Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 548052 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell (BATTLEFAILED 4) - It lives
« Reply #255 on: August 28, 2012, 11:06:10 am »

Finished the year. I'll write something and upload the save later today.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 29, 2012, 12:33:13 am »

Just upload the save and finish the writing part later if it's gonna take this long.
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 29, 2012, 02:11:30 am »

DFFD is slow to upload. I usually write my post while it uploads, then post it and say "upload will be ready in a while" if it's not done yet.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 29, 2012, 10:42:19 am »

The save.

I'll write something up later. PMing armeggedonCounselor now.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 29, 2012, 01:33:58 pm »

I am filled with trepidation. This is gonna be bad.

Downloading the save.

228 dead or missing. That's a great sign.

Migrants arrived. In the middle of the muck. Some are alive and uninjured, others have died. They're all being chased by zombies.

Open the fortress and let them in, or let them die?

Too late. They died.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 02:28:53 pm by armeggedonCounselor »
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 29, 2012, 02:19:11 pm »

If they arrived on the muck, they'll die. Better to let them die outside then let them fill the place with miasam, and there's the risk of some zombies getting in with them.

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 29, 2012, 02:41:28 pm »

If they arrived on the muck, they'll die. Better to let them die outside then let them fill the place with miasam, and there's the risk of some zombies getting in with them.

Actually it was the zombies that killed them. They didn't show any symptoms of the muck before they died, either.
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 29, 2012, 02:47:21 pm »

AC, as chief medic, it is your duty to help those people. (well... next time, before they die)
Did you not read what I said about hospitals and soap? >:[
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 02:52:02 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 29, 2012, 02:59:09 pm »

AC, as chief medic, it is your duty to help those people. (well... next time, before they die)
Did you not read what I said about hospitals and soap? >:[

As overseer, my priority is the wellbeing of the fortress. We have barely enough food supplies for the 4 living dwarfs. Plus the huge amount of undead outside the fortress makes opening the fortress an impossibility. They die so that we can live.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 29, 2012, 03:04:21 pm »

On a side note, has anything been done with the aquifer? If you're gonna be stuck underground for the rest of the year, you might as well try to get some mining done.

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 29, 2012, 03:06:05 pm »

I've never dealt with an aquifer before. I suppose I can try something....

Greasemunky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 29, 2012, 03:12:40 pm »

I think we might be setting a whole new mark for just how screwed a succession fort can be.
And hey, fps rose from 4 to 12 from all the death.  That's good, right?

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 29, 2012, 03:42:37 pm »

Mego! You spawned!

Now we have 5 dwarfs. Well. 4.5 dwarfs.

Dorfed babby as GoombaGeek, cuz I was just going down the list. Please don't eviscerate me.

And now EmeraldWind has spawned! We're up to 6 or so.

New child named Eric, due to Eric being the next one without special requests.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 04:04:59 pm by armeggedonCounselor »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 29, 2012, 04:29:16 pm »

I'm a defenseless child! Yay! :D

I would suggest you strategically avoid dealing with the aquifer. That will be extremely dangerous, and losing miners and their picks is both possible and 100% guaranteed to happen if you go with the "freeze the shit out of it" method.

Focus on food/drink supply and happiness. You can easily use the aquifer for water, and there's got to be some sort of underground plant seeds down there with you to start food production...

This fort is going to get absolutely swarmed by kobolds later, all because of the crap abandoned on the surface and the fortress being walled off 99% of the time.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 29, 2012, 04:31:51 pm »

I was beggining to do this when my dorf went berserk. You'll need wood, however. Try to salvage some from that pack-animal corpse not far from the fort (underground, not on the surface). It's exposed to the air, however, so watch out for fliers.

Spish, we have no skilled medics or soap. The muck's symptoms take some time to kick in, the zombies probably got to them before that.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 04:46:43 pm by Deathsword »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 136