Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 552979 times)

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell (BATTLEFAILED 4) - Beware the Aussie
« Reply #915 on: October 16, 2012, 02:11:26 pm »

I looks like someone forgot to add
Code: [Select]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_BONE_BLOCKS]
to the Dwarf Civilization entry in entity_default.txt so the bone block reaction is not available to use by Dwarves.
You can't add those after worldgen but you can change the contents of another reaction to turn it into the bone block reaction.
If you do that it would be best to change one of the alloy reactions that can't be used with the available materials in the fort.

I did not see any blood brick reaction but I do know how to make one.
You would need to use a separate blood material for the blood blocks so they don't melt at room temperature so that reaction would require generating a new world.
[REACTION_CLASS:] has to be used to select blood in the reaction.
Look at my bloodwine mod if you want to see an example reaction that uses blood as a reactant.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 02:39:03 pm by arclance »
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: October 16, 2012, 02:25:56 pm »

just so I know, did you guys see my dorf request? It seems every time I request a dorf for battlefailed/failcannon/hellcannon, it gets overlooked
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: October 16, 2012, 03:09:30 pm »

I looks like someone forgot to add
Code: [Select]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_BONE_BLOCKS]
to the Dwarf Civilization entry in entity_default.txt so the bone block reaction is not available to use by Dwarves.
You can't add those after worldgen but you can change the contents of another reaction to turn it into the bone block reaction.
If you do that it would be best to change one of the alloy reactions that can't be used with the available materials in the fort.

I did not see any blood brick reaction but I do know how to make one.
You would need to use a separate blood material for the blood blocks so they don't melt at room temperature so that reaction would require generating a new world.
[REACTION_CLASS:] has to be used to select blood in the reaction.
Look at my bloodwine mod if you want to see an example reaction that uses blood as a reactant.

I'm to blame for those reactions not working in Hellcannon, since I was the one trying to add them. I opened up a thread in DF Modding before Hellcannon to ask about the blood bricks, but I can't seem to find it now.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: October 16, 2012, 03:20:59 pm »

just so I know, did you guys see my dorf request? It seems every time I request a dorf for battlefailed/failcannon/hellcannon, it gets overlooked
I saw. I kind of want to dorf you as a melee dwarf this time though, since I gave you the badass sniper role in Watchedgleam (and Megaman already has that position filled here)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 03:22:35 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: October 16, 2012, 04:14:35 pm »

Check the dorf list, it has been there for a while.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Ashsaber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: October 16, 2012, 05:16:26 pm »

I am deeply disappointed that I died doing something of worth.
Not living up to the red shirt legacy at all.  >:(

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: October 16, 2012, 05:22:36 pm »

I'm to blame for those reactions not working in Hellcannon, since I was the one trying to add them. I opened up a thread in DF Modding before Hellcannon to ask about the blood bricks, but I can't seem to find it now.
If I remember correctly I was busy when Hellcannon started so I likely never saw that thread.
I could make a blood block reaction for Battlefailed 5 if you want.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: October 16, 2012, 06:43:19 pm »

heh, badass melee dorf in a battlefailed saga? Isn't that an oxymoron? :P
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: October 16, 2012, 07:43:38 pm »

No, people doing badass antics melee-wise is pretty much a BF tradition.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: October 16, 2012, 09:19:14 pm »

Unfortunately, regardless of how badass a badass is, they all seem to go out like a fart in a wind storm sooner or later...
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: October 16, 2012, 09:52:08 pm »

Unfortunately, regardless of how badass a badass is, they all seem to go out like a fart in a wind storm sooner or later...

Frankly, Urist McBadass kicking ass every single time isn't as fun as Urist McBadass being killed like Urist McLyeMaker in the middle of a tantrum spiral.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: October 18, 2012, 06:40:51 am »

Notes and Scrawlings of the Cerulean Caretaker
Things are still going as planned, as they have been thus-far. Viridian died so he could inform and persuade the current Dinjoralo, the dad of the body I'm inhabiting used my knee as a shield, and otherwise the events in Horrorfailed haven't deviated from expectations. Going to scatter written notes around the fort next, to influence the dwarves and keep events going as they should.

Note to next Dinjoralo in line: Do not trust Aussie. Taupe nearly ruined the whole operation in the last cycle by working with Aussie to try and speed things up. His agenda can go on, and in fact it must go on, but if we muck with it again, all of our effort will be a waste of effort. If that ever happens, I will find which one of you did it and Piledrive your fucking skull in with a zombies femur.
*You find a sheet of paper in a dwarfs bedroom*
High, P ress urew illb uildo vert hewatersfr om thewe stwith fog.

5, -4, 0, 7, -15, -11, -10, -7, -15, -15, -3, 10, -5, 14, -3, 0, 10, -19, 9, -3, 10, -8, -15, 10, -14, -1, 12, 3, -18, 12, -1, 0, -4, 3, -1, 1, 5, 2, -9, 6, 0, -18, 7, -17, -17, 6, -2, -3, 19, 0, 14

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: October 19, 2012, 02:05:48 am »

I'm sorry folks, I got sidetracked again. Here's hoping the next update will be worth the wait; in the meantime, have some more dorfins.

Deathsword, currently possessing a part-time architect, soon to be full-time zombie slayer.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Everyone's favorite cat enthusiast...
And she's already found herself a minion, all is right with the world!

Back for round two is Andreus! A competent axedwarf (who likes axes, obviously). The one true wielder of Bulwarkwraiths (aka Andreus I).
That awkward moment when you realize you and your arch-nemesis possessed into the same couple...

Clover Magic, a suspiciously green fellow who is great at both cutting and setting gems. May or may not actually be a leprechaun.
He sure likes a lot of weird stuff...

Tryrar, a muscularly, musically inclined speardwarf fresh out of the mill. Good luck living up to your Watchedgleamed legacy :P
Rarely completes tasks and is often overcome by distractions? Now who does that remind you of? :D

Space, who... well...
I like how he has almost no personality compared to everyone else. With a title like "Makes The Weapons," it figures he'd be a blunt individual.

DevilEd, who has finally returned to us from the dead. Our best woodcrafter in recent memory, by far. Also an expert at lying and intimidation.

Ashsaber, cause you always gotta have a redshirt (plus I couldn't think of anyone else to dwarf). Happens to be a great dyer (in more ways than one), which is fine for making more red shirts I guess.

Last and most definately least, an utterly useless female fisherdwarf who I've decided is vampire food. Sorry, no picture.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 03:40:37 am by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: October 19, 2012, 02:29:37 am »

Ah, the poor girl is vamp food.

Better than being fish food, as is the ultimate fate of most fisherdwarves :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Ledi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: October 19, 2012, 03:09:05 am »

Everyone's favorite cat enthusiast...
And she's already found herself a minion, all is right with the world!

The cats have chosen!

Meowvellous.

Yes, I know that guaranteed me to be the next to die. >> It was worth it.
So Ledi's been training the cats into an army of disposable warbeasts?  Why did no-one think of this sooner?!
Hellcannon seemed to be constantly on the verge of death and Levergedon before my turn helped, but ultimately what killed it was Ledi's cat army.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 136