Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: MEGA PROJECT *update*: The Black Cauldron H.A.L.O. add-on (much pics)  (Read 16675 times)

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
Re: MEGA PROJECT *update*: The Black Cauldron H.A.L.O. add-on (much pics)
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2013, 01:21:33 am »

How is your FPS?

Around 20-ish when there are no invaders on the map. Small world, short history, one cavern layer, population has dropped below 60 due to no migrants and a lot of the fortress-raised peasants being drafted into suicide mining squads over the years.

What kind of tileset is this?

The units look a lot like Battle for Westnoth!

Phoebus tileset.

Here is an old overview of the area taken on embark.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It took a lot of searching to find that embark, and it had flux and iron!
The river was moved under ground and various dams added. The 1 z-level soil layer was completely removed excepting for the un-diggable edge and replaced with cast obsidian and smoothed. The edge is constructed obsidian floors. This was to permanently eliminate all surface trees as part of the on-going diplomatic slaughter with the elves - oddly, I believe that they haven't sent a diplomat since, no matter how many of their caravans are blasted into the volcano.

The terraforming of the embark is one of my favorite accomplishments. Nothing remains of the original embark. Everything is all obsidian except for the solid candy watch-arch across the entrance. Since a maximum of eight dwarves could work on my mega-project at a time for 90% of it's construction I had a lot of extra dwarf-power to keep messing with such side-projects.

Yazman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2013, 02:25:11 pm »

What does H.A.L.O. stand for?

Bigheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2013, 03:04:10 pm »

What does H.A.L.O. stand for?

Was mentioned earlier in: Heat And Lava Obstacle

Any chance of youtube or the the dwarf fortress emulation to show it off? that would be awesome!
Already is awesome really and was very impressed at the entire of the surface covered in lava lol. Very nice work!
Dear Urist McStockpileDrone
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.
Pages: 1 [2]