Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 538823 times)

jesternario

• Bay Watcher
  • Round 1! DANCE!
    • View Profile

So, out of curiosity, are you guys using the current version of Dwarf Fortress?
You are never lost as long as you have a trusty and reliable Compass. Mine kept pointing North, so I just removed the red Needle! Problem solved!

Then I proceeded to pick up the rest of the bunnies, the masterfully crafted bronze statue, and its head. The head will be his trophy... But I need money.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

So, out of curiosity, are you guys using the current version of Dwarf Fortress?

Yes.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

jesternario

• Bay Watcher
  • Round 1! DANCE!
    • View Profile

hurray! maybe if I get through the previous fortress before this dies (and the list isn't impossibly long), I'll ask for a turn.
You are never lost as long as you have a trusty and reliable Compass. Mine kept pointing North, so I just removed the red Needle! Problem solved!

Then I proceeded to pick up the rest of the bunnies, the masterfully crafted bronze statue, and its head. The head will be his trophy... But I need money.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

Deathsword, could you add me to the turn list again?  I asked a while ago, but it must've gotten lost in the updates

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn and dorf please?
Mr. Syde <all smithing> must be male and fond of cats

EDIT: The fondness of cats can be RPed
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 05:55:43 pm by Crocatowa »
The only dye dwarfs should use is MAGMA. And the only thing dwarfs should dye is ELVES.

inspiredsimji

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shoot, I also requested a turn on page 6. On looking over it, it was pretty easy to miss.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

I'll update both lists later. Meanwhile...

Deathsword's Log

I've been asked to lead this blasted place for this year and, Imketh Lorsďth Giken preserve me, I accepted. I used to lead a happy life in the mountainhomes, butchering pretty much everything they sent to me. It was a good life. Then he came. Andreus, I think he was called. Said the fate of the world was hanging in the balance, that it was being corrupted by evil, all that nonsense. I told him to go away and leave me to my butchering. The guards came later that day, claiming that I had "consorted" with an especially subversive philosopher and that I had to be incarcerated to prevent the philosophical taint from spreading. The name of that "subversive philosopher"? Andreus. Damn him.

Still, I'm here now, and I guess I should put my past behind me and try to make a better life for myself... wait, is that my ghost?

Urist's beard, what is wrong with this place? I need a drink.

Our "fort" is no more than some hole in the dirt, trapped between the corrosive goo above and the aquifer below. And it would seem that my ghost (wtf) is not the only one to haunt these "halls". I'd order them put to rest, if I could, but we have no stone, and, thus, no way to make slabs to appease the dead. So it falls to me, a butcher, to find a way to pierce the aquifer in order to access the stone beneath. This'll be a long year.

End of Log

EDIT: on a side note: I don't think we'll be able to let anyone in soon. There is an undead cow and a pool of muck in our entrance.

EDIT 2: some migrants got in. Still need to wait to see if they'll rot or not.

EDIT 3: and now a weregila monster has come. Looks like we'll have a zombie werebeast soon.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 03:04:56 pm by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell (BATTLEFAILED 4) - Ghost Fortress
« Reply #172 on: August 23, 2012, 03:00:14 pm »

Dig a new entrance in the grassland?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 23, 2012, 03:06:16 pm »

Too busy piercing the aquifer. I'll just let whomever comes next handle that.

EDIT: Strategia and Dinjoralo, the two migrants that got in, are currently miasming the fort and caused Sethrist to become very unhappy. So they are being quarantined to prevent tantrums.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 03:27:24 pm by Deathsword »
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 23, 2012, 03:43:02 pm »

Ah yes, I may have neglected to mention the zombie cow.  Ah well, it's not a big deal, really.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 23, 2012, 03:45:30 pm »

Zombie cow left. Living kobolds came and infiltrated the fort. Volfgarix and EmeraldWind are dead.

EDIT: hippies came and I need their wood, so they'll have to come in.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 03:48:21 pm by Deathsword »

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 23, 2012, 07:30:58 pm »

EDIT: Strategia and Dinjoralo, the two migrants that got in, are currently miasming the fort and caused Sethrist to become very unhappy. So they are being quarantined to prevent tantrums.
Wait, do you mean the old me that got killed, or that a new Dinjoralo got in, and then started dying on the turn he arrived again?
EDIT:Oh, wait, I'm an idiot and didn't read your last post's edits. Well, is he salvageable?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 07:41:17 pm by Dinjoralo »

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 23, 2012, 07:50:08 pm »

Wait, do you mean the old me that got killed, or that a new Dinjoralo got in, and then started dying on the turn he arrived again?
EDIT:Oh, wait, I'm an idiot and didn't read your last post's edits. Well, is he salvageable?
Maybe with some creative surgery he won't be rotting alive.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 23, 2012, 07:59:07 pm »

Maybe with some creative surgery he won't be rotting alive.
No medics. I just locked the both of them in a corner to starve to death. Strategia threw a tantrum and killed Dinjoralo. The miasma both ahd been spreading before I locked them caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 23, 2012, 08:42:13 pm »

The Fetid Muck isn't the dangerous liquid - The Nefarious Mist is the one that rots them.  It won't pop up in the wounds menu, you have to look at their description tab.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 136