Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 538773 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

You can go ahead and sign me up for a dwarf. I'd prefer military, so I can say when that dwarf dies they died like a badass.

Knowing my luck though I'll get turned into a zombie or something.

Name: Splint
Profession: Swordsdwarf preferably.  Gender doesn't matter because if I do anything I'm going to disregard it. If not a swordsdwarf, than anything is fine. I'll probably die hideously shortly after dorfing regardless. For once I'll be able to keep up with this mess. :P

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

I started this godawful hole in the ground.  I have managed to make us a safe little hovel, though we seem to have a large aquifer.  Good for giving me power i can exploit, but bad in that it seems to span the entire site.  We'll need to import, or steal, stone from caravans to get around this sucker with screwpumps if it covers the entire map

Good news:  Two of the Starting Seven are dead.  Undead Ravens came to play.  Thankfully, through my new Burrow designation, I have locked the remaining five inside where they're present safe and blistering away in peace.  Aside from the horrible pustules blistering all over their bodies, they're pretty happy.

I take that back - they're all goddamn miserable.  It's a wonderful place.  I see great things in this fort's future.  Great, great things.  Honestly though, if the site had had accessible stone, I'd have been able to start a few engineering projects for you guys to continue.  Just the basic power plant and self-filling well.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 06:33:10 am by ThatAussieGuy »

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

I'll do a full post tomorrow sometime.  I played for a few hours and I'm already certain the surviving five are probably gonna die horribly. 

edit:  On the matter of dorfing, I'll do them if anyone turns up to the fort and actually makes it safely inside.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 07:48:49 am by ThatAussieGuy »

Phlum

• Bay Watcher
  • Above Is my true form, no mortal shall see it!
    • View Profile
    • Idontwanttowork

hmm this is sounds cool

I'll take a dorf

Name=Phlum Mc-OnBreak
Profession: hopefully an engraver. would be awsome to have my name written all over the fort, if it lives that long.

[edit] AHH wait, is this a succsession fort!? (reads turn list*) so it is. im not signing up am I? 
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 07:52:22 am by Phlum »
So I have spoken, may this thread live long!!

I don't share my age online, no one takes horny 14 year olds seriously.

"dwarf fortress is autism in a game"  -a guy named rick

Bates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Requesting dorfage!
Name: Bates
Profession: Military, preferably Axedwarf
Profession Name: Innkeeper

Newbunkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If it's cool I'd like to be dorfed too: Newbunkle - any occupation, with the custom profession Annoying Doomsayer (or just Doomsayer if it sounds better). Yep, I wanna be the dwarf screaming that we're all gonna die. I fully expect to get bludgeoned to death by my irritated comrades.

Edit: Formatted for easy reading.

Name: Newbunkle
Profession: Annoying Doomsayer (no specific job request)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Great to see some already died in the first turn. I'll update the OP with the new requests now.

EDIT:
[edit] AHH wait, is this a succsession fort!? (reads turn list*) so it is. im not signing up am I?
Do you want to sign in? I can't really tell by your question.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 09:38:33 am by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

Oh God. I need to go read Hellcannon to get caught up.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile

Hooray, I can actually be a part of this!
Anyways, Yes, a dorf request is this, Name "Dinjoralo", Title "Suck-Haver", all else can be left to the dorfer.

Phlum

• Bay Watcher
  • Above Is my true form, no mortal shall see it!
    • View Profile
    • Idontwanttowork

EDIT:
Do you want to sign in? I can't really tell by your question.

No I don't want a turn.
So I have spoken, may this thread live long!!

I don't share my age online, no one takes horny 14 year olds seriously.

"dwarf fortress is autism in a game"  -a guy named rick

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile

If you haven't dwarfed me yet, I'd prefer one with somewhat above average thrill-seeking/risk taking, and at least  "put off by authority and tradition" if not moreso as personality traits.  If that's not possible I understand, just hoping for a dwarf who seems inclined toward chaos.  More so than average.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you haven't dwarfed me yet, I'd prefer one with somewhat above average thrill-seeking/risk taking, and at least  "put off by authority and tradition" if not moreso as personality traits.  If that's not possible I understand, just hoping for a dwarf who seems inclined toward chaos.  More so than average.
You are part of the starting seven, so a bit too late for that.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile

Well this has just started wonderfully.

Volfgarix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why I'm not in Dorfing list? :[
Need nick change or something?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why I'm not in Dorfing list? :[
Need nick change or something?
I just missed you. It's there now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 136