Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Roll to Run the Gauntlet 7/12 :: Episode 1: The Shallow End  (Read 8178 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Go to the white tile to the north-west and run to the exit.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

Shake off the Shock and apologize to the unfortunate Trevor, before hopping on the Black tiles to the door on the other side.

Then, open the door in a way that I am out of the way of anything coming out of it, as well as off any white tiles.

Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Search the pool of water!

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile

Man, resist picking up thingie in water. Suck on finger to see if water is ok (using my super awesome sensors in my mouth that can tell if this is good or bad... or something.)

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Run the Gauntlet 7/12 :: Episode 1: It's Electric!/FIYAAAH!
« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2012, 06:22:27 pm »

"Ha ha!  Good thing I have another one to spare!"
Malcolm tries to  walk across the tiles, judging which ones were safe by the reactions of those who previously walked across them.  Once he reaches the middle of the room he will attempt to leap across the rest of the way.
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2012, 03:54:34 am »

Uh, you moved me onto the wrong tile. I was supposed to be on a grey one. Can you please label axis so we could specify more precisely where we want to go (i.e. A38)?

Viktor goes to black tile south-west thrice (so he ends up on a grey tile) and then goes north-west thrice again (so he ends up before the door). If he encounters Georgio at any time, he attempts to push him onto the white tiles into any direction.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2012, 05:13:31 pm »

Uh, you moved me onto the wrong tile. I was supposed to be on a grey one. Can you please label axis so we could specify more precisely where we want to go (i.e. A38)?
((I had assumed you were specifying tiles within the room, rather than map grid squares. Though honestly it would probably be better to actually describe what you're doing in the vast majority of cases. In other words, rather than saying "Viktor walks two grid squares west then one south.", say "Viktor enters the room, stepping along the concrete perimeter to just south of the doorway."  or some such. The map is intended to be a visual approximation of your location for reference purposes, not a specific movement grid. The only reason I used a grid was because it is easier to map clearly that way than freehanded, not because you have movement limits/turn or something. But if you want to play it like a chess match, that's your prerogative.

For reference, when I refer to tiles, I'm talking about actual tiles, as in the sort of thing used in floors for government buildings and such (though these are closer to 1m2 than 1ft2), not grid squares on the map. I probably won't ever refer to the metamap outside of OOC. It's there to help fill in verbal descriptions, not to act like a movement grid. Apologies if that was confusing.))
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Trevor steps to the white tile to his northwest. Nothing happens. He runs for the exit.

[3]

He decides to go straight to the wall, but as he steps on the black floor tile just north of the pool of liquid, it feels as if he has just stepped onto the surface of a massive grill. He jumps into the pool of liquid, examining the damage: his shoe has melted a bit and his foot is mildly burned.

-[1] HP

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Georgio apologizes to Trevor and gleefully hops onto the black tile just west of him, thinking that he has it figured out.

[2]

He doesn't. He falls forward, feet burned, landing in the pool of "water".

-[3] HP

Belili searches the pool of "water".

[1]

He forgets what he was doing and begins to drool slightly. A laugh track plays somewhere in the background.

Dominic decides that the best way to examine the water is the ol' taste test.

[2]

It wasn't. He feels rather ill.

-[2] HP

Malcolm decides to play it smart, observing the successes and failures of the other contestants.

[4]

He realizes that there is a pattern to the placement of harmful floor tiles, though he isn't certain. Still, he has enough information to make it to the pool in the middle safely. Malcolm then decides to make a standing leap from there to the exit.

[2]

In retrospect, trying to land a three meter jump from a standing start was rather stupid. After all, the world-record holder only managed 3.47m, and he certainly wasn't doing it from a rather crowded pool of liquid. Malcolm faceplants halfway between the white floor tile to his west and the final black one, quickly pulling himself onto the latter after a nasty shock. The door appears to actually be a block with a painting of a door facing the entrance to the room. The doorknob is real, though.

-[2] HP

Viktor hops to the black floor tile to his southwest, then again to the next black tile to the southwest.

[1]

His foot is badly burned, and he hops to the concrete border to the southwest in an effort to escape. Thinking back on it, Viktor realizes that he really should have paid better attention to what the other contestants were doing.

[6]

Thankfully, he manages to jump out of the way of the spikes, though he lands on the black floor tile to his northwest.

[4]

This time, he manages to jump again before being burned, hopping black tiles diagonally until reaching the concrete of the far side. He sees a metal block with a doorknob and some sort of painting on the side facing the entranceway.

-[1] HP

Jack stands around twiddling his thumbs.

Spoiler: Active Contestants (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map: Episode 1.4 (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2012, 05:21:38 pm »

Jump out of the pool, making my way to the 'door'

Seeing i's just a painting, I pull on the doorknob, ready to avoid any traps that pop out. After that, use Malcom as a human shield against...
anything inside.

If all else fails, jump back into the pool and kick the object at the bottom.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2012, 06:13:47 pm »

Help Greenstar! And escape, that sort of stuff.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2012, 06:16:13 pm »

I'm still wondering why I'm turning Georgio into a violent narcissist.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2012, 09:07:47 pm »

I'm still wondering why I'm turning Georgio into a violent narcissist.
((Because Always-Chaotic-Evil is the easiest sort of mentality to roleplay, as it essentially excuses senseless violence and a complete lack of morality. Personally, I also think that it is rather lazy, not to mention annoying for anyone who has to deal with it. In other words, funny to the person doing it (and possibly to outside observers if done very well, a la Black Mage) and nobody else in the party except other ACEs. Though now that I look at it, that is a pretty damn sweet acronym.  :P))

3. Run Resize Enable

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Run the Gauntlet 7/12 :: Episode 1: The Shallow End
« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2012, 12:42:05 am »

Tear off a thick piece of my shirt, wrap it around me hand, and then try to twist and turn the knob
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2012, 03:24:34 am »

Thinking back on it, Viktor realizes that he really should have paid better attention to what the other contestants were doing.
Even though nobody got fucked by a black tile until this turn? :(

Viktor twiddles his thumbs, waiting for someone to open the door. This takes two rolls, for twiddling the left thumb and the right one. If Georgio approaches, he punches him in the face. If someone opens the door, he slips around the side of the block into the door, trying not to touch the tiles.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 03:26:28 am by Dariush »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 24, 2012, 08:50:21 am »

Thinking back on it, Viktor realizes that he really should have paid better attention to what the other contestants were doing.
Even though nobody got fucked by a black tile until this turn? :(
((That was in reference to the spikes coming out of the walls when someone steps on the north or south concrete border. A lead-in to the next roll. ;)))

3. Run Resize Enable

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2012, 08:59:07 am »

Boost the show's ratings by having a splash fight with the peasantry!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7