Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: So i have some zombies  (Read 1784 times)

Adrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
So i have some zombies
« on: August 15, 2012, 03:24:44 pm »

A little while into my current fort i noticed how, every time i butchered something, their skin would just sort of get up and attack my Dorfs.
After some detective work i figured i embarked on 2 biomes, one of which is evil.

I then promptly walled off a 5x5 area in the evil part of the map, only accessible through a 1x5 hallway of cage traps, and designated the inside as a refuse pile for corpses.
It's a few months later and i currently have a bunch of zombies in cages.

Now my question: How do i use this to kill elves?

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
Re: So i have some zombies
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 03:32:04 pm »

easy steps to kill elves with zombies .

1.release the zombies in a room with elves .
2. repeat .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

Boozebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 03:55:19 pm »

Spoiler for rather large image.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 04:11:16 pm »

Who needs cages? Replace that bottom door with a bridge and then just let the zombies be free in the pit. Better yet, put the zombie pit in part of the evil region that way the dead elves come back to life and help kill more elves.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 05:26:23 pm »

Might I suggest capturing the elves and tossing them in the zombie pit instead of directly releasing zombies onto the elves? I once amassed an army of near 100 reanimated parts and turned them loose upon the elven caravan. It was glorious until I realized that, with the elves dead, the horde was now knocking at my front door.

It's the little things that get forgotten in planning that come back to bite ya in the arse.
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 05:39:39 pm »

Who needs cages? Replace that bottom door with a bridge and then just let the zombies be free in the pit. Better yet, put the zombie pit in part of the evil region that way the dead elves come back to life and help kill more elves.
Moose pit :3

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 05:40:19 pm »

Kobold pit :3

Fyfy?
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 06:01:31 pm »

i once did a test with 10 kobolds vs 10 elves in arena , the elves won without deaths , only minor bruises .

corai should make kobold child care because all kobolds are growing up to be little loincloth poopers .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!

Boozebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 07:25:14 pm »

Well obviously a group of kobolds fighting another race of equal numbers will lose.
Kobolds are strong in numbers!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 07:35:17 pm »

oven_baked

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2012, 09:46:10 pm »

Simple:
1: build arena
2: capture elves
3: drop elves and zombies into arena
4: watch.
We just need to get Toady to embed a Lisp interpreter into DF.  Learning lambda calculus in order to play the game wouldn't make DF's learning curve much steeper.

Adrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2012, 10:37:13 am »

Just wondering.
Is it possible to catch elves with cage traps without them being hostile?

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2012, 10:39:53 am »

cause a cave in near them and hope they will fall on your traps unconscious .

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2012, 12:23:49 pm »

Just wondering.
Is it possible to catch elves with cage traps without them being hostile?
Yes.
Drop them onto a cage trap. They will be stunned. Stunned creatures always get caught.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Malecus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2012, 02:22:57 pm »

Put a raising bridge under the zombies and have several narrow walkways up above.  When the elves cross the pathways, raise the bridge (lever or pressure plate, whatever) to launch the zombies at them.  Because 'jumping' zombies are much scarier and more unpredictable, that's why.
Pages: [1] 2