Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 556134 times)

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles
« Reply #1680 on: May 21, 2013, 03:36:35 pm »

From the look of things, I don't think I was ever dorfed. There's no mention of anyone named "Ieb" in the Legends, at least. Oh well, whatever.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: May 23, 2013, 12:06:21 pm »

So, what will happen on this turn: I'll try do dwarf as many as I can. Military dwarfings get priority until I get at least 2 full squads (1 currently full after rearranging the current ones). I'll then start to make the weapon, still to be named. For that I'll need access to the surface for at least one miner, that's when the squads come in. I'll probably have to make a water reactor using the aquifer as well.

Deathsword's Log
Granite, Day 1
Seems like my requisition to be made Captain of the Guard went through. Was also named Overseer, which is how my requisition to become guard captain went through. Seems like we have 4 unresolved murders. Some say that an Overseer is responsible for what happens in a fortress during their rule, and Andreus was the last overseer. Since we have absoulutely no leads and I have absolutely no office, he gets the blame.

Granite, Day 5
Was approached today by some shady dwarf. Gave me a set of "blueprints" (as far as some scrawlings I don't really understand can be called blueprints anyway) and left before I could ask anything or detain  him. Or her. Still, this document seems intresting and I need a project to keep the fort busy for this year.

Granite, Day 6
Some fish cleaner, "Ieb the 1st" came to talk to me. Wanted a job that had something to do with killing people instead of gutting fish. Fish that we don't have, of course. Why do these people come here? "Hello, I'm a legendary fisherman. I came all the way to this tundra looking for work. You got any?" What did they expect? People to bask in awe of their fishing prowess and make them Overseer? ... Well, now that I think about it, I wouldn't put it past the inhabitants of this place. Anyway, made her hammerer. Sent her off to hammer people. Or something. Also got a report that Strategia's corpse is on the top of some construction made by some previous overseer. Not only that, but said location cannot be reached through any means.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 12:41:00 pm by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: May 23, 2013, 01:29:24 pm »

Also got a report that Strategia's corpse is on the top of some construction made by some previous overseer. Not only that, but said location cannot be reached through any means.

DING DING DING

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: May 23, 2013, 06:09:50 pm »

Hammerer eh? Well I was expecting to die gloriously bashing in heads of undead or goblins(and failing at it), but I guess I can bash in heads of fellow dorfs instead(and fail at it)!

I love you forever.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: May 23, 2013, 06:46:19 pm »

Status report: Space (the weaponsmith) is quite injuried after a attempting to build a rose gold bridge to Strategia. Zombie ravens are more dangerous than they look. Also the fortress is completely open to an attack by air.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Silverlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: May 23, 2013, 07:54:16 pm »

Also the fortress is completely open to an attack by air.

Oh, yeah, I meant to mention that . . .

a couple of months or so ago.
"All right boys, let's strike the- *crack* whatthefwarblblub..."
"...Dibs on the pick."
Hidden beneath rusting weapons was a mass of assorted bones. An elf, a goblin, even an ogre. All just waiting for someone to walk by and notice them, like some kind of land mine of horror.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: May 23, 2013, 08:25:30 pm »

Status report: Space (the weaponsmith) is quite injuried after a attempting to build a rose gold bridge to Strategia. Zombie ravens are more dangerous than they look. Also the fortress is completely open to an attack by air.
What is Space, Maker of Weapons, doing building bridges? I thought we learned our lesson from when we tried to have him Make The Armor.
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: May 23, 2013, 08:52:44 pm »

What is Space, Maker of Weapons, doing building bridges? I thought we learned our lesson from when we tried to have him Make The Armor.
Considering that bridge is 1-square wide, you could call it a weapon.

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: May 23, 2013, 09:28:59 pm »

Considering that bridge is 1-square wide, you could call it a weapon.
Anything can be a weapon in the hands of dwarfs.
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: May 25, 2013, 01:40:37 pm »

Deathsword's Log
Granite, 16
I have no idea where the lever that controls the gate in the trap hallway is even after pulling two random levers including one that said "Pull at your own
risk", so I am building a bypass and plugging it with a wall that can be removed whenever the time comes for letting people in. On other news the recovery
of Catalyst's body is nearly complete and I have also started building a safe house in addition to my main project.

Granite, 17
We are now quite knowledgeable when it comes to crundle training. I doubt anyone cares.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 01:46:01 pm by Deathsword »

Rum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: May 25, 2013, 07:53:32 pm »

Can i get dwarfed as Dailm?  Some sort of military dwarf if you please

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #1691 on: May 25, 2013, 09:46:05 pm »

Returning from a DF hitatus, I just realized my turn is almost here, and I'm scared ...

(catching up on HC, but I got the feeling shit is going to go down ...)
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: May 26, 2013, 04:04:40 pm »

Also got a report that Strategia's corpse is on the top of some construction made by some previous overseer. Not only that, but said location cannot be reached through any means.

I assume "any means" does not include the building of stairs. Though I presume that was what the bridge was about... oh well. whatevs
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: May 26, 2013, 05:44:48 pm »

I assume "any means" does not include the building of stairs. Though I presume that was what the bridge was about... oh well. whatevs
Two bridges. Too far for just one, but it's been recovered by now. The bridges should also help marksdwarfs shoot people, but dodging zombie ravens should also kill many.

Silverlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: May 26, 2013, 10:38:32 pm »

Two bridges. Too far for just one, but it's been recovered by now. The bridges should also help marksdwarfs shoot people, but dodging zombie ravens should also kill many.

So, a net plus then.
"All right boys, let's strike the- *crack* whatthefwarblblub..."
"...Dibs on the pick."
Hidden beneath rusting weapons was a mass of assorted bones. An elf, a goblin, even an ogre. All just waiting for someone to walk by and notice them, like some kind of land mine of horror.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 136