Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 538819 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Okay, two things:

1) It's a .rar.  I don't have anything to open a .rar with.
Download 7zip. It's free.

2) As I edited my last post to say, it has a tileset.  I don't know how to use a tileset.
The Lazy Newbie Pack can convert tilesets to ASCII and back.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile

Okay, I downloaded the save, went through the Lazy Newb Pack to convert the graphics back to default, put the settings the way I like them, and got a FATAL ERROR.  It said "Missing word definition."  Now what?
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can't use the lazy newb pack to change the graphics pack of a modded game.
You have to do modded games by hand if you want to change the graphics pack.

I think they added some symbols to the language files for this game.
That is probably what caused that error.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile

Try using something called jZip for the .RAR file.
(Damn, Ninja'd)
Also, me! ME! *Raises hand wildly* I wanna be a part of the new embarking 7!

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile

Well then, I'll just play it with the tileset.  Bear with me, I'm going to have to figure everything out.
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well then, I'll just play it with the tileset.  Bear with me, I'm going to have to figure everything out.
I am going to download the save and see if it is modded.
It is definitely modded.
If the modding is not too extreme I can make some acsii raws for you.
I have done this before.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 11:40:38 am by arclance »
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

The tileset's Phoebus.

Also, I appologise if this has caused trouble.  I didn't realise a graphics tileset would cause this much trouble in a modded game.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The tileset's Phoebus.

Also, I appologise if this has caused trouble.  I didn't realise a graphics tileset would cause this much trouble in a modded game.
I did a diff of the save raws and the vanilla raws.
It's not too modded, I can make some acsii raws for people to use.
Sigtext

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile

Bizarrely, when I re-downloaded the save and fired it up, it was in ASCII.  Anyway, I've embarked.  I'm just looking around right now, getting a feel for where everything is.  There's stuff scattered everywhere, most of it covered in nefarious mist or fetid muck.  My priority right now is getting everyone underground.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

Bizarrely, when I re-downloaded the save and fired it up, it was in ASCII.  Anyway, I've embarked.  I'm just looking around right now, getting a feel for where everything is.  There's stuff scattered everywhere, most of it covered in nefarious mist or fetid muck.  My priority right now is getting everyone underground.

Down the stairs and up through the hatch.  Don't step in the grey parts of the yellow muck (Love of ARMOK, restrict that area!) or they'll rot instantly.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Down the stairs and up through the hatch.  Don't step in the grey parts of the yellow muck (Love of ARMOK, restrict that area!) or they'll rot instantly.

Think of the possibilities when invaders come!

Also, I wonder if it's possible to use medics and that goo to create pain-immune dwarfs. Either way, you'll want to create an area where you can dump corpses until you can incinerate them.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Your right those are modded ascii raws not phoebus.
ThatAussieGuy were you using the phoebus tileset image without the phoebus raws?
Sigtext

Nexusv

• Escaped Lunatic
  • [
    • View Profile

Who are the new starting seven?
Also, the tvtropes page now has a link to this.
[ETHIC:NO_CONTRIB:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile

Well this is going better than expected, I would like to be placed on the re-dorfing list. Also yeah, if my dwarf dies dont re-dorf him until the zombie dies at least once.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

I demand another dorf.

I am also here to say that the nefarious mist doesn't actually cause rotting in dwarves on it's own. I found many sites with it, and was honestly rather bored by it undeadly-ness. I have a hunch it's the combination of it's bruising and the muck's blistering (or maybe it also causes further bruising) that results in a potent enough toxin to produce necrosis. Dwarves don't die when exposed to only one or the other.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 136