Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 555663 times)

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile

If you haven't dwarfed me yet, I'd prefer one with somewhat above average thrill-seeking/risk taking, and at least  "put off by authority and tradition" if not moreso as personality traits.  If that's not possible I understand, just hoping for a dwarf who seems inclined toward chaos.  More so than average.
You are part of the starting seven, so a bit too late for that.
No, see, I'm reserving my spot for the reclaim, which will probably be the second turn at this rate :P
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile

DevilEd is sitting out in the field rotting away and being decidedly undead.  I can't recall off the top of my head who the dead-dead dwarf is, I'll look when I play a bit later today.

As punishment of me dieing I'm going to fuck up the migrants.

Ledi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well now, it wouldn't be a new fort without a Crazy Cat Lady to run around screaming with numerous fuzzy minions fighting demons now, would it? XD

Requesting a renewing dwarfdom,

Name: Ledi
Profession: Anything, but labelled Crazy Cat Lady
Other: "Likes Cats" in personality description.

If when I die there isn't another cat lover, I'm good to wait until one migrates in. ^^
So Ledi's been training the cats into an army of disposable warbeasts?  Why did no-one think of this sooner?!
Hellcannon seemed to be constantly on the verge of death and Levergedon before my turn helped, but ultimately what killed it was Ledi's cat army.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

If you haven't dwarfed me yet, I'd prefer one with somewhat above average thrill-seeking/risk taking, and at least  "put off by authority and tradition" if not moreso as personality traits.  If that's not possible I understand, just hoping for a dwarf who seems inclined toward chaos.  More so than average.
You are part of the starting seven, so a bit too late for that.
No, see, I'm reserving my spot for the reclaim, which will probably be the second turn at this rate :P

Your faith in me is noted.  Guess who's going to see if Ed's immobile or not?

Also, the weather's not frozen year-round.  It thaws in the summer.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Aussie Journal - Granite 1, 501.

The wagon's axle broke, stranding us in the middle of nowhere, freezing our collective asses off.  Watching Catalyst talk of continuing onto our destination on-foot, I simply laughed and reminded him of the local wildlife.  We're already down half the cats we started with, I don't think we can afford to lose any more.  Ledi would be... displeased when she arrives. Phase One completed successfully.

Malachite 12, 501

It is summer now, but the fort fares poorly.  Whenever clouds gather, we fear what will fall from the heavens as it is quite often a horrible bile that stains the land and blisters our skin to the touch, leaving us blind and swollen.

Thankfully, it is not fatal and subsides after a time.  Since our small home was dug out, I have made plans for a basic power source and quarantine shower in the front entrance.  Sadly, they are not likely to be completed before the year is up - Only two levels down I discovered an aquifer that spans for kilometers in every direction.  Normally an aquifer is a cause for joy amongst the Australis Engineerium, but this will keep me from being able to begin my projects in a way these madmen might be able to follow.  Delays in Phase 2, unable to set the unwitting on their paths

We number only Four now.  Gizogin and Deathsword fell to zombie Ravens and the horror that was the corpse of what had been one of our cats.  One of our number was lost to a herd of undead elk, coloquially known amongst our small group as Delk.  We would mourn 'Devil Ed', as he called himself, but he has sat back up and started groaning.

Spoiler:  DevilEd's Demise (click to show/hide)
I believe his wounds have left Zombie Ed immobile, but I daren't unlock the simple wooden hatch that shields us from the outside world to investigate.  Migrants should be arriving soon.  They will prove adequate volunteers to test Subject Alpha to determine external safety to the Site.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 04:47:12 am by ThatAussieGuy »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Added Ledi to the dwarfing list. Also Gizogin and myself due to our demise.

DevilEd, do you want to wait until your zombie is defeated to be placed on the dorfing list, or should I add your name now?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Added Ledi to the dwarfing list. Also Gizogin and myself due to our demise.

DevilEd, do you want to wait until your zombie is defeated to be placed on the dorfing list, or should I add your name now?

I think anyone who gets Turned shouldn't be redwarfed until the zombie's killed.  If you're going to do the possessive spirits thing again, I don't think you can claim a new body while old one's still roaming about and trying to kill things.

jesternario

• Bay Watcher
  • Round 1! DANCE!
    • View Profile

Oh Good! You guys are STILL going with this!

I'm just no on FailCannon. I can't wait to see what happens between then and when I get to this thread proper. Heck! I just hope you are still going by that time so I can enjoy the fun in real time.
You are never lost as long as you have a trusty and reliable Compass. Mine kept pointing North, so I just removed the red Needle! Problem solved!

Then I proceeded to pick up the rest of the bunnies, the masterfully crafted bronze statue, and its head. The head will be his trophy... But I need money.

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile

Sign me up for a turn, yet again, and a dwarf!

Arcangelsd-any dwarf- NO ME IMPORTA (Yes, that's what I want my profession name to be)

Well, this embark escalated quickly.

Edit: What version are we using?
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile

If Zombie Ed is immobile, the migrants should make it in ok.  Barring of course, more clouds or skelk attacks.

Personally though, I wouldn't put it past some migrants to poke Ed's moaning corpse with a stick. Y'know, for kicks.

If this is 0.34.11, I think I'll sign up for a turn as overseer as well. My first try at a succession fort shouldn't screw Horrorfailed up any more than it will be, right?  :P
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Zombie Ed isn't immobile. Creatures are never immobile without very specific tags, which he wouldn't have.

That being said, he's probably very, very slow.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile

I'm dead?  Already?  This is a good sign, I think.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile

I'm just no on FailCannon. I can't wait to see what happens between then and when I get to this thread proper. Heck! I just hope you are still going by that time so I can enjoy the fun in real time.

Honestly Failcannon is my favorite of the trilogy.  Enjoy!

I think anyone who gets Turned shouldn't be redwarfed until the zombie's killed.  If you're going to do the possessive spirits thing again, I don't think you can claim a new body while old one's still roaming about and trying to kill things.

I for one am not going to do the possessing spirit thing this time.  Time for a new character... though lets say they are the other Catalyst's ancestor, for laughs.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could I be dorfed please?

Name: Thaddeus the Fail-Saint
Nickname: Fail
Profession: Sword or Axe dwarf, whichever is available first

Also, could I be a recurring dwarf? Thank you much!
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile

Whoops, Deathsword, I also requested a turn, but it seems you missed it.
So, we're using the last version? I will give the new things a try then.
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 136