Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 555441 times)

Nexusv

• Escaped Lunatic
  • [
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - The Pit of Perdition
« Reply #1320 on: January 31, 2013, 04:42:04 pm »

Well, I'm still alive. This amuses me.
[ETHIC:NO_CONTRIB:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Silverlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: February 01, 2013, 04:17:26 pm »

Shoot, sign me up for another term as overseer, please.  If the fort is still alive when that time comes, I'll try not to kill it unless it seems like it might be interesting.
"All right boys, let's strike the- *crack* whatthefwarblblub..."
"...Dibs on the pick."
Hidden beneath rusting weapons was a mass of assorted bones. An elf, a goblin, even an ogre. All just waiting for someone to walk by and notice them, like some kind of land mine of horror.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: February 06, 2013, 04:28:45 am »

Status report?
Well, I'm still alive. This amuses me.
Not to mention completely paralyzed from the neck down. One has to wonder how it feels to be immortal while lacking a spine and by extension the ability to breathe.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 10:13:57 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Silverlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: February 08, 2013, 01:54:00 pm »

Have we died?   
"...Dibs on the pick."
Hidden beneath rusting weapons was a mass of assorted bones. An elf, a goblin, even an ogre. All just waiting for someone to walk by and notice them, like some kind of land mine of horror.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: February 08, 2013, 02:06:33 pm »

we have been abandoned. :c
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Silverlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: February 08, 2013, 02:10:05 pm »

we have been abandoned. :c

Well, there are certainly days when I feel I am crumbling to my end.
"...Dibs on the pick."

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: February 08, 2013, 03:15:48 pm »

Prodded arcangelsd. Will wait for tomorrow before skipping.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: February 08, 2013, 03:36:46 pm »

Been trying to fit some DF into my college timetable. I have played a little, just not enough for deserving an update. My playtime has mostly consisted of letting the show run, if you understand me.

I'm really sorry for not telling you about this, I'll be getting more seriously with my turn this weekend, in fact, as I write this, I'm actually advancing at a good pace.

Tip for future overseers: do NOT pay attentinon to the cancellation spam. It will help to maintain your sanity.
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

Silverlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: February 08, 2013, 03:43:03 pm »

Tip for future overseers: do NOT pay attentinon to the cancellation spam. It will help to maintain your sanity.

Indeed; it never ends.
"...Dibs on the pick."

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: February 08, 2013, 07:11:05 pm »

Somewhere in spring (it's kinda hard keeping track of the time being trapped in a chamber, and that)

It was relayed to me that one of our notable and tasty, tasty citizens, Echostatic, has gone fey.
Hope the lad makes something edible.

A bituminous coal bracelet. I demand it. Maybe I can nibble on it while I wait for something to be dropped down the food chute.

Some workers that get to overcome the smell poke their heads though the chute to tell me that they are somehow unable to find the residence of the late count Eric.

How does that even happen.

Installed half a dozen gem windows in the chute. Trippy.

When dinjoralo went down to my pit to install the last window, he told me that a Minotaur had been sighted outside the fortress, and seemed to be wary of the wriggly devastation that composes our overland.

I, from first experience, might add the damn thing was totally right with being afraid of this place. So it was unsurprising that the poor thing decided to dive headfirst in one of our cage traps, to escape of the horror.

A migrant came, got pursued by some random body parts, and dived into the fetid muck. That's your life expectance when you first get to horrorfailed.

The peasants are congregating to see some spectacle they call "Reindeer Dead Match". Yeah, neither do I know why they insist in Dead-Match, instead of deadmatch.

Arcangelsd, firsthand witness of the corruption of the proud dwarven language.

My mind seems to be slipping. Or rotting.

WHERE THE HELL IS MY BRACELET

You know, I was entertaining my thoughts listening to the various announcements that are made in the fortress, and inbetween all the imbeciles shouting that they couldn't do this or that thing, I heard someone proclaming that the elves had come.
It has been a while, and there is no trace of the elves. Good?

KITTEN! (Amorphous bloodstain)

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: February 08, 2013, 07:33:09 pm »

You know, I was entertaining my thoughts listening to the various announcements that are made in the fortress, and inbetween all the imbeciles shouting that they couldn't do this or that thing, I heard someone proclaming that the elves had come.
It is now my headcannon that cancellation spam is in-game a bunch of dwarves shouting to no one in particular why they can't do this or that. This must serve as 90% of the average dwarven communication.  It also makes my fortress farms much noisier, what with all the plump helmet spawn cancellation spam.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: February 08, 2013, 07:37:00 pm »

It is now my headcannon that cancellation spam is in-game a bunch of dwarves shouting to no one in particular why they can't do this or that. This must serve as 90% of the average dwarven communication.  It also makes my fortress farms much noisier, what with all the plump helmet spawn cancellation spam.

sometimes i like to think plump helmets telepathically broadcast "PLANT MORE OF US" to the dwarves and the announcement shouting is the only thing that stops them from slipping into a planter job fell mood and turning your fortress into a giant farm plot which will then be filled with plump helmets who turn into plump helmet men and annihilate your fortress from the inside, turning your dwarves into delicious liquid compost they shall drink and during the production of compost small seeds will pop out and they will plant these and so beard wheat was made which produces a very potent fertilizer

the circle of life

SpaceKGreen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: February 12, 2013, 02:23:08 am »

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: February 12, 2013, 12:16:36 pm »

Today has happened the unthinkable: space, the weaponsmith, somehow managed to one-up all the shouting and yelling that goes on in this fortress, by himself.
He mentioned that he wanted to see the overseer.

(there the scripture is a bit wriggly) That can be arranged, indeed. Indeed.

Now I reminisced something about some undead zoo we used to have around there, though the few meatbags that dare to get an appointment with me don't want to speak about it.

A few minutes ago, something fell off me. I guess it was my spleen. I tucked it back inside and went on.

The stress of being overseer is tearing me apart.

I definitely deserve this. That pun was horrible.

There was great conmotion near the main entrance. A kobold thief was discovered, and was chased outside by a wolf. May whatever god that is look out for their poor souls.

Someone has sighted a trader in the near the fortress limits, outside. He seems to be a dwarf, but he won't move, blink, nor flee.
Surprisingly, it's not a zombie, and he doesn't seem to be bothered by the rather generous amount of killer limbs and animals around him.
More surprisingly, neither do them.

HE IS A SORCERER!

A random stonecrafter was possesed just a while after he appeared. The scoundrel! Disguising as a trader!

I'm sending one squad to put him down INMEDIATELY! Let's see..

Th Ripe Inks, I'm definitely sending The Ripe Inks.

...or not. It seems that Nexusv, the totality of The Ripe Inks, is trapped in a tiny room far away from the surface.

Screw it, I'm sending some random imbeciles to their doom to apprehend that sucker.

Nuestro querido y glorioso Presidente, es, desde ahora y con efecto retroactivo, el glorioso comandante de la fantástica milicia de Horrorfallado! Un hurra por nuestro Presidente!

Now that's for some eloquence in some awful human language. I'm so bored down there, that I'm starting to reminisce about the diplomacy lessons I took... a lot of time ago. I have been living for a lot of time there in Horrorfailed.

Got three random schmucks, and told them to go out and kick that sucker out of our lawn. Well there they go, not exactly confident, but that's we've got there!

They are going to die horribly.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 12:30:01 pm by arcangelsd »

Silverlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: February 12, 2013, 01:49:55 pm »

A few minutes ago, something fell off me. I guess it was my spleen. I tucked it back inside and went on.

The stress of being overseer is tearing me apart.

Heehee!
"...Dibs on the pick."
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 136