Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 555307 times)

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell (BATTLEFAILED 4) - Beware the Aussie
« Reply #900 on: October 15, 2012, 07:47:20 pm »

Oh nice... I just realized the huge advantage to having an artifact front door - if I'm not mistaken artifact doors are the exception to building destroyers!  Not only a beautiful way to attract migrants - but a relatively safe way of getting them inside!

Yes... so long as monarch butterflies stay far away from it...
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: October 15, 2012, 07:52:30 pm »

Oh nice... I just realized the huge advantage to having an artifact front door - if I'm not mistaken artifact doors are the exception to building destroyers!  Not only a beautiful way to attract migrants - but a relatively safe way of getting them inside!

Yes... so long as monarch butterflies stay far away from it...

They can ruin even the proudest of fortress.  Tiny, pretty little traitors.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Silverlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: October 15, 2012, 07:56:23 pm »

Spish, that was several different sorts of awesome!  I must perforce ask to be added to the turn list.  If we are still surviving 30-something turns from now, I'm sure I can fix that.

And I'm happy to be contributing to the well-being of Horrorfailed.  As cook.  Yessiree, cooks are vital to the morale of a fortress; we certainly wouldn't want to risk a valuable cook in military action.  Nope.  Gotta keep the cook nice and safe in the . . . cook place.  Kitchen, maybe?  Cookery?  Food factory?  Something like that.
"All right boys, let's strike the- *crack* whatthefwarblblub..."
"...Dibs on the pick."
Hidden beneath rusting weapons was a mass of assorted bones. An elf, a goblin, even an ogre. All just waiting for someone to walk by and notice them, like some kind of land mine of horror.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: October 15, 2012, 08:04:50 pm »

Turns out kobold women react EVEN WORSE than human women when some wacko jumps them in his birthday suit.

I can attest to the reaction of human women. How do you know that?

Sadly, I'm not exactly brave enough to try that... But I'm pretty sure they wouldn't whip out a +iron short sword+ and lodge it in your chest.

You'd be surprised. I know girls who are in fencing.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: October 15, 2012, 08:23:46 pm »

Can't be destroyed, but they can still be knocked down (or so I hear). So not really a foolproof way to keep things out.
I just realized, that golden door is going to be the first thing migrants are going to see of the fortress proper, right?
Well, that, and the hallway filled with blood, guts, and mutilated bodyparts leading up to it.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 04:02:40 am by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: October 15, 2012, 08:27:11 pm »

Going to request a redorfing as the first migrant to get in alive.

EDIT:
I just realized, that golden door is going to be the first thing migrants are going to see of the fortress proper, right?
Well, that, and the hallway filled with blood, guts, and mutilated corpses leading up to it.
Good thing too, it would be shameful not to have an entrance paved of bones and covered in gore.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 08:35:26 pm by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: October 15, 2012, 08:45:14 pm »

You'd be surprised. I know girls who are in fencing.

True; my cousin would certainly kick anyone's ass for it... But I still doubt any healthy person would just up and stab someone immediately. Certainly not as readily as those kobolds took to perforating Gizogin...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: October 15, 2012, 08:50:35 pm »

Mego didn't just make a fancy gold door, he made a recursive gold door.  It has an image of itself upon it.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: October 15, 2012, 09:09:45 pm »

Would that symbolize the recurrence of death in the surrounding environ?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

SpaceKGreen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: October 16, 2012, 01:58:23 am »

Having read through the entire Battlefailed series, I must say I've thoroughly enjoyed the general insanity and dwarven reality-breaking.  Definitely going to continue reading; judging from the last few stories and some of the upcoming overseers, this story should surely have some great !!fun!! in the future.

Also, if I may, can I request a dorfing?  Space* - Weaponsmith - "Makes tha weapons" - preferably a dorf who's made it inside mostly intact and not covered in syndrome.

*Name confusion!  Might be entertaining...

...it would be shameful not to have an entrance paved of bones and covered in gore.

Having read through the previous thread earlier, wasn't this world and fortress genned with the "bone block" reaction?

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: October 16, 2012, 06:31:47 am »

I've been immortalized on a gold door, eh?  This is good.  This is very good.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: October 16, 2012, 07:08:34 am »

Also, if I may, can I request a dorfing?  Space* - Weaponsmith - "Makes tha weapons" - preferably a dorf who's made it inside mostly intact and not covered in syndrome.

A running gag of "That guy named Space with the hammer-no, not the hammer that forges weapons, the hammer hammer--oh forget it, that Space just got torn up by that forgotten beast corpse," would be pretty funny.

Or we could have this "Thing One" and "Thing Two" gag going. Space One and Space Two, brothers from other mothers with hammers that deal whammers!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: October 16, 2012, 08:52:14 am »

Having read through the previous thread earlier, wasn't this world and fortress genned with the "bone block" reaction?

Failcannon's raws were modified to add in that reaction, but when I modified the raws for Hellcannon, apparently I did something wrong, because it didn't work. Same with the reaction that was supposed to turn blood into blood bricks. I don't know if those modifications were made in this world.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: October 16, 2012, 10:00:05 am »

Failcannon's raws were modified to add in that reaction, but when I modified the raws for Hellcannon, apparently I did something wrong, because it didn't work. Same with the reaction that was supposed to turn blood into blood bricks. I don't know if those modifications were made in this world.
We could either look at the RAWs or Spish could make a Kiln (or is it a Klin, I never get it right). Either works.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: October 16, 2012, 10:17:14 am »

Kiln.

A running gag of "That guy named Space with the hammer-no, not the hammer that forges weapons, the hammer hammer--oh forget it, that Space just got torn up by that forgotten beast corpse," would be pretty funny.

Or we could have this "Thing One" and "Thing Two" gag going. Space One and Space Two, brothers from other mothers with hammers that deal whammers!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Space just died"

"The hammer one, or the the other one"

"The hammer one"

"Well then send in the other one!"
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 136