Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 553851 times)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell (BATTLEFAILED 4) - It lives
« Reply #420 on: September 04, 2012, 09:07:27 pm »

No, no, I get that terrible terrible things happen to every Battlefailed fort. I did read the entirety of Battlefailed and Failcannon. It's just that no one is doing the updates well. I used to think I was the absolute master of low-content succession fort posts (horrible horrible screencapture problems did not help) but my posts for a year could generally total like two pages double-spaced counting season headers.

That's not the Battlefailed curse. The Battlefailed curse is real life rising up to devour the current overseer before he or she completes their turn.

In my defense, nothing happened during my turn. Mostly because I played it safe and just tried to keep everyone we currently had alive and happy. I was quite successful in that respect.

I'm fairly certain that should be renamed the Swordthunders curse.  We've physically LOST an overseer somewhere.

Another reason for me to read swordthunders, I guess.

Also, Sinpwn: Is the fort running without major problems?

... Now that I think about it, we probably should be ready for errors like those that happened with Hellcannon during The Master's turn.

It's the reclaim of Swordthunders that had been eating people. Also Battlefailed did it first.

Regarding the errors, where's that Nemesis picture I had?

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 05, 2012, 02:16:56 am »

Anyways, could one of you overseers give us a proper succession fort update? I never thought I'd say this, but if I had the time I could do better updates than any of you have managed. Which is saying something, if you look at my previous succession fort attempts.

Hey newcomer.  Welcome to the Battlefailed saga.

It's not that you aren't welcome here, but please contribute something before complaining.  It's not the best way to introduce yourself.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 05, 2012, 03:43:57 am »

Anyways, could one of you overseers give us a proper succession fort update? I never thought I'd say this, but if I had the time I could do better updates than any of you have managed. Which is saying something, if you look at my previous succession fort attempts.

Hey newcomer.  Welcome to the Battlefailed saga.

It's not that you aren't welcome here, but please contribute something before complaining.  It's not the best way to introduce yourself.

I dunno... he has a point. With most succession games, I have a pretty good image in my head of the fort's structure by this point, which helps give context to the journals. Not here, though. There really needs to be more screencaps.

And yes, I'm aware that I probably fall under the 'newcomer' heading as well. Please don't hurt me.

@(name here):

You probably could have put it more politely, though... saying 'I could do better' does not leave a good impression. No harm done, though, I should think :)
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 05, 2012, 06:54:06 am »

Yeah, this is the hornets nest I was prodding at earlier. I hope the next overseer provides a couple screencaptures.
Also, I was thinking of doing a bit of posthumous journal-based RP-ing. Not now, but later. Is that okay?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 05, 2012, 08:14:38 am »

Yeah, this is the hornets nest I was prodding at earlier. I hope the next overseer provides a couple screencaptures.
Also, I was thinking of doing a bit of posthumous journal-based RP-ing. Not now, but later. Is that okay?

Eric wrote on the fabric of reality itself during Hellcannon, and tore it several times. I think posthumous journals are perfectly acceptable.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: September 05, 2012, 10:35:04 am »

That was Gizogin. I did no such thing!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 05, 2012, 11:31:58 am »

Dorf me please. Triaxx, Male. Miner. Nickname: Failbringer.

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 05, 2012, 11:49:07 am »

WE HAVE AN ELF IN OUR MIDST!

Kill it!
Bathe it with Magma!
The only dye dwarfs should use is MAGMA. And the only thing dwarfs should dye is ELVES.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 05, 2012, 12:02:40 pm »

Kill it!
Bathe it with Magma!

No, don't!  I need test subjects for my Demister project.  If I can actually collect a cloud of nefarious mist, that is.

(name here)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 05, 2012, 12:48:41 pm »

Yeah, in hindsight that comes off as much more like a smug jerk than intended.

See, I used myself as a point of comparison because I am honestly embarrassed by the low quality of my overseer posts. I was not kidding about totaling two pages double-spaced. For an entire year, with few to no pictures. I would prefer much, much better posts than I can manage, but would have felt kind of hypocritical demanding that.
Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones 

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 05, 2012, 01:01:15 pm »

Kill it!
Bathe it with Magma!

No, don't!  I need test subjects for my Demister project.  If I can actually collect a cloud of nefarious mist, that is.

No don't. I like living.
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 05, 2012, 01:47:07 pm »

Kill it!
Bathe it with Magma!

No don't. I like living.

Good, because there's a chance you'll survive.

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 05, 2012, 02:10:07 pm »

Even if there's no screencaps, it's important for the overseers to let everyone else know what's going on, and that doesn't seem to be happening as much as it really should.
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 05, 2012, 02:20:45 pm »

Even if there's no screencaps, it's important for the overseers to let everyone else know what's going on, and that doesn't seem to be happening as much as it really should.

I somewhat agree with this, even though there are few things more entertaining than seeing someone's reaction to the various "surprises" we tend to leave for each other.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 05, 2012, 02:32:41 pm »

Well, the big thing about screencaps is that they're probably the most efficient way of building an image of the fortress's layout. A single screencap can quickly establish where something is in relation to other things in the fort.

Granted, I'm willing to bet that the entirety of Chateau Horrorfailed consists of a festering hole in the dirt strewn with corpses in various states of unlife, and you can't screencap infrastructure that hasn't been built.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 136