Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 556104 times)

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Requesting a turn, and a dwarf

Name: Dark_T_Zeratul
Profession: Military preferred
Custom Profession: Dark Templar
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Placed arcangelsd as 14th on the turn list and added Dark_T_Zeratul's turn and dorf request.

Please check the dwarfing request format in the dorfing list post. And keep in mind that it may be best if you don't request dwarfs with specific mental traits, due to high mortality (and thus dorfing) rate. The less you ask for, the faster you get dorfed.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Evidently people are tripping over eachother when leaving the temporary shelter, and whilw I shouldn't be wasting bars on more pikes and a crossbow, zweihanders are very resource consuming (damn my love of hard hitting multigrasp weapons.)

The mastiffs and dogs following the trainer around spooked the cyotes away, which in the short term is good. Shearing away the peak is yeilding more stone and many many gems and I need bars and anvils to make the bigger and better smelters. I hope I can throw up a good wall around the forgeworks before next spring...

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile

Any chance I could get a screencap of my dorf's thoughts & personality?
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

You know what? Sign me up for a turn. I'll have probably gotten back into DF by the time it rolls around.

Also a dwarf, preferably a mechanic. I shall be the harvester of souls, and my weapons will be the most glorious deathtraps seen by any still living!

EDIT: Urist Imiknorris - Mechanic - Mad Machinist
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 11:11:25 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

Any chance I could get a screencap of my dorf's thoughts & personality?

Here you are

Spoiler:  Catalyst (click to show/hide)

Unfortunately, you're presently running around babbling madly  Edit:  Sorry, you're presently running around naked and babbling madly.  Being locked inside with minimal food, water and the deaths of three of your friends probably made you somewhat upset.

blarg552

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Am I on the dorfing list?

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile

Edit:  Sorry, you're presently running around naked and babbling madly.  Being locked inside with minimal food, water and the deaths of three of your friends probably made you somewhat upset.

Sigged that so hard.  This fortress is already getting off great.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, I do love the name-generator.  DevilEd, your corpse has picked up a title - Creepyrisk. 

Migrants have turned up, but gizogin has dropped dead due to an undead hedgehog.  We number six right now, three migrants and three originals including my dwarf.  I'll do some pictures, but there's not much to show beyond what I tell in this turn, sorry.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile

This honestly reminds me of how the original Battlefailed began. IIRC, it was a constant battle to keep dwarves alive long enough to see the next migrant wave.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Right, I've dwarfed the following

Spoiler: Mego (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GoombaGeek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Erica Blank (click to show/hide)

I was going in descending order, but some jobs simply aren't available at the moment.

Also, somehow TAD has gotten ahold of a Silver War Hammer.  He is WRECKING undead shit with it. I recommend leaving him as the sheriff and military commander after my year is up, we could get a Doren in our fort if he continuously murders his way through the local zombies like this  Edit:  He just went stark raving mad.  He smashed DevilEd to pulp with his hammer and he's busily clearing out the zombie cat population.  Whoever added all the cats to our starting group caused a lot of trouble - they died and became an even bigger pest than live ones.

Edit:  I just learned our Civilization is the Mechanism of Insanity.  Whoever picked that, you're a wonderful person.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 12:56:46 am by ThatAussieGuy »

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sandstone 17, 501 -

We number 11 now.  I have taken to feigning insanity as people are starting to question my taking all the major leadership positions.  It was that or turn ruthless, and that would not work to the fort's benefit or to those of the Plan.  I managed to feign my death in a cloud of miasma that swirls through our small fort, though I don't know the cause of it.

GoombaGeek and Erica have perished, though I don't know the cause. 

Sandstone 21, 501.

We number 3.  The migrants that ventured to our fortress crossed across not only what  I have termed "The Blistermuck", but apparently a pool of nefarious mist.  This caused them to rot from the inside-out as they entered the fortress and perish horribly.  I am watching from the shadows, looking for someone suitable to disguise myself as, but I fear for this fort's sustainability in the short term.  We need dwarves safe, and we desperately need stone.  I intend to steal the expected caravan's entire stock of goods, as it may be our only chance for short-term viability. (I'm going to un-build the depot when it arrives and steal their goods.  We really need a decent amount of supplies to survive in the short-term.  If you don't want me to, let me know and I won't do it)  Project derailed.  Mist is not viable for weaponization and should be purged.  Weaponization options for other site elements still viable upon worker force increase

Some Time in Mid-Timber -

The others are dead.  I have concealed myself in a small chamber with food and booze, enough to sustain me until another expedition is brought to this place by the machinations of the Australis Engineerum.  I have laid basic notes and the beginnings of a power source for the next group to follow, I merely hope they do so.  When I can integrate with the next group, I plan to nudge their leader into building a pump system to flood the surface - flushing the muck away would improve our survivability immensely.

THE FORT HAS FALLEN, LONG LIVE THE FORT!

--Notes for the next guy in general--

The Fetid Muck isn't dangerous long-term, it blisters any dwarf or animal that touches it from head-to-toe, but they recover in time.

Nefarious Mist, however, is a death sentence.  There's a pool of it mixed with the fallen Much to the west of the fort (the streams of grey mixed with the yellow) and anything that steps in it will rot COMPLETELY and die in weeks.  There is also a cloud of it that passes from South-east to North-East and generally avoids where the fortress is. 

Wilddeath - There's undead ravens in the area.  They're more a nuisance than a threat, but still be careful.  The zombification region SEEMS to be restricted to the north-east area as well.  Keep the fort tunnels away from there if possible.

For the next expedition Come ARMED and ready.   The object scatter on reclaim means you'll potentially have corpses scattered into the Haunted region.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 01:31:57 am by ThatAussieGuy »

Ledi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Please check the dwarfing request format in the dorfing list post. And keep in mind that it may be best if you don't request dwarfs with specific mental traits, due to high mortality (and thus dorfing) rate. The less you ask for, the faster you get dorfed.

Whoops, sorry Deathsword. I see you added me, but I'll reformat here.

Also I'm aware of the sporadity of being a Crazy Cat Lady, but I'm also willing to wait until we get cat-lovers each time I die. XD Someone needs to protect the kittens from becoming breakfast! Just liking cats means I'm very likely to tantrum at the drop of a hat when my pets get killed, so I may as well give the current overseer someone to blame each time. It worked for the end of Hellcannon (and the revolt in Failcannon).

NAME - PROFESSION - CUSTOM PROFESSION NAME - EXTRA REQUESTS

Ledi #- Anything - Crazy Cat Lady - Must like cats (can be male). # is current number (II, III, IV etc)
So Ledi's been training the cats into an army of disposable warbeasts?  Why did no-one think of this sooner?!
Hellcannon seemed to be constantly on the verge of death and Levergedon before my turn helped, but ultimately what killed it was Ledi's cat army.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

Well damn. This is turning out just about as well as could be expected.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

Aww. Erica and I didn't even get to enjoy being married in a hellhole.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 136