem*

It's hard to see anything due to the cloud of dust that constitutes the remains of the door, but you can definitively pick out what looks like a couple torches quickly moving down the hallway. Accompanying these torches are several voices shouting something or other. You can't really pick out anything. Most of the voices are high-pitched and whiny, but one of them has the tell-tale sound of command and power to it.

Spoiler: Brave Adventurers (click to show/hide)

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: September 20, 2012, 07:38:21 pm »

Brecan shall clamber out of the pit and chase down and attempt to capture one of the fleeing creatures, trapping it in the sack he carries if necessary.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: September 20, 2012, 07:53:31 pm »

Kadbot, now fully geared up again, will join the others in whatever they were doing.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 134