Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Roll to Run the Gauntlet 7/12 :: Episode 1: The Shallow End  (Read 8280 times)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

Giorgio slips around the corner, maybe even tampering with the machine so it shoots rapid fire if he has the time. Otherwise he shall continue through the hall, trying again to use Belili as a human shield while doing so.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile

Malcolm slips into the other hallway out of firing range, taking the can of Cocaine cola with him as he moves on.
Malcolm:  It's blow in a can, it's gotta be worth something!
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile

Jack continues through the hall and into the next room, while trying to avoid the flying cans.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Walk around the corner and attempt to stand on the out-of-view white square just south of the southeasternmost visible black square.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Viktor rounds the corner, still being careful to be in the middle of the procession. After rounding the corner, he assumes a crouching position, getting +1 to reflex rolls. ^_^

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile

Follow the others.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Georgio [4] slides along the wall until he manages to turn the corner. He then decides to tamper with the soda machine.

[3]

As Georgio is reaching for it, another can shoots out, narrowly missing his arm. He realizes that he has forgotten something and goes back into the hall, trying once again to use Belili as a human shield.

[3] v. [5]

Belili punches Georgio in the face, and he falls back.

-[4] HP

((Yeah. I don't really recommend putting actions out of the order you want them done in, because I'm going to be as much of a bastard as I can. That, and this is going to be a high-lethality RTD. Less of a big deal if you've got cash, because clones are fairly cheap, but right now... Incidentally, if you bold your actions, I will only included bolded things for actions.))
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Malcolm tries to find the can of Cocaine-Cola.

[1]

He can't see any aluminum cans at all. Is this some sort of strangely-specific visual impairment? Shrugging, Malcolm heads for the corner.

[4]

Moving around the corner without incident, he looks around the next room. It is large than the starting room, and has a black and white checkered floor with a concrete border. There is a door on the far side. The centermost tile is missing, and there is a pool of clear liquid inside a small cavity there. It looks like water.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jack moves towards the corner, careful to avoid flying cans.

[4]

Reaching the corner, he can observe the same room as Malcolm.

Trevor rounds the corner, heading for the white square he assumes will be just south of the southeasternmost black square that he can see.

[5]

As he steps onto the tile, Trevor has a tingle of awareness and quickly jumps back onto the black tile.

[2]

He isn't sure what alerted him.

Viktor [6] cuts around the corner, staying in the middle of the group as he drops into a crouch. He accidentally rolls forward, bumping into the people ahead of him.

Dominic [4] successful follows the others through a narrow, bidirectional hallway. Good job, Contestant!

Belili just stands around after punching Georgio. Apparently it was pure reflex.

A second alarm rings out, and a low rumbling echoes through the hallway, shortly followed by the sound of splintering wood.

Spoiler: Active Contestants (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map: Episode 1.2 (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Viktor waits until at least three people enter the room and then moves to a tile two tiles to the west and one tile to the south from him, where he begins to carefully look around, keeping wary of sudden movements.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

Georgio Checks for blood, but shrugs it off.

He instead Tries to push trevor into the small pool of water, taking his place on the black tile and making it look like an accident. He then tries hs best to hold his position so that no-one takes it from him, and looks up for some kind of clue about how to get across.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile

Assuming that I've read this map right (awesome map, by the by), go around the black and white tiles, being careful for traps.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile

Jack goes into the room and examines the small pool.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Use SUPERIOR CHARISMA to convince Georgio to stand on the white tile directly south of me, rather than trying to grapple me.

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile

Take an action similar to Maxinum McDreich, but on the opposite side of the room.
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Belili will apologize for the punch, and continue on-wards.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Viktor decides to move two tiles west, then one south. He makes the first step without incident, edging past Trevor.

[3]

As he puts his weight down on the second tile, a shock runs through his leg. His foot is burned. He instinctively [4] hops back onto the first tile he stepped on.

-[1] HP

Georgio pushes through the crowd, "accidentally" stumbling.

[6] v. [4]

He slams into Trevor, who stumbles back onto the next tile to the west, barely avoiding Viktor as the latter jumps to the tile he just left.

Georgio lands beneath Trevor, both on the white tile, which pulses electricity through their bodies.

Georgio: -[6] HP
Trevor: -[2] HP

Dominic, thinking with his thinky-thing, decides to run along the border of the room.

[6]

He makes it four steps along the length of the room before spikes stab out from the seemingly solid concrete wall, but he manages to jump out onto the tiles, avoiding them.

[6]

Dominic lands directly in the pool of "water". A small box (perhaps 10cmx10cmx8cm in dimensions) rests at the bottom of the cavity. A small device on the lid is emitting some sort of chemical into the surrounding liquid.

Jack walks out into the room, straight towards the pool of "water" in order to examine it. He makes it two tiles in, stepping onto Trevor and Georgio.

[3]

A shock runs up his leg, and he falls back, nearly knocking over Viktor.

-[5] HP

Trevor tries to talk Georgio onto standing on the suspicious tile.

[2]

What a shame, you're both too busy cuddling up and being electrocuted to move.

Malcolm decides to ape Dominic on the opposite wall.

[2]

He makes it two steps before the spikes activate. One goes into his side, lacerating a kidney.

-[1 + 2] HP

Belili

[6]

barely suppresses his laughter as he apologizes to Georgio for punching him. He [6] hops over Georgio and Trevor, landing on the black tile directly east of the pool of "water".

[5]

At the first sign of heat from the tile, he hops forward into the pool with Dominic, noticing the same box and additive to the pool of liquid.

The spikes retract into the walls.

Spoiler: Active Contestants (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map: Episode 1.3 (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7