Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Dreaded Job Search  (Read 982 times)

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
The Dreaded Job Search
« on: August 18, 2012, 12:26:47 am »

The title pretty much says it all. I've gotten to a point where I want gainful employment, more than what I'd be making back in China (10k RMB/month, or 400 USD/week post taxes). That being said, I have begun my first "real" job hunt ever. I have worked in agribusiness and have also done translation and teaching in China, but nothing serious since I'm afraid of commitment. Now, however, it looks like it's time for me to work on finding a career path to embark upon. I've honestly been dreading it for years, but you can only travel so long and so far before life bites you in the ass. I'm actually not lazy--I grew up on a farm where laziness is not an option--so that's not the issue. It's just got a lot to do with my fear of being locked into something for the rest of my life.

These days are going by with me feeling like a corralled zombie... Ugh. A bullet might be more desirable.

TLDR: Do you know of any good methods for job searching? I've just created a LinkedIn account and perused some random jobs that want like 50 years of experience...  :-\

Thanks for any/all input.