Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 552688 times)

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell (BATTLEFAILED 4) - Beware the Aussie
« Reply #810 on: October 06, 2012, 04:30:28 pm »

What is our current population - and how the bloody hell did you get them inside??!

This is incredible, seeing yet another Battlefailed fort surge back from the very brink of extermination.  It is becoming a defining characteristic.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: October 06, 2012, 05:46:08 pm »

Current population is 33.

Mainly because the caravan arrived with five fully-armed hunter badasses who immediately began laying waste to everything in Saint-esque fashion without any guidance from me. Backed by a few surprisingly punchy dwarves (and a werearmadillo) they managed to kill damn near half of everything on the map, as there were only around 20 zombies left by the time I let them in. But not to worry, the zombie population is steadily on the rise again.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 06:22:42 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: October 06, 2012, 06:23:50 pm »

Oh, so it isn't just Armok deciding to go throw invisible zombie attracting rods somewhere else. Huh.
I'm having a lot of fun with the fortress. Fell moods, werearmadillos, vampires, zombie titans, all of this barely two months in. Everything is just perfect so far.
Wai-holdonholdo-WHAT?! Zombie TITANS?! We must see the inevitable battle logs! For Great Justice!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: October 06, 2012, 06:33:00 pm »

Who died from the fell mood?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: October 06, 2012, 06:39:44 pm »

I need to stop spoiling stuff and just write the damn updates. It might be a while because I'm not feeling particularly inspired right now. :-\
Oh, so it isn't just Armok deciding to go throw invisible zombie attracting rods somewhere else. Huh.
Well, that too. You'd think they'd all just swarm the dorfs at once, but that's not how the AI works apparently. Zombies are lazy.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 08:11:26 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: October 06, 2012, 09:12:01 pm »

Just thought I'd let you guys know the undead don't attack vampires. If you *hint hint* wanted to make the important dorfs vampires (which also has the side benefit of preventing the important dorfs from being drained by vampires), you could always injure a vampire in a 1x1 whole and build a well over his blood after putting a bit of water in.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 10:21:18 pm by Archereon »
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Silverlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: October 06, 2012, 09:50:59 pm »

My first-ever dwarfing!  And I'm adequate!  Swoon, I shall.
"All right boys, let's strike the- *crack* whatthefwarblblub..."
"...Dibs on the pick."
Hidden beneath rusting weapons was a mass of assorted bones. An elf, a goblin, even an ogre. All just waiting for someone to walk by and notice them, like some kind of land mine of horror.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: October 06, 2012, 10:22:30 pm »

Just thought I'd let you guys know the undead don't attack vampires. If you *hint hint* wanted to make the important dorfs vampires (which also has the side benefit of preventing the important dorfs from being drained by vampires), you could always injure a vampire in a 1x1 whole and build a well over his blood after putting a bit of water in.

You could indeed turn on blood smearing in fortress mode, and get everyone infected with vampirism. Just take away the booze, and let them drink from a contaminated well.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: October 06, 2012, 10:30:58 pm »

The problem is that we'd end with ultra-slow and unhappy dorfs since vampires don't drink at all, yet are still suffer from booze-withdrawl. Besides, vampires belong in walled-off 1x1 rooms.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: October 06, 2012, 10:37:55 pm »

The problem is that we'd end with ultra-slow and unhappy dorfs since vampires don't drink at all, yet are still suffer from booze-withdrawl. Besides, vampires belong in walled-off 1x1 rooms.

We could perform horrific genetic engineering experiments to correct that defect. For !!SCIENCE!!

((Read: We could change the RAWS. FOR SCIENCE!))
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: October 06, 2012, 10:54:06 pm »

Oh. I was under the impression Toady fixed that bug.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: October 06, 2012, 10:59:33 pm »

Who died from the fell mood?

Oh man, I missed the part about a fell mood.  You're telling me I missed a fell mood - first one I've ever seen - by just a few months?! awwww

I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: October 06, 2012, 11:06:56 pm »

Though it might be productive to sacrifice one or two to this fate in order to send them outside to build a secure entrance, finally.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: October 07, 2012, 12:10:22 am »

I think Thaddeus might have a little bit of elf in him, judging by his description
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #824 on: October 07, 2012, 01:45:13 am »

I believe they'll feed on anything (including animals) who are unconsciousnesses, and I think if they feed, it counts at booze. I've been meaning to try to find a way to have a vegan vampire fort, but haven't gotten around to it yet.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 136