Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 553598 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - You Require Additional Cannons
« Reply #1620 on: May 11, 2013, 04:21:20 pm »

Speaking of unnecessarily intricate and luxurious manors, where the hell is mine?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: May 11, 2013, 05:07:51 pm »

Nah, that's not the sacrifice. It's somewhere else. Keep looking, though! :3 And do reassign me all the pretty rooms in the cluster there, other than the auxiliary bedrooms on the sides.
The royal bedroom is mine, dammit! You can have the other rooms, but the problem is that you died a long while ago, see here:
Oh, and here's a few bits from a short session before I go to bed;
  • El Presidente died when fighting two undead migrants
  • Balanash had a tantrum, probably from all the miasma caused by the rotting animals. I can't tell if he killed anyone besides some animals. He's alright now, though.
  • These undead migrants are pissing me off. They aren't attacking, I think, they're just hanging out in The Shit outside the entrance, so nobody's working on the bridge or walls Munky started.
I'm betting that there is no sacrifice and you're just telling us there is so that we'll drive ourselves crazy looking for it.
Speaking of unnecessarily intricate and luxurious manors, where the hell is mine?
From what I can tell, you don't have a room. Hell, I don't even know if you're alive right now. Count Eric is appearing in Therapist, but you aren't on the actual in-game unit list. One Eric has a mausoleum, if it helps.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 05:16:21 pm by Dinjoralo »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: May 11, 2013, 06:11:53 pm »

Well, no i wouldn't be on the dwarf unit list. I'm a zombie. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: May 12, 2013, 11:23:20 am »

Hey, is this that sacrifice thingy you were talking about, Lord Slowpoke?
That's arcangelsd's corpse, and there's no way out, the only way in being a hole surrounded by gem windows and two statues.

That's my room, mister. Your zombie ex-overseer demands you give him some cats to eat. It has been too long since I had a snack, dammit!
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: May 12, 2013, 04:19:19 pm »

Removing constructions is one of the, like, two things children will do. It's nice because it's a good way to lure them into an atom-smasher. :>
Shows how much I play this. I.E. Barely at all. People probably think this turn is funny because I have no idea what I'm doing, and a lot of the mishaps have sprung from that.

Quote from: DF Wiki
In fortress mode, children cannot be assigned any labor, but they will perform a few simple tasks on their own:

Socializing, like starting parties.
    Removing constructions (such as walls, floors, ramps).
    Eating, drinking, and sleeping as necessary.
    Harvesting crops, if the 'All dwarves harvest' order is on. This will also increase their grower skill. Naturally, almost all children will grow up with at least proficient in growing. They will also store the harvested food in a stockpile, fetching a barrel if needed.
    Planting seeds
    When they want to, storing their items. Yelling at them to clean their room has no effect.
    Children can enter strange moods.

Children may not be assigned to the nobility. However, they can be assigned bedrooms.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: May 12, 2013, 04:21:01 pm »

That's my room, mister. Your zombie ex-overseer demands you give him some cats to eat. It has been too long since I had a snack, dammit!
You already have a cat to eat, pipe down in there. Don't make me get the spray bottle.

Come back to me when you're actually threatening us. I suppose I should start getting some slabs engraved since things have gotten boring around here again.

The bridge is up, good luck getting in. Go prance around in The Shit and kill each other.

Ooh, more, and they're fighting some undead wolves. There is no way this can end well for them. Fetch me some popcorn. Aww, they left before any of them went necro.
Some nobody bowyer is in a fey mood. I hope it has engravings of popcorn on it. She's claimed a bowyers workshop, and is now constructing something.
Oh Armok, GoombaGeek is throwing a tantrum while me and Qwerty are sparring. I'm outta here. He went upstairs to punch Hostergaard a couple times before heading back to the barracks and calming down.

Ooh, useful.

Spring has arrived, and with that I step down. Here's the save. I hope you enjoyed my turn.

I BEAT DARK SOULS TODAY WOOOOO
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 04:24:51 pm by Dinjoralo »

Andreus

• Bay Watcher
  • Doom Consultant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: May 12, 2013, 05:33:51 pm »

THE GAME IS FUCKING ON, MOTHERFUCKERS.

Or at least it will be on Monday 'cause it's half past eleven at night over here and I'm completely hammered. In the meantime, have some appropriate music.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 05:39:50 pm by Andreus »

Ledi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: May 13, 2013, 03:33:35 am »

You already have a cat to eat, pipe down in there. Don't make me get the spray bottle.

What? NOOOOOO, Mister Fluffykins! CATS ARE NOT ZOMBIE FOOD! *sobs in a corner*
So Ledi's been training the cats into an army of disposable warbeasts?  Why did no-one think of this sooner?!
Hellcannon seemed to be constantly on the verge of death and Levergedon before my turn helped, but ultimately what killed it was Ledi's cat army.

Andreus

• Bay Watcher
  • Doom Consultant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: May 13, 2013, 06:31:12 am »

1st Granite, 515

*VWOOP*

Oh, it's you lot again. Let me just put this away and then we can talk.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: May 13, 2013, 09:50:22 am »

I'll try to clean up the thread today. Being a bit too busy lately.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Andreus

• Bay Watcher
  • Doom Consultant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: May 13, 2013, 11:43:51 am »

2nd Granite, 515
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I can't say I like what you've done with the place.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 12:13:51 pm by Andreus »

Andreus

• Bay Watcher
  • Doom Consultant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: May 13, 2013, 12:13:19 pm »

3rd Granite, 515

One of our tanners, Goombageek is throwing a perpetual tantrum. I've had about eighteen complaints about it from the other dwarves this morning alone. Ah, yes. This is the Aluonra I remember.

4th Granite, 515

I'm trying to work on our ghost problem. I see we've got rather a large number of walking corpses harassing our fortress already, so I'm looking at having some slabs carved to get rid of them.

In other news, hostergaard has been missing for a week. This being Horrorfailed, we'll just start carving a slab.

5th Granite, 515

Called it!

6th Granite, 515

I'm discovering all sorts of wonderful things about this fortress.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Looking at the architectural diagrams, it seems very much to me as if someone is attempting to drown the first cavern layer.

Not that I could blame them, you understand.

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: May 13, 2013, 01:06:04 pm »

Out of curiosity, am I still alive?
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

Andreus

• Bay Watcher
  • Doom Consultant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: May 13, 2013, 01:58:52 pm »

Yeah, you're still alive.

In other news, we have migrants and I don't know which levers open what gates to let them in.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 02:03:16 pm by Andreus »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: May 13, 2013, 02:11:21 pm »

Definitely the Aluonra you remember, then. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 136