Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 555014 times)

Andreus

• Bay Watcher
  • Doom Consultant
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles
« Reply #1965 on: December 15, 2014, 05:12:46 am »

Although in terms of "weird human shit" the nearest human empire is ruled by a serpant woman who's also a vampire.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 05:14:20 am by Andreus »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: December 15, 2014, 06:07:16 am »

andrie, i think what's more important right now is "does anyone even have the game .pdf anymore"

link went down a while ago

but yeah, wasn't the metastory going something like "the world will reset, except it won't exactly" - just have someone better than me at writing figure out some ~spooky godly shit~ that'll justify the whole thing

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: December 15, 2014, 04:34:15 pm »

Yeah.... I don't remember -too- much from post-Failday lore, but I'm pretty sure we decided something along those lines.

now to go delving for lore...

EDIT: Horrorfailed was led by someone very much not Led Shakeoars, and there was some theorycrafting at the end of Hellcannon suggesting all those metaplot-relevant characters get modded in as descriptor shapes... I don't think there was much thought on what exactly was going to come out of Battlefailed V, maybe just start it with the same generic "GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY YOU PEASANTS" and see what happens to the plot from there?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 06:36:15 pm by laularukyrumo »
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Andreus

• Bay Watcher
  • Doom Consultant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: December 15, 2014, 11:54:30 pm »

Since the seed doesn't generate an identical world anyway, I was actually thinking of tossing a couple of secret mods in and running worldgen again so that people have a few surprises.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: December 16, 2014, 02:47:25 am »

"secret" mods

On the one hand, I don't want the surprise spoiled. On the other hand, something something something bone blocks that never fucking worked.

I guess if you're good enough with this to playtest all your seeeeecrets and make sure they work, you have my blessing. But that IS an "if."

Also for the love of Armok gen it in tileset and ASCII as well, because grumble grumble I'm an ascii purist and I'm proud of it! Tilesets butcher the punctuation anyways.
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Andreus

• Bay Watcher
  • Doom Consultant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: December 16, 2014, 08:18:00 am »

I'm in the process of playtesting my mods now, in fact. As for concurrent generation in both tileset and ASCII, I'm not sure if that can be done.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: January 01, 2015, 04:57:02 pm »

late as fuck but it doesn't need to be concurrent. It's just good to have ASCII raws and tileset raws, so that when someone picks it up and is using the other, they can just drop in the new raws and be fine.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: January 02, 2015, 12:50:56 pm »

Good to see this is coming along nicely. I might want to be an overseer this time, as long as I'm one of the later ones. I specialize in cleaning up old forts.

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: January 06, 2015, 12:58:18 pm »

On a related note, does anyone still have the PDF of the entire Battlefailed quadrilogy?
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: January 06, 2015, 05:04:51 pm »

If you guys are redoing Battlefailed, I so completely want a seat at the table.  The original Battlefailed and Bryan D's reclaim are my fave DF writing evar.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: January 20, 2015, 02:13:55 pm »

And then... ?
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1976 on: January 20, 2015, 11:37:56 pm »

If the original host isn't around, we still have worldgen params. I also support the shapes idea.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: January 20, 2015, 11:41:29 pm »

Deathsword still exists, he's in one of my mafia games right now.

Not sure why he isn't here here, but whatevs.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: August 24, 2015, 02:51:05 pm »

Why?  Why did it die?

Come back, sequel to Hellcannon... come back.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1979 on: August 24, 2015, 03:07:33 pm »

can i  e added to turn list?
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 136