Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 538856 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - You Require Additional Cannons
« Reply #1590 on: May 03, 2013, 04:09:01 pm »

You damn well better be! Get everyone inside and batten down the hatches!

That includes my cage, too. Undead or not I don't appreciate being left out in the freakish weather.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: May 03, 2013, 04:15:52 pm »

I actually think the mist just blew over the area with mist and muck, so I don't think anyone got affected by it.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: May 04, 2013, 07:18:19 am »

Which is good, because we found out early on that that stuff is a death sentence. If you're gonna cave in part of the Shit, I'd go for that section, because if you can annihilate the liquid Nefarious Mist, then we can (maybe) get migrants inside without them exploding. So what if they get blistered, that's non-fatal.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: May 04, 2013, 01:42:44 pm »

Hey everyone, it's my birthday! Now kneel over and worship me I got a new CPU for my computer, and the fort is running twice as fast, sixty FPS from thirty. Sweet.

I'm going to need more dwarfpower if I want this project done while I can still overlook it. Seven more dwarves who weren't doing anything are now going to mine, and I set there to be more picks made earlier. Get to work.
Seriously, what is causing these occasional spurts of miasma on Zee Hall of Traps? I'm going to have everything in there mass dumped now, so it's at least out of the way.

Why would a ghost go through the trouble of possessing somebody to make a trumpet? Really, come on, I want an artifact slab for when I die, or maybe a coffin for if the body is salvagable.

Couldn't even get real gems, could ya?

Ooh, stuff! Alright, come on down, don't mind all the corpses littered about. NONONO

-

How did they survive that?! I don't know if I want their stuff anymore. It's probably covered in Shit.

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: May 04, 2013, 04:32:14 pm »

Also, Doof is alive, mining out the project.

I predict my lifespan to be another month, probably not even that.
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

Greasemunky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: May 04, 2013, 08:35:49 pm »

Progress has been made, I see. That sparrow kill anyone important?

The giant mutant sparrow?

I think it died without landing a serious blow on anyone period.
And hey, fps rose from 4 to 12 from all the death.  That's good, right?

Andreus

• Bay Watcher
  • Doom Consultant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: May 05, 2013, 02:23:33 am »

Oh boy!

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: May 05, 2013, 04:48:40 am »

Yeah... guess who's up next.

PREPARE YOUR ANUS, HORRORFAILED
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: May 05, 2013, 10:38:08 am »

Hey everyone, it's my birthday! Now kneel over and worship me I got a new CPU for my computer, and the fort is running twice as fast, sixty FPS from thirty. Sweet.
Congrats man!

I guess the humans brought your birthday gifts x)
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: May 05, 2013, 10:40:23 am »

Alright, today I'll try to get more stuff done. Also, it's now autumn, which means that... How long do I have until I need to stop playing? The save was at summer, so next summer? Or spring? Eh, I'll think about it when I get there.

Quick, I want more picks from the human traders! SpaceCat, you have good appraisal skills, be a broker! SpaceCat, stop hauling things around! Fine, anyone can play broker!
The mayor just mandated that we can't export low boots. This will not stop me from acquiring picks, or whatever the humans have to trade.
There's a whole bunch of stuff right at the trade depot already. I can't tell if this is all stuff we were going to use for trading, or that we got from trading. I'll just put a bunch of it up for trading and see what it's worth.

I should probably get some slabs engraved.
The merchants are leaving, so soon too. I'll need to trade for what I want right now. I just noticed that they have prepared bumblebee brains. As much as I'd like to know how they were prepared, I'm definitely buying some. I wonder if I can dare someone into eating these. I also got some rope reed and rat weed seeds, a cage, and a couple picks.
Alright, I think we've gotten rid of what was causing that miasma on the trap hall, dumping orders canceled, everyone back to mining.
Surprisingly, everyone here seems pretty happy, they're at the very least just fine. Well, that's good. God damnit I envisioned this place being some crazy madhouse of traps after I was done.
Whoa, a snow storm is going on right as the merchants started leaving. Except not, as the bridge is now up because I needed to see if the dwarves finally got the lever done, and now there are a bunch of undead muskoxen coming in and

WHAT. Oh shit where is it I don't know which one it is aaaa

I WANT EVERYONE ON THIS GUY.

SHIT NO GET OFF THIS GUY.
Okay, I think he can't get up, wall him off!

Okay, calm down, calm down. It's not going to be a problem, just let it bleed out until it dies. We lost five or so dwarves, but other than that, we're no worse off.

Oh shit, a bit of the project just collapsed. That wasn't supposed to happen, none of The Shit actually fell, and we lost another dwarf, SpaceCat. Things are starting to go a bit bad. Said dwarf is now alive again and chasing the other miners. Okay, now I think I can sic everyone on this one without them all dying. It's fine, situation is now normal.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 12:07:58 pm by Dinjoralo »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: May 05, 2013, 03:46:20 pm »

This is getting crazy. All kinds of crazy.

Keep it up and my next playthrough will be highly entertaining :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: May 05, 2013, 09:23:29 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yes! Mine! MINE! Keep digging, we'll show this tundra what for! Nothing can stand in our way towards this fine goal!

Well, this will probably be the end of that. It seems content swimming around down in the caverns, let's hope it stays there.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Crap, this might cause problems. Actually, wait, I need to be digging channels, not just down another layer. Glad I caught that now.

So, while I was looking for a carpenters workshop to make more cages so that the dwarves stop complaining about not being able to load the traps, I saw this:

Sucks to be that thing. It's actually still alive in there. Must be pissed.

Oh good, migrants. They came in on The Shit, but they got out of it quick enough to not get killed. Which is only good because orders getting canceled because of undead dwarves coming into the fort is really annoying.

I've canceled the mining operation temporarily so that the miners will work on removing a ramp near the bridge that is making our fort vulnerable while the bridge is down. This also had the fortunate side effect of causing the miners to haul all of SpaceCat's body parts out of where they can come back to annoy us. Thank Armok for that.
I've sent all the military dwarves to deal with the problems in the mining area. Gizogin died when I was still only sending one squad. One of them is throwing a tantrum, but I think he's being rather constructive with it.

Oh boy, little kids possessed. Let's see where this goes. He's got the workshop, but now there are goblin snatchers taking our kids. Also, a caravan has arrived, but the trader's in a fight with an undead raven.

I... I need to lie down.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 09:55:13 pm by Dinjoralo »

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: May 05, 2013, 09:29:26 pm »

Okay, SpaceCat's corpse coming back to kill the miners is becoming annoying. Anyone know how I can make it stop? I've set the parts to be dumped, but nobody's hauling them out, and I'll prbably need the militia dwarves for something more important later.
Try and lure it inside the fortress; things don't seem to come back to life when they've been killed indoors.
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: May 05, 2013, 09:57:14 pm »

Seriously, I don't know if it's my ineptitude or if I just came in at a bad time, but everything has gone to hell. I'm having a whale of a time, though. Good night everyone.

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: May 05, 2013, 11:41:09 pm »

...everything has gone to hell. I'm having a whale of a time, though.
Yeah, I was honestly a bit disappointed during most of the second half of my turn when everything was just kind of stable.
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 136