Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Wiping out towns/hamlets?  (Read 3326 times)

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
  • [START_BIOME:EARTH]
    • View Profile
Wiping out towns/hamlets?
« on: August 16, 2012, 05:35:45 am »

I'd like to ask when a town or hamlet would be considered wiped out... When all the citizens are dead? Would stragglers who flee still be counted as alive?

Also is there a way to check how many members of a civ are left? The population cap in advanced world gen doesn't seem to be working...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Wiping out towns/hamlets?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 06:22:26 am »

Sadly the best you can do is make a hamlet uninhabitable by filling it with animated corpses, as hamlets suffer from respawn syndrome and creatures killed in them simply reappear. It's possible to recruit the same soldier twenty times, and all twenty will not notice they're exactly the same guy.

killerx243

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 08:03:32 am »

Cloning is a problem in the realm of Armok. It is seen as a way to have more blood to spill but causes much controversy; is it really more people being killed or just the same person?

Lazerlatté

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 10:25:29 am »

hamlets suffer from respawn syndrome and creatures killed in them simply reappear.

"Tell my wife and children... I love them..."

*blip*
"YAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGHHHHH- I have no clue what just happened but... YAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGGHHHH DIIIIEEEEE!!!!"

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
  • [START_BIOME:EARTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 08:37:05 am »

Ah... Thanks!

I've been slaughtering people all day and night (all three NO_VERB tags)...

No wonder the civs never died out.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 04:08:36 pm »

Sadly the best you can do is make a hamlet uninhabitable by filling it with animated corpses, as hamlets suffer from respawn syndrome and creatures killed in them simply reappear. It's possible to recruit the same soldier twenty times, and all twenty will not notice they're exactly the same guy.

I think it is from the fact that Hamlets have more population then it has spots.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 05:21:49 pm »

I think it is from the fact that Hamlets have more population then it has spots.

If that were the case, we'd be able to wipe them out EVENTUALLY. But no, if you export the world sites and pops file before playing, and locate the hamlet you're slaughtering by name during play, and wipe out that many people twice over, they will probably still continue to spawn there.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TallAsAHouseDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2012, 01:11:48 am »

Man, you just killed all the fun from my quest to kill the entire world with successive adventurers. I was so in the murder mode and now...

This is a serious defect, like deformity or being Swedish, and it needs to be fixed. Somebody call Toady repeatedly in the middle of the night and yell at him.

Oh well, at least I can still create a bunch of rampaging lunatics and the dwarves can engrave them in their fortress walls.

I need a drink.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2012, 06:11:41 am »

Man, you just killed all the fun from my quest to kill the entire world with successive adventurers. I was so in the murder mode and now...

This is a serious defect, like deformity or being Swedish, and it needs to be fixed. Somebody call Toady repeatedly in the middle of the night and yell at him.

Oh well, at least I can still create a bunch of rampaging lunatics and the dwarves can engrave them in their fortress walls.

I need a drink.
Sadly this been going on since 31. the solution to this is to wipe out only forts since they have a less chance of repopulating due to most are marked in history.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2012, 01:22:42 pm »

You made my day.

However this is likely to change, one version ago the people you found weren't even drawn from the historical populations, it's just one step away.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2012, 10:51:01 pm »

I've been able to completely wipe out the kobolds before, I exported the world info in one of my world, found that literally EVERY SINGLE kobold in the entire world lived in one cave, I think there were only a little over a hundred kobolds, so over the course of multiple in-game days, I was able to eventually render the kobolds extinct, to the point that even exporting the world populations showed them as non-existant any more. Maybe this only works with kobolds due to them living in caves and not hamlets, but at least i've been able to kill one sentient race so far.

Although I did have to leave the cave site and re-enter it to spawn the still living kobolds in places where I could find them, but the game kept proper track of the numbers of them and it did eventually work.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2012, 10:59:07 pm »

I've been able to completely wipe out the kobolds before, I exported the world info in one of my world, found that literally EVERY SINGLE kobold in the entire world lived in one cave, I think there were only a little over a hundred kobolds, so over the course of multiple in-game days, I was able to eventually render the kobolds extinct, to the point that even exporting the world populations showed them as non-existant any more. Maybe this only works with kobolds due to them living in caves and not hamlets, but at least i've been able to kill one sentient race so far.

Although I did have to leave the cave site and re-enter it to spawn the still living kobolds in places where I could find them, but the game kept proper track of the numbers of them and it did eventually work.

Kobold mckoboldson does not approve. >.>
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2012, 05:57:03 am »

The trick that was said before was they never exist until you talk to them, so people where literally killing nobodies who would come back from the dead the next time you reload. Worst is that walking any where past a block would load a new area and if it's apart of a hamlet you just loaded in new nobodies.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

MoloMowChow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2012, 06:43:38 pm »

I was searching threads for this exact question. I'm wondering if this is still an issue even now?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2012, 06:59:39 pm »

Pretty much. This stuff takes lotsa time.
Pages: [1] 2