Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 550395 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - You Require Additional Cannons
« Reply #1635 on: May 13, 2013, 06:47:25 pm »

Did all the updating. Checking dwarfed status and archive will have to wait. Also my turn appears to be next.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: May 13, 2013, 06:51:12 pm »

Still missed my second turn request:
I've PM'd Urist Imiknorris, and just in case it lasts that long, or a ton of people get ebola/get hit by a taco truck/fall off a skyscraper, I'd like another turn.
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: May 13, 2013, 08:31:16 pm »

Still missed my second turn request:
I've PM'd Urist Imiknorris, and just in case it lasts that long, or a ton of people get ebola/get hit by a taco truck/fall off a skyscraper, I'd like another turn.
Added on the right place on the list
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: May 14, 2013, 01:14:34 am »

Why are there cactus tiles all over the first cavern?

Goddammit, someone fucked up the transition from ascii to graphics again. LNP AUTO-CONVERT DOESN'T WORK ON MODDED GAMES, NO MATTER HOW MODDED!
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Andreus

• Bay Watcher
  • Doom Consultant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: May 14, 2013, 10:57:04 am »

Oh yeah, this also happened.

Just as planned...

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: May 14, 2013, 04:16:41 pm »

I hope someone finds Slowpokes sacrifice. I'm really curious about it.
Also, if you could continue my project to demolish the tundra of Muck and Mist, or as I call it, The Shit, that would be nice.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: May 14, 2013, 04:52:47 pm »

It's the huge statue of an H with Strategia's corpse on it. How could you miss that? :P

Come to think of it, I've known about it all along and never thought to mention it.
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: May 14, 2013, 05:04:58 pm »

Oh yeah, this also happened.

Just as planned...

I'll have my vengeance!

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: May 14, 2013, 06:32:00 pm »

It's the huge statue of an H with Strategia's corpse on it. How could you miss that? :P

Come to think of it, I've known about it all along and never thought to mention it.
Oh, that? I knew that was there, I didn't think that was a sacrifice. Or that it was an H.

Silverlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: May 14, 2013, 06:47:01 pm »

Oh, that? I knew that was there, I didn't think that was a sacrifice. Or that it was an H.

Back on page 85, there is a picture of it that I took in Overseer, but I called it a watchtower.  'Cause that's what I thought it was.   

If it is shaped like an H, shouldn't it be called a hackrifice?
"All right boys, let's strike the- *crack* whatthefwarblblub..."
"...Dibs on the pick."
Hidden beneath rusting weapons was a mass of assorted bones. An elf, a goblin, even an ogre. All just waiting for someone to walk by and notice them, like some kind of land mine of horror.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: May 14, 2013, 07:50:44 pm »

it is the stealthest little sacrifice to the dice god

that or the dice god manipulated your dice and you didn't report it

i wanted to build "HORRORFAILED" there but saw how horribly the h looks in stonesense and abandoned the idea

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: May 14, 2013, 07:52:12 pm »

it is the stealthest little sacrifice to the dice god

that or the dice god manipulated your dice and you didn't report it

i wanted to build "HORRORFAILED" there but saw how horribly the h looks in stonesense and abandoned the idea
What about a vertical "HORRORFAILED" with a letter on each level?

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: May 14, 2013, 08:09:23 pm »

Or, Speaking as someone who recentley finished re-reading Failcannon, place the letters next to one-another, like with the enterence sign there.

Also, after rereading that fort, it appears I was the first to find one could not establish a new fort in that world. The things you notice.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 08:11:45 pm by Paaaad »
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: May 14, 2013, 09:27:40 pm »

I am pleased to see that one of the only two survivors from my turn is The Space Who Makes The Weapons, along with Ledi, Murderous Cat Lady (...and Catalyst and AC from before that, somehow). But it seems we don't have a chief medical dwarf anymore, where'd Gizogin go? I don't recall anyone mentioning his disappearance, but I'm guessing they didn't notice because this is the Horrorfailed medical system we're talking about.

Speaking of medical stuff, lil' Jorlin has been strapped to a hospital bed for at least 5 years, despite having no injuries, and nobody has noticed.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 09:50:21 am by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Andreus

• Bay Watcher
  • Doom Consultant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: May 15, 2013, 03:26:19 am »

23rd Granite, 515
In what is likely a vain effort to simplify the operation of the fortress, I have begun the process of disassembling unlabeled levers that are clearly not connected to anything, and randomly pulling those that are until I work out what they do. Perhaps one of them will open the gates.

But honestly there's no hurry.

4th Slate, 515

Given that several official positions in Horrorfailed are mysteriously vacant (although the answer to such mysteries probably involve the words "they" and "died"), I have taken the liberty of appointing some dwarves to fill these positions. Helgoland is our new bookkeeper, armageddonCounselor our new broker and Aban Ingishmetul our new manager. I have appointed myself mayor simply upon the weight of having demanded the position publicly and the previous mayor having no objection to it.

My instinct tells me it's probably a bad sign he didn't make more of a fuss.

15th Slate, 515

Operation GHOSTFAIL is nearing completion, with the ghosts of Splint and Nani having finally been laid to rest. There are only two ghosts left in the fortress, those of Bembul Shigosmeng and Íteb Iroloddom, but for some reason the masons refuse to carve slabs with their names. I can only assume this is an act of deliberate sabotage, but of course, the possibility exists that their true names may be different from the names on the fortress' logbooks, which leaves us with only one option if Operation GHOSTFAIL is to be completed:

Memorialise every deceased dwarf in the fortress' logbooks.

We're gonna need more slabs.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 136