Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 556272 times)

Volfgarix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why I'm not in Dorfing list? :[
Need nick change or something?
I just missed you. It's there now.

Thanks. :]
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 04:29:23 pm by Volfgarix »

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile

Oh, I missed the start of this thread?  That's not good!  I must be losing my touch.  Anyway, it's good to see that we're off to a rolling start already.  I can only hope that I wasn't one of the two casualties.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Volfgarix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know, Deathsword? Anybody gives their dwarves the same nicks as they have, so I will give my dwarf the same nick, rename Folwirgh as Volfgarix, please, that's all.

hostergaard

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull lever R
    • View Profile

Dworf me as a beekeeper and sign me up for a turn as a overseer.

If ya feel like setting it up, make me a big safe beekeepery, either above ground our underground. Use fortification to let the bees get outside and keep enemies there.

Furthermore, if possible I would like my dwarf to have the is "extremely cautious" personality trait, or similar.

Then, if you got the time, armor him up good in the best armor you can spare, he needs to be protected from those incredibly dangerous stings. Maybe even give him a hammer and shield to swat those buggers if they get to close. He/she is one cautious dwarf after all.   :P
They decided to leave my fortress via the circus because the front door was locked to keep Goblins out.  THAT should be an interesting trip back to the Mountainhome.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

Great to see some already died in the first turn. I'll update the OP with the new requests now.

It's not the fact that two have died that worries me, it's the fact that one of them has come BACK.  I _THINK_ he's immobile from blisters and broken bones, but I'm not opening the front door to find out.  The migrants can do that for me.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Great to see some already died in the first turn. I'll update the OP with the new requests now.

It's not the fact that two have died that worries me, it's the fact that one of them has come BACK.  I _THINK_ he's immobile from blisters and broken bones, but I'm not opening the front door to find out.  The migrants can do that for me.

Who is the dead-dead dwarf and who is the undead dwarf?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

DevilEd is sitting out in the field rotting away and being decidedly undead.  I can't recall off the top of my head who the dead-dead dwarf is, I'll look when I play a bit later today.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile

Add me to the dwarf list as EmeraldWind.

Any dwarf is fine.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile

Hang on a minute, I'm second on the turn list?  That means my turn will decidedly shape the rest of the fortress, and I don't even have to deal with all that tedious just-after-embark nonsense.  It does also mean that I'll probably have to deal with the aquifer, or just put it off until someone with more experience and patience gets around to it.
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Hang on a minute, I'm second on the turn list?  That means my turn will decidedly shape the rest of the fortress, and I don't even have to deal with all that tedious just-after-embark nonsense.  It does also mean that I'll probably have to deal with the aquifer, or just put it off until someone with more experience and patience gets around to it.

Eh, just channel out a big (11x11+) pit and expose it to air, then tunnel into that. repeat until a) you breach the aquifer or b) the hole is too small to continue digging into.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eh, just channel out a big (11x11+) pit and expose it to air, then tunnel into that. repeat until a) you breach the aquifer or b) the hole is too small to continue digging into.

Problem: evil rain.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile

Problem: evil rain.

I see no problem here.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Ok, the evil rain will very likely kill everyone... Try breaching it from above down in the grasslands.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wonder what'll happen to the first vampire we find. Or the first werebeast captured.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Or you could just expose the aquifer to the open air and freeze your way through it. Shouldn't be too difficult in this climate.

Edit: Ah, Blank beat me to it.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 10:57:33 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 136