Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 538916 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell (BATTLEFAILED 4) - It lives
« Reply #690 on: September 23, 2012, 10:43:11 pm »

Deathsword's Log

More poor fools appeared and once more the deceased took control of their bodies and expelled their souls. Fortunately I managed to grab a body as well.

But my temporary insanity and brief time as a ghost helped me learn of a few things.

First, as revealed to me before my last death, there is thing thing called The Foul One that wants to consume reality itself. And that is bad.

Second, apparently places where many have died (in other words: Battlefailed, Failcannon, Hellcannon and Horrorfailed) cause the fabric of reality to weaken, allowing It to send it's minions through. This is also bad.

Third, I tried to drift away from here as a ghost. I found that I simply couldn't keep going after a certain distance. As if I was bound here. I talked to some of the other ghosts and they confirmed that no one seems to be able to leave this area. I don't know if this is bad or not.

End of Log
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: September 23, 2012, 11:04:44 pm »

Deathsword's Log

More poor fools appeared and once more the deceased took control of their bodies and expelled their souls. Fortunately I managed to grab a body as well.

But my temporary insanity and brief time as a ghost helped me learn of a few things.

First, as revealed to me before my last death, there is thing thing called The Foul One that wants to consume reality itself. And that is bad.

Second, apparently places where many have died (in other words: Battlefailed, Failcannon, Hellcannon and Horrorfailed) cause the fabric of reality to weaken, allowing It to send it's minions through. This is also bad.

Third, I tried to drift away from here as a ghost. I found that I simply couldn't keep going after a certain distance. As if I was bound here. I talked to some of the other ghosts and they confirmed that no one seems to be able to leave this area. I don't know if this is bad or not.

End of Log

Journal of Mego

I can feel it. This place is getting stranger, and I didn't think that was possible. Things are flashing in and out of existence. There is a puddle of blood that the medical examiners say belongs to ThatAussieDwarf, but TAD has no wounds which would cause him to lose blood. Lights flash briefly in dark caverns. I see dwarves who I do not recognize going around corners in our corridors. When I go to follow, they are gone. This does not bode well for us.

More elaboration later; the overseer is digging out a new dining room, and I must go see the work. That sort of thing excites me.

End of Entry

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: September 24, 2012, 03:25:18 pm »

I'm done with my journal! This one's a doozy, so I'll put it in spoilers.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

...Anyone know how to put text in more specific colors? Like cerulean?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 09:21:39 pm by Dinjoralo »

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: September 24, 2012, 08:53:20 pm »

Looking at my schedule and the list of overseers, I'd like to request a turn as leader of this madhouse, please. Just pencil me in wherever you deem fit, please :)
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: September 24, 2012, 09:50:34 pm »

Looking at my schedule and the list of overseers, I'd like to request a turn as leader of this madhouse, please. Just pencil me in wherever you deem fit, please :)

Suddenly, your schedule is full of random things like engraving slabs and attending meetings.

Seriously, it's beyond ridiculous what the Battlefailed saga (as well as the Swordthunders reclaim) does to people's time. These forts need to be classified as a damn SCP.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: September 24, 2012, 10:17:09 pm »

That would put DF and anyone that plays it in their own little place in the SCP archives, since they're the root of the problem.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: September 24, 2012, 10:42:33 pm »

That would put DF and anyone that plays it in their own little place in the SCP archives, since they're the root of the problem.

I'd probably get locked up with a Euclid rating for what I've done in DF.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: September 24, 2012, 10:55:28 pm »

Well, Robocorn started Battlefailed, so he'd probably get locked away too.

...wait, when was the last time we saw Robocorn?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: September 24, 2012, 10:57:32 pm »

Well, Robocorn started Battlefailed, so he'd probably get locked away too.

...wait, when was the last time we saw Robocorn?

He's probably wherever Squirrelloid has vanished to.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: September 24, 2012, 11:19:02 pm »

Dwarf me please.

Tasrak-no preference-eccentric wizard-perpetual redwarfing

Because nobody stays dead anymore. How does that work anyway? As far as I know Andreus was the only real wizard.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 11:20:34 pm by Vgray »

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: September 25, 2012, 12:20:09 am »

Dwarf me please.

Tasrak-no preference-eccentric wizard-perpetual redwarfing

Because nobody stays dead anymore. How does that work anyway? As far as I know Andreus was the only real wizard.

Andreus's dwarf learned the magic of the gods, which allowed him to body surf in Battlefailed. Others began imitating him, but they were only spirits possessing living dwarves, rather than Andreus becoming the new dwarf while retaining his memories and personality. My dwarf discovered the source of Andreus's dwarf's knowledge, which allowed him to body surf as well. Apparently, body surfing is bad for the fabric of reality, because our shenanigans weakened it to the point that Gizogin's dwarf's writing ripped it completely asunder, allowing all the souls from Battlefailed and Failcannon to flood in and merge with their Hellcannon counterparts. All the dwarves eventually died and got absorbed by the fortress, which led a final stand against the Foul One. Reality was reset, and everything was ok again. My dwarf lost the ability of body surfing, but continued to possess new arrivals until the fortress's end. Andreus's dwarf was still able to body surf, for reasons unknown. Apparently the gods like him or something. And then we got Kar 'El Presidente' Puwuncobi, who somehow regenerated every time he died. That's probably related to Lur Thiefwitch, who suddenly disappeared during Failcannon.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: September 25, 2012, 12:20:43 am »

The souls of the dead just kinda repossess any mortals that happen along. Never really explained why said mortals just vanish and never put up a fight/try to reclaim their body.

Or Mego can just ninja me to hell. :P
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 12:22:26 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: September 25, 2012, 12:24:40 am »

The souls of the dead just kinda repossess any mortals that happen along. Never really explained why said mortals just vanish and never put up a fight/try to reclaim their body.

Recruiter: "Ready to go?"
Migrant: "Yes! I shall attain my destiny of riches and fame at <Battlefailed|Failcannon|Hellcannon|Horrorfailed>!"
Recruiter: "Just remember what you learned here, and you'll do fine. Oh, one more thing. If a dead dwarf's soul tries to possess you, don't resist. You'll lose no matter what, and it's less painful if you just let it happen."
Migrant: "WHAT?!?!?!?"
Recruiter: "Good luck!"

EDIT: Also, new response to the following quote:

No, Aussie, you'd be too much of a threat. You'd get blasted into the sun.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 12:41:32 am by Mego »

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: September 25, 2012, 09:18:54 am »

No, Aussie, you'd be too much of a threat. You'd get blasted into the sun.

They would try, but he'd keep showing up afterward, wearing a fake mustache and beard.

That's assuming SCP personnel are in one of their scarily competent phases, and not one of their hilariously incompetent phases.
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell (BATTLEFAILED 4) - Beware the Aussie
« Reply #704 on: September 25, 2012, 02:57:56 pm »

I think the whole body surfing thing doesn't apply to me, given where I'm going to go with my journals. As soon as another me shows up and dies before he get's any screen time.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 136