Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Roll to Run the Gauntlet 7/12 :: Episode 1: The Shallow End  (Read 8275 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Roll to Run the Gauntlet 7/12 :: Episode 1: The Shallow End
« on: August 17, 2012, 10:17:24 am »

Roll to Run the Gauntlet

Yes, a second RTD from me. No doubt it will be horrible. But better, because I don't have to keep track of a shit-ton of skills and bonuses for this.

W-w-weeelcome, Contestants, to The Gauntlettm! My thanks to all of you for signing these release forms without so much as glancing over them. Oh, forgive me. My name is Fred Frosty, host of the most popular program on the Intrasystem Net, and you? You're mine. That is, you are now all Contestants for the foreseeable future. Of course, most of you are convicts with no hope for parole, so it isn't as if you had anything better to do. But as for you volunteers, good on you, so willing to be horribly maimed for public entertainment!

The rules are simple: Each episode you will be confronted with, as you might have guessed, a Gauntlettm full of nasty traps, tricks, and intelligent foes, all trying to kill, cripple, or shame you. Naturally, as you've signed away your rights for the duration of your contract, refusal to participate will win you a wonderful death. On the other hand, you will be awarded with CASH MONEY depending on how far you make it. If you manage to survive to the end of an episode, either by passing the Gauntlettm or by hiding like a little baby until time runs out (no doubt after being horribly maimed), you will be able to use your cash to buy from the Gauntlettm Contestant's Shop; everything from weapons to drugs to cybernetic replacements for lost chunks of flesh. If you manage to survive through an entire season (13 episodes), your contract will run out and you will win WONDERFUL PRIZES. That, or you can renew your contract for even greater rewards.

But yes, very simple. You have health. You must make it past varied obstacles to entertain the television audience. You will gain cash for making progress and more for completing the course; if you survive, you can buy things to help you. If you have sufficient cash for a flash-clone upon your death, you will be decanted and dropped back at the start of whatever thing killed you. Twelve players maximum.

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Damage (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Playerlist (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deathlist (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hall of Champions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 09:09:09 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Run the Gauntlet 0/12
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 12:06:50 pm »

A little surprised at the lack of immediate sign-ups. I'll put in a sheet tomorrow. Though if you get 12 sign-ups by then, tough on me :P

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Run the Gauntlet 0/12
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 12:17:13 pm »

Name: Belili
Health: 30/30
Description: A skinny nerd. Five foot ten, one-hundred and thirty pounds, brown hair with light gray streaks and a goatee.
Background: Belili was hoping that his wizardry powers would show after he reached the age of 30, but it seems that the tale of just abstinence with women was a falsehood. Desperate to find some cash to restart his life, he'll do anything...

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Run the Gauntlet 1/12
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 01:07:09 pm »

I'm in.

Name: Georgio Almana
Description: An average-sized Italian musician, who enjoys breaking his guitars. That's why he has 2,431 of them. He has green eyes, brown hair, and surprisingly large feet.
Background: After losing his fame at that one unfortunate concert in Berlin, Georgio fell into a slump, barely being able to break a string. He feels that this will redeem his status as a totally Radical Dude, and he'll make some of his fans' dreams come true. That is, the ones wanting him to come out of the slump. Not the ones wanting him to die a cruel and horrible death. Fuck those ones. He has a few secrets about that concert, though, that he doesn't want getting out. He also happens to keep a detailed Diary.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Run the Gauntlet 2/12
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 05:47:23 pm »

Name: Malcolm Dunsirn
Description: A burly red-bearded Scotsman in a kilt.
Background:  For years Malcolm worked as a shepherd on the outskirts of Glasgow, until a drunken scuffle involving an Englishman, a stolen horse, and a claymore landed him some jail-time in the Tower of London.  Now he's hoping this Gauntlet crap can get him out of jail just in time for shearing season.
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Run the Gauntlet 3/12
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 06:16:48 pm »

Sex: Male/Male/Male

...Why? Seriously, guys. Why? You copied me! Hiss! Grr! Your names both start with a G, too!

fft fft rowr.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 06:18:14 pm »

Actually, I was going to do 42, my favorite number, but that seemed a bit too old.

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 06:30:33 pm »

I went with 30 because it was hard for me to imagine a big angry Scotsman being any younger.
I suppose I could play a burly angry Scotswoman instead...
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2012, 06:40:10 pm »

Name: Trevor Higgs
Description: HE IS A REALLY HANDSOME MOVIE STAR GUY!
Background: Trevor was born to rich parents somewhere in the USA. He has never known hardship. He got into acting early in life, becoming a childhood sensation. As he aged, he began to star in action films with lots of explosions (He does none of his own stunts). He is currently competing in the Gauntlettm because his manager gave him an ultimatum of participating here or in a charity auction for sick orphans. Believing everything to be staged, he signed and sent in the paperwork (shortly thereafter, his manager was found to have been murdered by a desk smashing itself into his head repeatedly). Being one of the blunter spoons in the drawer, Trevor still believes everything here to be staged.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Run the Gauntlet 4/12
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2012, 10:00:52 am »

I'm going to be on the road pretty much all of today, so I'll go ahead and start with whoever we have tomorrowish.

3. Run Resize Enable

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Run the Gauntlet 4/12
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2012, 10:06:26 am »

Name: Viktor Ivanov
Description: A Russian with a long-ass brown moustache, long-ass brown beard, moderately long-ass hair and bushy-ass eyebrows. Doesn't conform to stereotypes.
Background: He was born in a large Russian city. Due to a lack of expected bears with balalaikas, he became disillusioned with life and crossed the ocean to seek thrills elsewhere. That's... it, really.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 10:11:15 am by Dariush »

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Run the Gauntlet 5/12
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2012, 11:03:03 am »

This has turned into an orgy of middle-aged males. We need women in here! Hurry!

Game looks very promising, however. Have fun flying, Dice!

Heh. Heheheh.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2012, 03:46:19 pm »

Go go hotel internet powers!

And yeah, it's a total sausagefest in here.  :P

That aside, early 30s = middle-aged? Luna, I feel depressed now.

3. Run Resize Enable

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2012, 04:51:06 pm »

Yeah. With the often deaths of children/teenagers in third world countries, and the unhealthiness of places like America (All that cheeseburger grease really takes off years), the average life-span is probably somewhere between 50 and 60.

Also, who the heck is Luna?

Shit. Hope that doesn't sound offensive. I'm just a racist vegetarian Canadian. If I offended you with this post, sorry about that. No, really; - I know that America is a great country. Since you guys protect little ol' Canada, we can put more money into health and other industries, instead of military.

Go America! And Canada! Yay.

Please don't ban me, toady.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 04:54:17 pm by Caerwyn »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2012, 05:42:54 pm »

HECK YEAH, CANADIA!

America can...be America!

Seriously, though, I don't mind Americans. Then again, you hardly see any Canadians on 1000 ways to die, do you?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7